Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor! - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-09-2011, 05:36 PM   #46
ruthole
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS

YJ's are next.

Not yet, give us a couple weeks. Or you could check out our Facebook page, there's a currently mounting up a set, he's posted a couple WIP photos so far, he should have some finished photos posted there soon.
Well I don't like the missing back pice. I don't like cutting if it's not necessary and that is not necessary cuz I can buy the whole thing where if I ever decide to change back. So unless you change the design before I purchase some else where then I'll probably invest in some of yours

/| ,[___], |--L --[]|||||[]- ()_) ()_)-o-()_)

Lone jeep club member #1

[QUOTE=TMSquy;13470729]If parts aint flyin you aint tryin![/QUOTE]
ruthole is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2011, 07:55 PM   #47
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rykerjenbob View Post
Need a wider flare version.
Amen to that. Trying ever so hard to build my Rubi to be trail capable and aggressive looking, but also keeping street legal by keeping the tires covered. Please, please, please.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 01:59 AM   #48
ex m38a1er
2003 TJ Wrangler 

^^^^^^^^^Τhat makes 5 of us already???????????

'WHO DARES,WINS'

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f37/e...-my-tj-723762/
ex m38a1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 09:42 AM   #49
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Matching rear DeFender Flares are now available in steel, 3" width, for TJ and LJ. These are available already welded to a new set of Crusher Corners for TJ and LJ, with other models to follow (to correspond with the release of each model front DeFenders).

These rear DeFender Flares are of the same construction as the front DeFenders, fabricated entirely of 3/16" plate. They also have the fully-boxed lower corners.

They are also available by themselves, as a DIY weld-on DeFender Flare, to retrofit your existing Crusher Corners or other manufacturer's full corner armor.

A bolt-on version will be available at a later date.

Click Here for TJ Crusher Corners with 3" DeFender Flares (Steel)

Click Here for LJ Crusher Corners with 3" DeFender Flares (Steel)
Click Here for weld-on 3" DeFender Flares (Steel)

Aluminum versions of each will be available soon.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #50
Cotton
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Rear corners and flares look great as well!!! I have a set of your original tube fenders and have been very pleased with them!! Way to set the bar again with the DeFenders!
Unread 11-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #51
T_K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I really like the front and rear fenders, I need a money tree. Any plans for aluminum rear?
T_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 11:44 AM   #52
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_K View Post
I really like the front and rear fenders, I need a money tree. Any plans for aluminum rear?
Yes aluminum will be available very soon. This will allow for some interesting combinations. You will be able to order aluminum Crusher Corners with aluminum DeFender Flares already welded on. And when we release the bolt-on versions, you will be able to combine steel bolt-on DeFender Flares with aluminum Crusher Corners to save weight but still have the tougher steel flare as your outer rub rail.
Unread 11-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #53
T_K
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Yes aluminum will be available very soon. This will allow for some interesting combinations. You will be able to order aluminum Crusher Corners with aluminum DeFender Flares already welded on. And when we release the bolt-on versions, you will be able to combine steel bolt-on DeFender Flares with aluminum Crusher Corners to save weight but still have the tougher steel flare as your outer rub rail.
Any ETA on all of that stuff?
T_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 12:32 PM   #54
freeskier93
Web Wheeler

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Some bolt on rear aluminum flairs would be awesome.

CU Boulder Aerospace Engineering
freeskier93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 04:47 PM   #55
Ef4life
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The rear flares look great, almost nice enough make me stop running no flares. Almost.
Ef4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #56
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_K View Post
Any ETA on all of that stuff?
Sorry we can't give ETA's for new product introductions. They have a way of coming back to haunt us.
Unread 11-10-2011, 07:06 PM   #57
rshaw

Coming from someone who has painted 2 sets of tube armor with base clear, and installs poison spyder armor about once a week at work i would have to say i love the one piece flare design. It will save hours prepping, and about 30 dollars of seam sealer. Ill post a review once i install a set. As of right now i like them though!
rshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 06:51 AM   #58
ken white
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Sorry we can't give ETA's for new product introductions. They have a way of coming back to haunt us.
Ain't that the truth...

ken white is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 03:58 PM   #59
trevor98tj

Can you make a set without the access panels on the side? Just a nice stock style flat bare steel? I would be interested for sure in a set of 4.5"s.
trevor98tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:53 PM   #60
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor98tj
Can you make a set without the access panels on the side? Just a nice stock style flat bare steel? I would be interested for sure in a set of 4.5"s.
Access panels are necessary for installation. You need to reach in there for the bolts/nuts. I think it was mentioned earlier in this thread. I think the access hole covers would be sweet in a louvered/mesh design, but that's just me. If they were vented in some way, would it be possible to flush out the insides/exposed areas so that it drained somehow? Just thinking from a salt collection (anti-corrosion) angle...

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.