Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor! - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 11-03-2011, 04:44 PM   #16
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
I don't usually get into arguments with vendors, especially in their own threads, but l really don't care for the tone of your post.
I apologize for answering tone with tone. And for the record, 3" DeFenders weigh 28.6 lbs. each, while 3" Tube Fenders weigh 32.2 lbs. each.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:48 PM   #17
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
I apologize for answering tone with tone. And for the record, 3" DeFenders weigh 28.6 lbs. each, while 3" Tube Fenders weigh 32.2 lbs. each.
No hard feelings. What are the weight of the aluminum ones? (specifically no flare, but it doesn't really matter. And any plans for removable flares? I like the no flare style, but I don't think that the cops in PA do.
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 04:58 PM   #18
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1994 View Post
No hard feelings. What are the weight of the aluminum ones? (specifically no flare, but it doesn't really matter. And any plans for removable flares? I like the no flare style, but I don't think that the cops in PA do.
Just to have them all in one place, here are the weights for the aluminum ones, per side:

Negative Flare: 6 lbs.
No Flare: 7 lbs.
3" Flare: 10 lbs.

So far no plans for a removable flare.
DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 05:08 PM   #19
-MJK-
2006 LJ Wrangler 

They look good...I'd be interested in a 4.5" wide as well as a louvered or screened side plate.
-MJK- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #20
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

does that side plate happen to work with factory flares and factory fenders?
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 08:06 PM   #21
ajf1994
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Just to have them all in one place, here are the weights for the aluminum ones, per side:

Negative Flare: 6 lbs.
No Flare: 7 lbs.
3" Flare: 10 lbs.

So far no plans for a removable flare.
Probably lighter than the factory vendors they replace.

Just curious about the removable flare, as it's the one part of MetalCloak's I actually like (other than the new inner fender).
[URL="http://stu-offroad.com/support.htm"][COLOR="Blue"]I Supported Stu![/COLOR][/URL][/B]
High School Jeepers #361
Parrothead Jeep Club #46
37,xxx Miles[/SIZE]
[QUOTE=XJ-Tim;12621151][SIZE="1"]my welds look like popcorn with sprinkles.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Benjamin Franklin][SIZE="1"]Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
ajf1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2011, 10:05 PM   #22
Ef4life
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I love the look for the negative aluminum fenders, but honestly I just couldn't justify an aluminum fender and reusing the stock steel inner fender. It kind of defeats the purpose to me.

Now a highline negative flare aluminum fender with aluminum inner fender for just a little more money and I might crack open my wallet.
Ef4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:09 AM   #23
cbandit
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I like the fenders, was going to do metalclokes. These would be considered over them with a 4.5 in flare, louvered access plate, and inner fender well. Maybe do the inner fenders aluminum like mc to save weight but still look great. great looking product, a step in the right direction.
cbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #24
Erik T.
2001 TJ Wrangler 

These are awesome! Especially with the full side plates. I'd like to see a high lined version!

Edit - What light bar is that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Hack work? :rofl: You just described half the modified jeeps on this board.
Erik T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #25
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

These look really nice. I like the idea of the lighter weight aluminum. Earlier you posted the dimensions of the components of the fender. Are those the same dimensions for steel and aluminum? The 3" flare version appeals to me greatly, but think the 4.5" option would be a great option as well for those with Rubicons, Saharas, or a requirement for better tire coverage.

While I would prefer to have a full fender replacement that included the inner fender, I would so love to mount a set of these. I just put on a replacement OEM fender after getting it painted, so with a full replacement version, I could sell those off.

Do you have any close up pics of where the 3/4" signal would mount? Is it like it was for the previous tube fenders at the joint of the grille and fender?
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:35 AM   #26
ken white
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Nice, makes me want to change my TJ's looks one more time...

ken white is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

X2 on the light bar. Not usaully a fan of them, but it's very low profile with the LED's and the mounting plate would hide my dented window frame (damn trees!).
141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 09:44 AM   #28
jskwarek
2013 JK Wrangler 

Have a missed it, or is it not posted? Are these true bolt on fenders utilizing the stock inner fender, or do they require hacking up the stock fender? I almost pulled the trigger on the MC versions, these might edge them out as I'd really prefer the PS rockers over the MC versions.

Jason
jskwarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #29
STIFLER
2005 LJ Wrangler 

metalcloak was never an option for me they are hideous... but until I saw these nothing really jumped out and said buy me buy me! WIN

Dusty is there a PDF for installation I could see? I like to prep myself toolwise. What about rear fenders w/3" flare? is that defender on the white LJ?
Unread 11-04-2011, 10:09 AM   #30
Fropleyqk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Im not really seeing all the hate... Theyre not that much different than whats already around... just with a few improvements. Ill second the louvered panel option. I like the spider but I think youll get more love with something less "in your face."

Ill just throw in one more thought, to all the naysayers that want a full fender for the benefit of selling your stock fenders... ever notice how many sets of stock fenders are floating around out there? Mine are in my attic, I couldnt even give them away.
Fropleyqk is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.