Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor!

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 11-28-2011, 01:51 PM   #76
Cotton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^^ Looks great!!

Unread 11-28-2011, 02:12 PM   #77
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Thanks to John Grounds for these photos of his build, with 3" DeFenders up front with Full Length Side Plates, and Crusher Corners with 3" DeFender Flares in the rear. John's rig is also sporting our Rocker Knockers with sliders and BFH Front Bumper with Trail Stinger.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 11:51 AM   #78
edmonddantes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So how much weaker is the Aluminum vs. Steel?
I'm leaning on the side of weight savings, but still want a bit of the armor effect.
edmonddantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 12:15 PM   #79
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmonddantes View Post
So how much weaker is the Aluminum vs. Steel?
I'm leaning on the side of weight savings, but still want a bit of the armor effect.
While I think you will still get "a bit of the armor effect" from the aluminum ones, we can't give you any hard data on just how strong or weak they are versus the steel ones. We think its just going to be one of those questions that works itself out after a few of these get out into the real world and get tested. Yes its an expensive product to purchase to use as armor without some sort of guarantee on their effectiveness as armor. Because of that we are simply not making any claims as to the suitability of the aluminum ones for hard core use in the rocks yet. At 3/16" thick, its not like they're made out of Reynolds Wrap. They DO seem stout. But when you lean a 5000+ lbs. Jeep into the side of a granite canyon wall, will the aluminum ones hold up? The best we can say is, probably not as well as the steel ones. But how much abuse they can take, we just can't say at this point.

I think the best testimony will come from the Savvy KOH team, who will be running aluminum DeFenders on their rig. We're all anxious to see how well they hold up on that rig. Can't get much more hard core than that.
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #80
trevor98tj

Just received my 3" flare steel defenders via ups today. Look solid. Will post pics after assembly. Trevor
trevor98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 01:46 PM   #81
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Sorry if it's already been asked... but can you get a LED trun indicator like the ones used on the T&T fenders? I think the triangle shape looks alot better than the little dot style.
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #82
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor98tj View Post
Just received my 3" flare steel defenders via ups today. Look solid. Will post pics after assembly. Trevor
Cool, look forward to it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 141 View Post
Sorry if it's already been asked... but can you get a LED trun indicator like the ones used on the T&T fenders? I think the triangle shape looks alot better than the little dot style.
I don't believe it has been asked but the answer is no, we use the 3/4" round LED. Despite its small size it is very bright and it is DOT approved. But you're welcome to try to graft in the triangular light if you want. I believe Jerry Bransford is working on doing the rectangular ones on the outer edge of his, like he did with his plastic flares. You can do just about anything you want with them if you can do a little bit of cutting yourself.
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:30 PM   #83
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I'm thinking of holding off until the high-lines come out. Will you offer a rear set that allows for trimming the rear of the tub a bit?
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-29-2011, 02:35 PM   #84
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 141 View Post
I'm thinking of holding off until the high-lines come out. Will you offer a rear set that allows for trimming the rear of the tub a bit?
Not sure yet, but it would make sense to offer that with the hi-line fronts, for those who don't want to do comp-cut in the rear. Your interest is noted
Unread 11-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #85
sexysun555

sexysun555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #86
DTS
Vendor

We've decided to extend the Introductory Pricing for DeFenders through December 23rd, to help out with your Christmas shopping. So you can still SAVE $100 if you want to give your favorite TJ or LJ owner an awesome Christmas gift But even if you want them for yourself, pull the trigger before Christmas because on the night of the 23rd they assume their regular price.

Unread 11-30-2011, 05:13 PM   #87
tradair1980
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Sick man soon to buy for sure
tradair1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2011, 11:22 AM   #88
trevor98tj

My take so far on the defenders and my plan for the TJ.

trevor98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2011, 11:27 PM   #89
TheWicked
2006 TJ Wrangler 

do all of your rear fenders sit ~4in back from the wheelwell? it looks kinda weird. also what size tires and lift is on your white jeep
TheWicked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2011, 12:34 PM   #90
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWicked View Post
do all of your rear fenders sit ~4in back from the wheelwell? it looks kinda weird. also what size tires and lift is on your white jeep
No, those corners were an early prototype that we sent to John before the rear DeFender Flares were in their final design and in production. That set of DeFender Flares was a tad too long from front to rear, so it could not be centered because the front cut on the TJ Corner limits how far forward the flare can be. That's why we didn't use that photo in this thread.

Below is a shot of the production version. The DeFender Flare is a tad shorter now and not quite as biased toward the rear, while still leaving a some room for those who would like to open up the wheel opening a little further.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.