Poison Spyder Hood Louvers - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Hood Louvers

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 11-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #166
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

No, still no news yet on YJ. Too many other projects going on.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:53 AM   #167
vegetarian_jeep

I saw (here as well as on other forums) where a lot of people were having problems with the template not lining up the same as the louver. Has this been corrected yet? Are new shipments going out with the corrected template?
vegetarian_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #168
DTS
Vendor

The template was fine, it just showed the squirter hole in the wrong place. If you disregard the squirter, everything else lines up fine. We have updated the template to just eliminate the squirter hole to eliminate that confusion, and also to clearance the cuts around the under-side hood stiffending flanges, as some have suggested. These updated templates have not yet been printed, they will be going into newly packaged louvers soon. If you have to have the updated template, let us know when you place your order and we'll make sure you get the new one (it might delay the order a little, if we don't have the new ones from the printer yet when you order).
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #169
southernss
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How about a new years free shipping on louvers
southernss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-28-2011, 01:54 PM   #170
vegetarian_jeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
If you have to have the updated template, let us know when you place your order and we'll make sure you get the new one (it might delay the order a little, if we don't have the new ones from the printer yet when you order).
Thanks for the quick response! I was planning on ordering this week but I can wait a week or two. I definitely want the newer template. Especially if it works the cutouts around the hood support beams. I was actually thinking about getting the Hy-line panel only because I was uncomfortable the way the Poison Spyder one interacted with the hood supports. Glad you guys worked that out!

When do you think the you will have the new templates back from the printer?
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:00 PM   #171
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegetarian_jeep View Post
Thanks for the quick response! I was planning on ordering this week but I can wait a week or two. I definitely want the newer template. Especially if it works the cutouts around the hood support beams. I was actually thinking about getting the Hy-line panel only because I was uncomfortable the way the Poison Spyder one interacted with the hood supports. Glad you guys worked that out!

When do you think the you will have the new templates back from the printer?
They're shut down this week like everyone else, so it will be next week at the earliest. Note that the hood louver itself is no different, we only changed the cut lines a little on the template, something a lot of people were doing on their own anyhow.
Unread 12-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #172
2012Rubicon

Any news on when they will be available for JKs?

[[OLD]] 2007 Jeep Wrangler.....2.5 TF Coil lift...TF Quick Disconnects...Bilstein 5100's...35's....Rancho Front/ Rear tire carrier...hi-lift jack..
2012Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 10:46 AM   #173
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Rubicon View Post
Any news on when they will be available for JKs?
Yes we do have some news on the JK version. We received the latest revision from the laser shop last week and just test-fit it the other day. It looks like this is the final version and will be in production soon. I have some changes to make to the cut template, but those should be done by the time we have them in production. The JK one took so long due mostly to other projects taking precedent, but also partly because the bracing under the stock JK hood created more challenges than there are with the TJ version. But bottom line is we should see them in production soon, most likely before the end of January but quite possibly within just a couple of weeks.
Unread 12-30-2011, 04:35 PM   #174
2003X
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I love these, I am just not sure how It will look in person.
2003X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #175
Biglar

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003X View Post
I love these, I am just not sure how It will look in person.
Even better than the pictures
Biglar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #176
2012Rubicon

Quote:
Yes we do have some news on the JK version. We received the latest revision from the laser shop last week and just test-fit it the other day. It looks like this is the final version and will be in production soon. I have some changes to make to the cut template, but those should be done by the time we have them in production. The JK one took so long due mostly to other projects taking precedent, but also partly because the bracing under the stock JK hood created more challenges than there are with the TJ version. But bottom line is we should see them in production soon, most likely before the end of January but quite possibly within just a couple of weeks.
Thats awesome, I appreciate the response. I just got yalls rear bumper combo and rocker knockers in, I think the louver would be the perfect match!

[[OLD]] 2007 Jeep Wrangler.....2.5 TF Coil lift...TF Quick Disconnects...Bilstein 5100's...35's....Rancho Front/ Rear tire carrier...hi-lift jack..
2012Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2012, 11:20 PM   #177
vegetarian_jeep

Any thoughts from PSC on a New Year's sales event? Maybe buy a Hood Louver and get a rocker free?

Seriously, I could pull the trigger and get rid of some Christmas cash on a few items with some free shipping.
Unread 02-24-2012, 11:13 AM   #178
DTS
Vendor

Thanks to DJ Harmon for running our TJ Hood Louver on his Modified Class rig in the King Of the Hammers Every Man Challenge

Unread 02-24-2012, 11:16 AM   #179
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
A further update to my comments above, as we obviously didn't make the guesstimated dates I gave for the JK version. As usual, it is taking longer than I had anticipated at that time. We DID have to do one more revision, and that one has just been test-fitted again. I hope to have the JK ones out soon but I'll refrain from giving any kind of a guess as to when that will happen.
Unread 03-06-2012, 11:46 AM   #180
DTS
Vendor

The Poison Spyder Hood Louver is now available for JK's!

We'll add more installed photos of the JK version as we get them, we're just a little light on them at this point since this is a brand new product

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.