Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 21 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-22-2012, 10:44 AM   #301
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Im reading some of the older comments. People are saying how badly they want one, but without the logo, or need ones with 2 washer cutouts and other, ect. Well I see it as you have 3 options. 1-Deal with it, Poison Spyder made the part they put there logo on it. 2-Buy the bare metal one take it to a shop, and pay to have the logo cutout and filled in with aluminum sheet metal, then painted or powder coated. 3-Make your own or go with another companies product.

They made a product that works. I wouldnt expect them to make this to fit everyones different needs. People like there jeep to be original, so be original and make your own or customize this one the way you would like it to be. Nowhere does it say you cant customize it to fit your style.

RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 10:45 AM   #302
scot68
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Poison Spyder Customs is a reputable company that makes quality products and from a manufacturer (or company) standpoint I see the reasoning behind getting their name out there as much as possible. However from a customer standpoint I personally have a hard time advertising for anyone. An example is every time I buy a new vehicle the first thing I do is remove the dealer’s name decal and license plate holder from the rear of the vehicle. I may have had a good experience with the dealer and liked the salesperson but I don’t want their name on my car.
BTW my powder coated version just arrived. It is a very nice piece, I cant wait to install it!!!
scot68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:12 PM   #303
thunderball

I just cut the top two inches off the top of the louver, spider logo, words and everything and moved on. I don't like free advertising but i also don't want standing water sitting in that recess everytime it rains or i wash the jeep. I think it's lame that we have to have their company name laser cutout of everything they sell, because of that I did not buy their bumpers and sliders. The spider logo is ok. So I think it is fair to let them know how much business they are losing because of it and I would agree that they do make some damn nice products. What a shame.
thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #304
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderball View Post
I just cut the top two inches off the top of the louver, spider logo, words and everything and moved on. I don't like free advertising but i also don't want standing water sitting in that recess everytime it rains or i wash the jeep. I think it's lame that we have to have their company name laser cutout of everything they sell, because of that I did not buy their bumpers and sliders. The spider logo is ok. So I think it is fair to let them know how much business they are losing because of it and I would agree that they do make some damn nice products. What a shame.
Pics?
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #305
JSingr

Installed yesterday..I'll take better "clean" pics over the weekend..just a couple from on my way to work..

JSingr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2012, 07:00 PM   #306
thunderball

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
Pics?
I just nipped it on the shear right below all of it, still looks good but without the verbage. I will take some pics when it's done....also cutout all the underhood bracing to make it 100% effetcive and going to do more of a racecar style hood brace and paint it all satin black underneath. But honestly even with the gaping hole in the hood this thing is stiff and I think that bracing is there to help hood shape and have predictable hood crumpling in an accident.
thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 07:38 PM   #307
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I see on the website it says 03-06 and i was wondering if it fits the earlier 97-02 TJ's?

im sure its been asked before but after searching a few ramdon pages in this thread and the search result threads i can't find it so can someone help instead of flame me? thanks?

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2012, 08:27 PM   #308
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandKing View Post
I see on the website it says 03-06 and i was wondering if it fits the earlier 97-02 TJ's?

im sure its been asked before but after searching a few ramdon pages in this thread and the search result threads i can't find it so can someone help instead of flame me? thanks?
if you go to page 18 ( B2CARPEN ) Put the 03-06 one on a 2000 wrangler. Other posts say the only thing different is the hood on older jeep have 2 windshield washer sprayers, newer ones only have 1 in the center.
RDaniel2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 08:13 PM   #309
LifeProof
SEMPER FIDELIS

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Much appreciated, you sir are a gentleman and a scholar

SEMPER FI
LifeProof is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #310
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

The EARLY TJ version Poison Spyder Hood Louver is now available! This version accommodates those early model TJ's (usually '97-'02, but there have been some discrepencies) that have TWO windshield washer squirters on the hood. These are now in stock and ready to order in bare aluminum. The powder coat option will be available in approximately one week. CLICK HERE for our product/info/order page for the early TJ Hood Louver, or see any Authorized Poison Spyder Dealer

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 02:52 PM   #311
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Holy crap. Heck yeah its time to order one.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #312
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I still have to cut out my hood to fit the one washer nozzle, I keep forgetting I don't have the nozzles hooked up and go to use my washers then realize I'm spraying washer fluid all over my engine lol.

Glad to see the new version is finally in production, thanks for pressing our requests Dusty.. now lets shoot for having logo options
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #313
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
.. now lets shoot for having logo options
We may be in a better position to field those requests here in a few months. We will be starting on another major expansion soon that will more than double our floor space, add more equipment, and bring our laser-cutting in-house. When that is all in place it may be easier for us to offer custom cuts, one-offs, etc.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #314
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
We may be in a better position to field those requests here in a few months. We will be starting on another major expansion soon that will more than double our floor space, add more equipment, and bring our laser-cutting in-house. When that is all in place it may be easier for us to offer custom cuts, one-offs, etc.
That's great to hear you guys are doing well and expanding again.. that would be most excellent having control of the laser cutting and using your design crew to mock up options.
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:14 AM   #315
rykerjenbob
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You are still doing the YJ version correct?
rykerjenbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.