Poison Spyder DIY Slider Tube & Rico Step Kits - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DIY Slider Tube & Rico Step Kits

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder DIY Slider Tube & Rico Step Kits

Poison Spyder Slider DIY Slider Tube Kits and DIY Rico Step Kits make it easy to add a slider rail and/or step to your existing Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers or other manufacturers' (or even home made) rocker guards. And to make things easier to figure out which one you need, we've recently re-named each of these kits to include the slider tube length in the product name.

The DIY Slider Tube Kit from Poison Spyder allows the do-it-yourselfer to add a rugged DOM tube slider to Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers™ or other aftermarket plate steel rocker armor.

The kit includes the slider tubes as well as the short tube supports to brace the center of the tube against the rocker, to do both sides of the Jeep. The DOM slider tube pieces are CNC bent and pre-notched to mount at an angle, as with our ready-built Rocker Knockers™ with Sliders. Requires welding.

DIY Slider Tube Kit - 53.75" - Typically used with TJ Unlimited (LJ), and CJ-8

DIY Slider Tube Kit - 44.25" - Typically used with TJ, YJ and CJ-7

DIY Slider Tube Kit - 39.5" - Typically used with CJ-5

------------------------------------------

The DIY Rico Step™ Kit from Poison Spyder allows the do-it-yourselfer to add a heavy duty rub rail and entry step to the stock Jeep JK Rubicon rocker rails, Poison Spyder Rocker Knockers™ or other aftermarket plate steel rocker armor.

The components provided in the kit are similar to Poison Spyder's "Ricochet Rockers", hence the name of the kit. The kit includes DOM tube rub rails, Rico Steps and end gussets. The DOM tube pieces are CNC bent and pre-notched, ready to weld on. The Rico Steps and gussets are laser cut from 3/16 plate steel. The steps are brake-formed to provide extra strength and reverse-dimpled for foot traction.

DIY Rico Step™ Kit - 66.5" - Designed specifically for use with the 4-Door JK (includes front and rear step plates)

DIY Rico Step™ Kit - 54.5" - Typically used with the JK 2-door, TJ Unlimited (LJ), and CJ-8

DIY Rico Step™ Kit - 45.25" - Typically used with TJ, YJ and CJ-7

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
mogo116
2013 JK Wrangler 

how much for a diy rico kit for a tj! lol been after these for awhile just scared i might stretch the rig and these will be ripped off for mini boats, do i get a better price for being first? lol

[B][COLOR="Orange"]MY BUILD[/COLOR][/B]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/no-pulp-2dr-13-jk-rubicon-build-1461729/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/no-pulp-2dr-13-jk-rubicon-build-1461729/[/URL]
[B]Registry[/B]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f288/no-pulp-1462178/"]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f288/no-pulp-1462178/[/URL]
mogo116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogo116 View Post
how much for a diy rico kit for a tj! lol been after these for awhile just scared i might stretch the rig and these will be ripped off for mini boats, do i get a better price for being first? lol
That kit is $175. Sorry though, you're not first. We've been selling these for years

BTW, for anyone else who's interested, you can click on any of the links in the first post to go to our webpage listing for that item, which has pricing, etc. Just in case I'm not able to get back into this thread for a while if you ask for a price, I thought I'd give you the "DIY" instructions to find them faster
Unread 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
DTS
Vendor

Thanks to Travis Ross for sending in some photos of his DIY Rico Step Kit install on his 2-door.

Unread 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #5
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

These look awesome. Any chance you could bend up a 60" kit with front and rear step plates? The '04 Grand Cherokee I just bought has stock rock rails and I was thinking about replacing them with aftermarket rails that had a step added one. Your kit would save me money and look 100x better in the process. However, I think the 54.5" kit would be a bit too short and wouldn't look right, and the JK kit is just a bit longer than my rails are.
Unread 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #6
DTS
Vendor

Sorry our manufacturing process isn't set up to do one-off variations efficiently.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #7
T_K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I put the DIY Rico steps on my TJ. Great kit. Here is my TJ with my wife driving and the steps

T_K is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.