Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #286
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCJeep97 View Post
AHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAHHHHHAHAHAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA A I don't believe it!!!!!

EDIT: I'll believe it when I see it
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
Dusty, is that a custom paint job on Matt's jeep? I haven't seen that color on a JK before but I like it a lot.
Yes he did the paint in flat black. Then got really meticulous on the copper/bronze accents

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #287
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just a quick question, Has anyone thought of, or tried using black aluminum pop rivets instead of the scrwes???
Unread 05-18-2012, 03:04 PM   #288
scot68
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaniel2405 View Post
Just a quick question, Has anyone thought of, or tried using black aluminum pop rivets instead of the screws???
Thats a good question. I just ordered mine today after I confirmed it would only have the small logo. I'm going to try and have the bolt heads powder coated.
scot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #289
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot68 View Post
Thats a good question. I just ordered mine today after I confirmed it would only have the small logo. I'm going to try and have the bolt heads powder coated.
I just thought that black pop rivets might give it a clean install look with out all the long screws sticking out the bottom of the hood

aDP's Ultimate Rivet would give it a clean look http://www.adprivet.com/ultimate_rivets.html And there made in the USA
Unread 05-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #290
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

When did it become against jeepforum ruled to, in a product thread, respectfully let the vendor know that a change in other product was preventing not only my, but multiple others from purchasing thier product? You would think this would be encouraged so they knew what the people thought?

That being said, again, if the spider is the only logo, I'll purchase in a heartbeat....anything else, they will loose my business.
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 01:09 PM   #291
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Hows this for the money shot Everyone loved the louver there where at least 400 + jeeps here

cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:44 AM   #292
epeck87
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Just a clarification that the initial hood louver product is specific to the '03-'06 TJ/LJ. A version for the earlier TJ's is in the works.
well its been a year and a half since that statement. wheres the kit for earlier tjs at? I want one. whats different that makes the 03-06 not fit on a 2000?
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #293
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epeck87 View Post
well its been a year and a half since that statement. wheres the kit for earlier tjs at? I want one. whats different that makes the 03-06 not fit on a 2000?
I could be wrong but, if you go to page 18 ( B2CARPEN ) Put the 03-06 one on a 2000 wrangler. Other posts say the only thing different is the hood on older jeep have 2 windshield washer sprayers, newer ones only have 1 in the center.

on page 10 ( 2003X ) shows a pic of converting 2 sparyers to 1 sprayer.
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:07 AM   #294
B2CARPEN
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaniel2405 View Post
I could be wrong but, if you go to page 18 ( B2CARPEN ) Put the 03-06 one on a 2000 wrangler. Other posts say the only thing different is the hood on older jeep have 2 windshield washer sprayers, newer ones only have 1 in the center.

on page 10 ( 2003X ) shows a pic of converting 2 sparyers to 1 sprayer.
You are correct, main difference is converting from two washer nozzles to one. The only other thing I noticed was the template had you slightly cut into the edge of the hood brace up toward the top where the two forward facing louvers are. Instead of trimming the edge of the hood brace, I moved the template 1" out from the center.

IndyORV
B2CARPEN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM   #295
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldnt expect Poison Spyder to make 2 different parst just so people can use 2 washer sprayers instead of 1. All they should do is add a note to the description or in the directions. Saying that it will fit all TJ's but you will have to convert your 2 washer sprayers to a 1 sprayer setup, with a quick picture or two showing how it would look. And maybe a different template for the older model jeep. Paper directions are cheaper than a metal part. Its a jeep, how many other things have you modified just a bit to fit on your jeep...
Unread 05-21-2012, 12:08 PM   #296
scot68
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayfair_Jeeper View Post
When did it become against jeepforum ruled to, in a product thread, respectfully let the vendor know that a change in other product was preventing not only my, but multiple others from purchasing thier product? You would think this would be encouraged so they knew what the people thought?
That being said, again, if the spider is the only logo, I'll purchase in a heartbeat....anything else, they will loose my business.
Did I miss something?? Did you get grief for stating your opinion regarding the logo?
scot68 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 11:45 PM   #297
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot68

Did I miss something?? Did you get grief for stating your opinion regarding the logo?
Yeah. All of us that stated our displeasure had our comments removed and replaced with some bogus 'wrong place' comment from the mod....
Unread 05-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #298
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I read where the PSC crew has just gotten a 2 squirter TJ and will be making the louvers for it. I will get one if they offer it with the Spyder logo only at first.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:02 AM   #299
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
I read where the PSC crew has just gotten a 2 squirter TJ and will be making the louvers for it. I will get one if they offer it with the Spyder logo only at first.
Its sad, but that wont be the case. See Below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Currently the TJ Hood Louver has the Spyder only, and an old version of it at that. The JK Hood Louver has the full Poison Spyder logo. The TJ one (late model) will get the update on the next revision. The early TJ and YJ models will have the full logo when they are launched here sometime in the next couple of weeks.
Seems they are determined to drive customers away that want their product, but don't want the full logo...
Unread 05-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #300
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Why do people put decals on there ride? It is to make a statment to people who do not have mods to let them know what was done. Its not like they have poisonspyder.com on it. Im fine with the logo when i was at the go topless event in galveston out of 400 + jeeps there was only one other that had a hood louver. Every one who passed by it asked where did I get it and how hard was it to install. I hope the dont become popular make my jeep stand out.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.