Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 05-13-2012, 07:47 PM   #256
roman-loling
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot
Altho I almost lost a finger installing this I am satisfied with the out come... if you are on the fence with this take a look at these pictures...

here is the damage to the finger I'm an idiot
Looks good the hood that is.. So how you Mess up the finger?

roman-loling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:10 PM   #257
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

The dang angle grinder has a lock on feature and some how my finger got in the blade.

Thought of the day
Trust people who like big butts they cannot lie...
cyberpyrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #258
roman-loling
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot
The dang angle grinder has a lock on feature and some how my finger got in the blade.
Yea I was thinking it was a grinder with all the strips of skin on your hand. Suck that you can't stitch it up (no skin left 2 stitch!)
roman-loling is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #259
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

OUCH!! Cyberpyrot you're hard core!
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 09:45 AM   #260
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS
OUCH!! Cyberpyrot you're hard core!
Man it was so worth it im looking on your site for other stuff I love the look of the poison spider it gets alot of looks around town.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:21 AM   #261
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

PSC louver arrived last week and installed this weekend. The quality of the powder coat was clean and nice, but I gave it a few passes of high gloss clear to give it that mirror like reflection and make it pop...
psc-louver-7.jpg   psc-louver-8.jpg   psc-louver-11.jpg   psc-louver-13.jpg   psc-louver-14.jpg  

psc-louver-15.jpg  
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #262
Diverdown87
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN View Post
PSC louver arrived last week and installed this weekend. The quality of the powder coat was clean and nice, but I gave it a few passes of high gloss clear to give it that mirror like reflection and make it pop...
As usual Brad looks great. Professional looking job as always. Let me ask you . Did you slicone around the edges? I am going to be doing that to my MCE's to keep the beach sand out and when I finally pull the trigger on these louvers I was contemplating the same thing.

My idea of help from the man above is a sniper on the roof.
Diverdown87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2012, 10:54 AM   #263
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diverdown87 View Post
As usual Brad looks great. Professional looking job as always. Let me ask you . Did you silicone around the edges? I am going to be doing that to my MCE's to keep the beach sand out and when I finally pull the trigger on these louvers I was contemplating the same thing.
Much appreciated! I did not bother with silicone since this louver sits nice and flush with the hood. PSC did a fine job providing the natural bend in the louver to contour the hood curve so there's no gaps or openings around the edges.

IMO I wouldn't bother with silicone
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:43 PM   #264
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just a few pointers for those interested in installing this product... for the cuts, I used a jigsaw so I didn't burn the surrounding paint (or cut my fingers off lol). You might not end up with straight lines with the jigsaw, which is fine.. I then used an angler grinder with a sanding flap wheel to grind and sand the edges smooth and even out the wavy lines. I was able to get my cut out sections smooth and perfectly lined up to the hood cross members.

Here's some more pics including under the hood shots...
psc-louver-18.jpg   psc-louver-20.jpg   psc-louver-21.jpg   psc-louver-22.jpg  
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:02 PM   #265
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B2CARPEN
Just a few pointers for those interested in installing this product... for the cuts, I used a jigsaw so I didn't burn the surrounding paint (or cut my fingers off lol). You might not end up with straight lines with the jigsaw, which is fine.. I then used an angler grinder with a sanding flap wheel to grind and sand the edges smooth and even out the wavy lines. I was able to get my cut out sections smooth and perfectly lined up to the hood cross members.

Here's some more pics including under the hood shots...
Hmmm I just cant put my finger on who that remark was aimed at.... Hahaha after the finger damage I too used a jigsaw.

Thought of the day
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:08 PM   #266
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpyrot View Post
Hmmm I just cant put my finger on who that remark was aimed at.... Hahaha after the finger damage I too used a jigsaw.
Haha Love it dude, nice pun!! It's happened to me more times then I would like to admit too my friend! No matter how good you are with the grinder, all it takes is a wrong edge and then mad jacking
Unread 05-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #267
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Haha Love it dude, nice pun!! It's happened to me more times then I would like to admit too my friend! No matter how good you are with the grinder, all it takes is a wrong edge and then mad jacking
Yup there is a button that locks in the on position turned it over to look at the switch and the gravitational pull of the grinder sucked my finger in. Thats my story and im sticking to it

Deffinatly somthing to do with quantum physics and worm holes

Thought of the day
Unread 05-15-2012, 07:49 AM   #268
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Ok I bought 4 longer screws from home depot to finish the job here is the end result

I just ordered a windshield Poison Spyder decal I wanted to get the side decals too but there just out of my budget for this week. I also plan on getting the rear bumpers and the rolled fenders from poison spyder.. this will be a poison build ...
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #269
B2CARPEN

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Looks great!

Speaking of stickers, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get any with the louver. What the hell Dusty?!
Unread 05-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #270
cyberpyrot
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Looks great!

Speaking of stickers, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get any with the louver. What the hell Dusty?!
I think they stuck your stickers in mine I recieved 2 stickers.

Thought of the day

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.