Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor! - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor!

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 12-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #241
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJHCx4xLIFE View Post
How much work would it take to get the xc inner fender to work with the non-xc version. My fab skills are pretty slim but if it is as simple as trimming 3" or so off the bottom inner fender pieces and everything will otherwise line up I can handle that. Since there is no eta for the non-xc inner fender I'm weighing my options for the defenders I'm waiting to install.
I think it would be a little more complicated than just trimming the bottom. The back edge of the fender well is angled forward, meaning the inner fender assembly is tapered (narrower at the top). So the taller XC version would be narrower at the top than what you would need for the standard DeFenders. If you went ahead and bolted them in there, you'd not only have to trim some from the bottom, but the cut-out for the shock/spring tower would be placed too far toward the rear (you could open it up some but there would be a gap). Also, the front edge wouldn't reach all the way to the side of the grille, so you'd have to cut/fab a small tab or bracket to span that gap. All in all it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be more involved than simply trimming off the bottom 3".

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-19-2012, 04:37 PM   #242
WhiteRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Sorry guys, no ETA's on anything. WhiteRuby06 I can guarantee they won't be a Christmas gift for this year. tjcj, those are even further back on the burners.
no problem i can hold off buying new fenders for a little while. Happy holidays to you guys and ill check back in a few months thanks
WhiteRuby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #243
DTS
Vendor

YJ DeFenders with Negative Flare

Unread 02-15-2013, 05:42 AM   #244
NJHCx4xLIFE
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dusty... Any updates. I'm sure things have been busy but was curious if there might be any news on the inner fenders for regular defenders. Thanks.
NJHCx4xLIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2013, 11:31 AM   #245
DTS
Vendor

There's no news on those yet. They are still on our list of "To Do's", but unfortunately I still can't give you an idea of when.
Unread 02-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #246
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Have you started on Larry TTC Jeep yet? I voted for him and I hope he gets picked.
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:03 AM   #247
DTS
Vendor

Yes we have, its been here for a few months already. Thanks for the vote. We'll be starting a "campaign" for it soon
Unread 03-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #248
jjt4806
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I crunched the driver fender wheelin' this weekend - oops! - so now I'm FORCED to upgrde another part of the Rubi. In looking at pics of the defender installs, I've noticed a number of them that have a tapered gap between the hood and the fender (larger towards the rear) - including some of the rigs in your website gallery. Are these just because the people putting them in didn't bother to check the gap prior to drilling? Just wanted to get your thoughts on this prior to putting the cash down..
Thanks
Unread 03-06-2013, 09:33 AM   #249
DTS
Vendor

jjt4806, I think what you're seeing is mostly optical illusion. The curve of the Jeep's hood can make it look like what you're describing depending on the angle its viewed from. The bolt holes where the DeFenders mount to the body tub are a little oversized to allow for adjustment, so its possible that some may have installed them slightly too low, but that's an easy remedy to just loosen those bolts, slide the DeFender upward so that the topline of it matches that horizontal body line.
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:17 PM   #250
WhiteRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just checking in on any progress on the 3" tapered flares?? Summer time is coming soon, I need a new project!

Also no April fools jokes
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:26 PM   #251
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRuby06 View Post
Just checking in on any progress on the 3" tapered flares?? Summer time is coming soon, I need a new project!

Ya this in aluminum?

Sent from my XT881 freezeray gun using JeepForum
Unread 04-01-2013, 08:28 PM   #252
WhiteRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj

Ya this in aluminum?

Yes definitely aluminum
Unread 04-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #253
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRuby06 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Ya this in aluminum?

There's no news on them. They are still in our "to do" list but they are not on the front burner yet. When I have some news on them I'll post it up here. And yes they will be available in both steel and aluminum, like all of our DeFender products
Unread 04-03-2013, 02:46 PM   #254
midnight_f150
2002 TJ Wrangler 

When will larry find out if he will be in the TTC?
midnight_f150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #255
Biglar

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_f150 View Post
When will larry find out if he will be in the TTC?
Soon I hope!! I asked everyone I know at 4 Wheeler in Moab. They were all very tight lipped.
Biglar is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.