Poison Spyder DeFender XC's ("high line" DeFenders) - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder DeFender XC's ("high line" DeFenders)

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-28-2013, 11:25 AM   #16
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Finally got a photo of the DeFender XCs with Negative Flares mounted up. Thanks to DJ Harmon!

DJ's running these on his King Of the Hammers EMC Modified Class racer. Check out his build thread over on Pirate4x4 for some photos of these and fitting them up. I'll try to get some more photos, from more angles, of these out at KOH next week.

DTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:48 AM   #17
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys - I'm very interested in purchasing a set of Defender xc's with the 3" tapered flare for my TJ, but I can't find many pictures of them except for Daddy Longlegs. Do y'all know of more or have any more of these on other TJ/LJ's?

Also, I can't tell for sure from the Daddy Longlegs pictures, but it almost looks as if the cut edge of the hood has been rolled under for a cleaner edge. How did y'all clean up the cut edge for the clean, smooth look?

If & when I do get a set of these fenders, I will definitely post up a detailed write up with photos from the install.

Love what you guys do at Poison Spyder. Keep up the great work!
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #18
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
Hey guys - I'm very interested in purchasing a set of Defender xc's with the 3" tapered flare for my TJ, but I can't find many pictures of them except for Daddy Longlegs. Do y'all know of more or have any more of these on other TJ/LJ's?
Here are a few more we just received from Ron McDaniel...

Unfortunately that's all we have so far. We only have the photos we take ourselves, and those that customers send us. And while we've shipped a few dozen sets of these so far, Ron is the only customer so far who has sent us photos of his installed. I'm curious about what specifically you want to see. We have tons of photos of them on Daddy Longlegs, from just about every angle you might need. You can see them all in our Daddy Longlegs image gallery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Graham View Post
Also, I can't tell for sure from the Daddy Longlegs pictures, but it almost looks as if the cut edge of the hood has been rolled under for a cleaner edge. How did y'all clean up the cut edge for the clean, smooth look?
The best way to do this is to weld a length of 1/4" steel rod along the cut line. Then use a boddy hammer to form the bottom edge around the rod.
Unread 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #19
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTS

Here are a few more we just received from Ron McDaniel...

Unfortunately that's all we have so far. We only have the photos we take ourselves, and those that customers send us. And while we've shipped a few dozen sets of these so far, Ron is the only customer so far who has sent us photos of his installed. I'm curious about what specifically you want to see. We have tons of photos of them on Daddy Longlegs, from just about every angle you might need. You can see them all in our Daddy Longlegs image gallery.

The best way to do this is to weld a length of 1/4" steel rod along the cut line. Then use a boddy hammer to form the bottom edge around the rod.
Thanks Dusty, those help. Mainly I just want to see the XC's on a normal TJ/YJ. I have looked at all of the Daddy Longlegs pictures and they are amazing, but with custom axles, coil over suspension, and much larger tires than I'm planning, I guess I just wanted to see what they look like on an average jeep, installed by an average jeep owner like myself.

If and when I order some, I'll post tons of photos of everything. I don't understand why others haven't already. Maybe they are too busy wheeling!

Thanks,
Matt
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:52 PM   #20
CommishLSU
2004 LJ Wrangler 

love my XC's! glad you got some usage out of the shots I sent. I will have many more at end of the month for you and Larry, Dusty.

As far as the Fenders, the quality is so great, the fit was perfect, and the look and function is exactly what I wanted. PS guys are first class and so easy to deal with. I ran tube fenders prior from another vendor, got tired of the rust running out the tubes, the seams always looking unfinished, etc. none of those factors are present with the XC's. these things are HD as well, you can beat on these things.

as far as my hood. we cut the edge and then cut the factory lip off the edge piece, then re-welded it to the hood, finishing it off with seam sealer. it's so factory looking it fools people.

let me know if I can answer any questions. I did my own install of the fenders and liners.
04 LJ, 5.38s, 37" Rockers, 110"WB stretch, Fox 2.0 Coilovers, 2-Antirox, RockMonsters,HP44 w/RCV, RubiCrawler, chromo's rear, Detroit-F ARB-R, GenRight Cage, Warn M8000, 3-link frt/4-link rear,PSC Steering, PS stretch armor, cust built front bumper.
CommishLSU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #21
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommishLSU
love my XC's! glad you got some usage out of the shots I sent. I will have many more at end of the month for you and Larry, Dusty.

