Poison Spyder FULLY WELDED Full Cages - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder FULLY WELDED Full Cages

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Unread 06-30-2011, 11:24 AM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder FULLY WELDED Full Cages

Poison Spyder's popular Lazer-Fit™ Full Cage Kits have made it easier than ever to install a weld-in cage, but now we're taking it one step further by offering our Full Cages already FULLY WELDED, ready to simply BOLT IN!

Normal pricing for the Welded Cage is set at just $400 over the un-welded kit. That's a great deal, as most local shops will charge $500 or more to weld in a cage kit like ours. But for a limited time, we're offering an INTRODUCTORY SPECIAL of $200 OFF on the fully welded cages! Get yours welded by a pro for just $200! And shipping is surprisingly affordable (see sample quotes near the bottom of this post).

The Poison Spyder Welded Full Cage is a complete, fully welded, ready-to-bolt-in cage designed with hard core four-wheeling in mind. It represents a combination of maximum functionality and unmistakable Poison Spyder style. We start with our famous Lazer-Fit™ Full Cage Kit, which is CNC laser notched and NC bent for a precise fit. Then the kit is professionally welded together in our precision fabricated assembly fixtures. The result is a beautiful cage with gorgeous welds, ready to bolt into your Jeep to instantly transform it into a safe, great looking hard core trail rig. This is a great opportunity for those without access to a welder, or who simply don't want to hassle with welding their own, to get a quality, ready-to-bolt-in Poison Spyder Full Cage into their Jeep.

All Poison Spyder Cages are made of 100% DOM structural tubing. The TJ and YJ Full Cages incorporate Poison Spyder's proprietary Lower A-Pillars. The Lower A-Pillar is engineered to provide a strong foundation for the forward section of the cage while not intruding into the dash or compromising legroom. The Lower A-Pillars and gussets, as well as all mounting plates, are CNC laser cut and precision brake-formed from high strength 3/16" plate steel for quality and fit.

Note that, due to variations in seat configurations, the behind-the-seat harness bar, as shown in the first photo above, does NOT come with this cage unless expressly requested. Upon your request we can either include it un-welded, or weld it in at a standardized height/location.

Entry Grab Handles are sold separately. However, if you order them at the same time as your welded cage kit and ask us to do so in the comments, we will be happy to weld them on to your cage at no additional cost. These Grab Handles make entry and exit easier, as well as provide a secure grab handle while wheeling. Made of 1.25" X .120 wall tubing, bent and laser notched to perfectly fit Poison Spyder Lazer-Fit™ cage.

Fully welded cages must be shipped via truck freight. But the rates are surprisingly reasonable, and are actually somewhat comparable to shipping the same kit un-welded via parcel shipping. For example, shipping of a fully welded TJ cage to a business address is about $165 to a randomly chosen address in Washington State, $160 to Michigan, and $210 to Florida. Shipping to residential address is approximately $90 higher. Our shopping cart can not calculate truck freight shipping charges, but we will be happy to get you a shipping quote if you call our sales desk at 951-849-5911 or email sales@poisonspyder.com. Cages are welded up to order, and due to variances in shop scheduling, please allow an additional 1-2 weeks for delivery.

TJ (Click Here) and YJ (Click Here) fully welded cages are available now. CJ-7 will be available soon. LJ un-welded kits are not yet available, but when they are, a fully welded version will also be available. I do not have a firm ETA on those or any JK full cage kits yet.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #2
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

No CJ5 cages?

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
DTS
Vendor

No, sorry. Just those listed in the post. Thanks,
Unread 06-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #4
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Any future plans for them?

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:22 PM   #5
DTS
Vendor

Probably not. We haven't seen enough demand for it to justify the cost of tooling up and inventorying it.
Unread 06-30-2011, 03:25 PM   #6
Jeff88
Web Wheeler
1988 YJ Wrangler 

I DEMAND AN EARLY CJ5 CAGE!!!!!!!!!!!

I DEMAND IT.

I F***ing DEMAND IT.

Is this enough demand yet for you to offer one?

I really want one for my CJ.
Jeff88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #7
DTS
Vendor

Hey we make one for your YJ!
Unread 07-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Dusty,

The cages look great, very reasonable price too! Do you happen to have any pictures of the driver/passenger foot well area on a YJ? I want to see how much room the lower A-pillar takes up near the e-brake/clutch on a YJ. I can't quite get a good idea of this from the current pics you have posted on your site. Thanks!!!!!!
'04 WJ
The Past:
'83 CJ7, '92 YJ, '00 XJ, '99 TJ, '05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #9
DTS
Vendor

I'll try to find a photo that shows what you're looking for, when I get back in the shop next week. I might have to wait until the next time Papa Smurf (the blue YJ in some of our photos) is around.
Unread 07-01-2011, 08:45 PM   #10
19OlllllllO41
Jeep Addict

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
I'll try to find a photo that shows what you're looking for, when I get back in the shop next week. I might have to wait until the next time Papa Smurf (the blue YJ in some of our photos) is around.
Not a problem, sounds great! Thanks!
'04 WJ
The Past:
'83 CJ7, '92 YJ, '00 XJ, '99 TJ, '05 TJ Rubicon (Impact Orange)
19OlllllllO41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-02-2011, 06:08 AM   #11
Deserteagle83
2012 JK Wrangler 

OK... I'm PISSED!!! Last night I ordered the gen-right cage and had it shipped to my local fab shop. I really wish that i had found this page a day ago, no doubt in my mind that i would be bolting in a full Poison Spyder cage instead. Oah well. In any case, this is an awesome idea guys. It will really help guys like myself with no welding skills. This thing is also priced GREAT!!!
Deserteagle83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM   #12
DTS
Vendor

Here's another TJ cage ready to come out of the weld fixture...

Been shipping out quite a few of these lately!

Currently running a special with the fully welded cages discounted $100!
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:40 AM   #13
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19OlllllllO41 View Post
Dusty,

The cages look great, very reasonable price too! Do you happen to have any pictures of the driver/passenger foot well area on a YJ? I want to see how much room the lower A-pillar takes up near the e-brake/clutch on a YJ. I can't quite get a good idea of this from the current pics you have posted on your site. Thanks!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Hey I gotta apologize I had forgotten about that post. We had Pa Smurf in here last week and it didn't occur to me to grab that shot for you. I'll try again next time, again sorry about that.
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:49 AM   #14
dadstoy
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have a Softtopper. Will the YJ cage work with this top?
dadstoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-30-2011, 10:51 AM   #15
DTS
Vendor

This cage is designed to fit under a soft top. I'm not familiar with "Softopper", if that is a specific brand and there's anything funky about it that would make it fit any differently than a stock or regular old Bestop soft top, I can't guarantee it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.