Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor! - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DeFenders™ - "Tubeless" Jeep Fender Armor!

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-11-2012, 09:05 AM   #166
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepjoe4 View Post
Will you take pre orders for the hiline fenders and if so when will you have a release date?
We usually don't do pre-orders unless the parts are actually in production and we're doing a pre-order of the first production run. We never take pre-orders on a part that is not yet finished with development. This is because its nearly impossible to say when a product will be done and ready for production. And that's the case with the high-lines too, we can't say when they will be done. These things aren't done according to a set schedule, they're done according to "when its done its done".

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #167
WhiteRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

im diggin the new fender look. any progress on the bolt on rear fenders??
WhiteRuby06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 06:04 PM   #168
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

There is a chance for rear fenders as well??!! Sweet!
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #169
WhiteRuby06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

they already have rears they are just weld on.
WhiteRuby06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #170
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Defender style weld on or tube fender style?
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-14-2012, 02:26 PM   #171
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRuby06 View Post
im diggin the new fender look. any progress on the bolt on rear fenders??
We're working on them but do not have a projected release date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRuby06 View Post
they already have rears they are just weld on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aparke4 View Post
Defender style weld on or tube fender style?
Actually both are available currently. Here are some links:

Steel Weld-On Rear DeFender Flares
Aluminum Weld-On Rear DeFender Flares
Weld-On Rear Crusher Flares (tube style,steel only)
Bolt-On Rear Crusher Flares (tube style, steel only)
Unread 05-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #172
DTS
Vendor

YJ DeFenders are READY! All six versions are now available:

YJ DeFenders with Negative Flare (Links: Steel - Aluminum)

YJ DeFenders with Zero Flare (Links: Steel - Aluminum)

YJ DeFenders with 3" Tapered Flare (Links: Steel - Aluminum)

The new 3" Tapered Flare was designed for maximum performance in several aspects. First, it provides the same splash protection of our regular 3" flare, keeping mud and debris from splashing up onto the side of the Jeep. But rather than having a straight side, the edge of the flare tapers inward toward the front of the Jeep, in a line parallel to the tapered edge of the hood. In this manner it tapers from 3" at the back, to about the same width as our "Zero Flare" at the front, providing the same great clearance for articulating tires and tight trails that our Zero Flare provides.

For those wondering about wider widths, we have plans to do a wider version in the future, after we're done rolling out the CJ versions and the high-line versions.
Unread 05-28-2012, 04:20 PM   #173
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Finally got around to installing my Defenders on my TJ. I drilled an extra hole for a marker light on the side. Still waiting on the hardware for my side plates to arrive . Apparently when I ordered my fenders the hardware came with the plates, not the fenders. By the time I ordered the plates, the hardware now comes with the fenders, not the plates. Hence I got no hardware. It's on it's way now though. Fit and quality is top notch.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics. When I find my good camera I can take some better ones if you like. I'll hopefully be making it to Rausch Creek in a couple weeks, probably will get a bunch of shots there .
Jasons4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2012, 05:35 PM   #174
tommbstone
1989 YJ Wrangler 

These are totaly cool but I have the feeling CHP would be pulling me over fast here in California. Very nice work I'm jealous.
tommbstone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-28-2012, 08:48 PM   #175
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any chance those 3" tapered flares will be availible for TJ's ( or did I miss them on your site) Also when are the bolt on 3" aluminium rears coming out
Unread 05-28-2012, 09:18 PM   #176
IAmAmerican
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Any chance those 3" tapered flares will be availible for TJ's ( or did I miss them on your site) Also when are the bolt on 3" aluminium rears coming out
X2

I'm gonna buy me a pair once y'all start crankin them out! A TJ 3" tapered highline would be AWESOME!!! I'll buy them in a heart beat!
IAmAmerican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2012, 09:41 AM   #177
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasons4x4 View Post
Finally got around to installing my Defenders on my TJ. I drilled an extra hole for a marker light on the side. Still waiting on the hardware for my side plates to arrive . Apparently when I ordered my fenders the hardware came with the plates, not the fenders. By the time I ordered the plates, the hardware now comes with the fenders, not the plates. Hence I got no hardware. It's on it's way now though. Fit and quality is top notch.
Looks great! Glad you like them, and sorry for the snafu on the plate hardware. Yeah we changed the way those are sold shortly after introducing the DeFenders, sorry you got caught in between the switch-over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjcj View Post
Yes we will probably be updating the TJ line to include the 3" Tapers, but not until we're done rolling out the rest of the base model DeFenders (still have CJ to go), and the highline TJ's.

Bolt-on 3" rear DeFender Flares should be available soon in both aluminum and steel. As anyone who has followed our product introductions knows, "soon" is a very nebulous term. I'm sorry I can't be more specific though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmAmerican View Post
X2

I'm gonna buy me a pair once y'all start crankin them out! A TJ 3" tapered highline would be AWESOME!!! I'll buy them in a heart beat!
Yes I believe a tapered 3" will be one of the variations on the TJ highline DeFenders when they come out.
Unread 05-29-2012, 10:20 AM   #178
tjcj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

[QUOTE=

Yes we will probably be updating the TJ line to include the 3" Tapers, but not until we're done rolling out the rest of the base model DeFenders (still have CJ to go), and the highline TJ's.

Bolt-on 3" rear DeFender Flares should be available soon in both aluminum and steel. As anyone who has followed our product introductions knows, "soon" is a very nebulous term. I'm sorry I can't be more specific though.

[/QUOTE] Great when they come out count me in
Unread 05-29-2012, 12:02 PM   #179
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS View Post
Looks great! Glad you like them, and sorry for the snafu on the plate hardware. Yeah we changed the way those are sold shortly after introducing the DeFenders, sorry you got caught in between the switch-over.
The missing hardware isn't a big deal since you guys are taking care of it. I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else got in on the initial offering but hasn't ordered the plates yet.

Also, a bit of constructive crticism - the only issue I had during the install was that a couple of bolts on the passenger side fender - the ones where you drill the holes into what is left of the existing fender along the hood line - the bolts that came with the fenders were too short in a couple of spots. It's not a big deal, the fender is plenty secure, but there were like two bolts where the bolt head sat flush with the top of the fender but there were no threads showing underneath. Not sure if that was due to deformation on the stock fender or something else. Anyway, these fenders look great, are functional, and they turn a lot of heads. Again, these fenders are extremely well designed and made. I would highly recommend them.
Unread 05-29-2012, 02:42 PM   #180
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Got my hardware in the mail today. Just finished installing the side plates (with the Spyder cutout - seriously, why would you NOT want a giant spider on the side of your Jeep? It looks awesome!). I can't get over how good these look. Next project: Poison Spyder hood louver...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.