As far as the Fenders, the quality is so great, the fit was perfect, and the look and function is exactly what I wanted. PS guys are first class and so easy to deal with. I ran tube fenders prior from another vendor, got tired of the rust running out the tubes, the seams always looking unfinished, etc. none of those factors are present with the XC's. these things are HD as well, you can beat on these things.

as far as my hood. we cut the edge and then cut the factory lip off the edge piece, then re-welded it to the hood, finishing it off with seam sealer. it's so factory looking it fools people.

let me know if I can answer any questions. I did my own install of the fenders and liners.
Ron I'd love to see any more photos that you have. Great looking jeep!
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:48 PM   #22
CommishLSU
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks Matt! Appreciate that. Been a great build for sure, she's a rescue jeep. I know those PSC boyz don't know what that brown stuff is on my tires, but unfortunately our rocks are all hours from here. Had the LJ at the Jeep Jam here a few weeks back, and it was tacky, at best! Headed to the rocks for Memorial Day, so i'll get some more pics.

Also, I'm running their DeFender Rear matching 3" flares, the weld-on, except I made brackets and bolted them on after I cut the rear opening for clearance. Pic below. they don't offer this and I didn't quite want corners just yet, so I had to do something.

Pics of build out....

Few build shots:

Slamma-kramma...lol

Pre Shots:

Dropped on the 2.5" Coils but prior to fender swap-

Rear:

HoodPin Install, and awesome guy that did the work in background.

Final:
04 LJ, 5.38s, 37" Rockers, 110"WB stretch, Fox 2.0 Coilovers, 2-Antirox, RockMonsters,HP44 w/RCV, RubiCrawler, chromo's rear, Detroit-F ARB-R, GenRight Cage, Warn M8000, 3-link frt/4-link rear,PSC Steering, PS stretch armor, cust built front bumper.
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #23
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommishLSU View Post
I know those PSC boyz don't know what that brown stuff is on my tires,
Not only that brown stuff, but what are those tall green things in the background? Are they related to the tumbleweed? LOL
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:46 AM   #24
CommishLSU
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yes, Dusty, distant cousin of the cajun decent, haha.

need to send you and Larry some pics of how I made those weld on rear flares into bolt ons. Worked out well.

headed to Hale Mtn Alabama for Memorial Day, will get you some "real" pics of the Fenders and Flares in action. Thanks for all your help on my build.
Unread 06-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #25
DTS
Vendor

Thanks to all of our customers who keep sending us photos!

Thanks to Dan Kerr for sending in this nice shot of his TJ with the DeFender XC's and Crusher Corners with DeFender Flares:

And here's another one of Ron McDaniel's rig (thanks CommishLSU):

Unread 06-25-2013, 11:15 AM   #26
DTS
Vendor

Couple new DeFender XC shots from Big Bear Forest Fest:

On Cream Puff:

This shot of Cream Puff also shows the new XC version of the DeFender Full Length Side Plates, available soon:

A couple new shots of Daddy Longlegs from the Dishpan Springs trail:

Unread 08-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
DTS
Vendor

Now available in ALUMINUM! We've been getting a lot of inquiries about these lately and we're happy to report that the TJ DeFender XC (highline) with 3" Taper Flare is now available in light weight aluminum--same 3/16" plate construction as the steel versions, but at less than half the weight. Check them out on our website or contact any Poison Spyder dealer.

Unread 08-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #28
Steve98
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Why does that one pic look like daddy long legs is wearing an arched fender?
Unread 08-28-2013, 12:01 PM   #29
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve98 View Post
Why does that one pic look like daddy long legs is wearing an arched fender?
Because of the angle of the shot and the taper of the fender.
Unread 02-01-2014, 04:55 PM   #30
Matt Graham
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Well after a LONG time waiting, I finally got to order a set of DeFender XC's, Spyder inserts, & inner fender kit. Can't wait to get them installed!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.