Poison Spyder Dana 44 Bombshells Are BACK!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Poison Spyder Dana 44 Bombshells Are BACK!!

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 06-06-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
DTS
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

Poison Spyder Dana 44 Bombshells Are BACK!!

More specifically, NEW and IMPROVED Dana 44 Bombshells are back! They're thicker, stronger, better looking. Check out the website page for all the info on them. These can be bought directly from us or from any of our Authorized Poison Spyder dealers (you might actually beat some of them to this info LOL)

Its been a long process, so we've held back on talking much about them until they were actually here, on the shelf and ready to ship. And that is indeed the case! The only delay is for powder coat, so if you want yours coated allow an extra week as we JUST got these in and are sending a batch over to coating as we speak. WOOHOO!!! Bombshells are BACK!!

Here are a few photos of them bare. We'll be getting some coated and mounted up soon, so we'll have some installed photos to post up shortly. Thanks everyone for your patience with these!

IMPORTANT FITMENT INFORMATION FOR OWNERS OF JK RUBICONS WITH STOCK TRACK BARS:

We have been hearing from several owners of stock JK Rubicons that their stock front track bar is contacting the Dana 44 Bombshell at full suspension compression. The stock track bar has a tight U-shaped bend in it, which just clears the stock diff cover at full suspension compression. We designed the Bombshell using Chrysler's 3D CAD models of the JK, and it was a close fit there but everything looked like it was going to clear. The weird thing is it seems to just miss the track bar on some stock JK's, but hits on some. We've learned over the years that often there can be variances in some dimensions from Jeep to Jeep, and that may be the case here. At any rate, the bottom line is that we can NOT recommend the Dana 44 Bombshell for the front of JK Rubicons with the stock track bar.

Most aftermarket suspension systems for the JK include a replacement track bar that does not have that funky U-bend, and therefore do not have this potential problem. Note that the problem is not remedied specifically by a certain amount of lift. A "Budget Boost" or leveling kit won't alleviate it, since the stock track bar is still there and the upper travel limit has not changed. A bumpstop spacer might help but we have not tried that in the shop. So for now our recommendation is to only install it on JK Rubicons with an aftermarket suspension system with an aftermarket track bar.

We haven't heard any feedback on this issue yet here on this board, however if you have experienced it and would like to speak with our sales department about a return/refund or some other remedy, please give us a call at 951-849-5911. Likewise, if you have already purchased the D44 Bombshell but have not installed it yet, and wish to return it due to this new information, please give us a call and we will make those arrangements. We apologize for any frustration this may have caused for any of you who have already installed this item and experienced this issue.

DTS is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Awesome looking covers. If I wasn't planning on installing OX lockers I'd be picking up a set. Would be nice if they had a drain plug, but still another great product.
Jasons4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 12:00 AM   #3
Camilo98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I like them, funny I was just looking yesterday for a cover on the 44 and went to your website first. I was disappointed when I only saw a D30 and other over on there.
Camilo98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #4
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilo98 View Post
I like them, funny I was just looking yesterday for a cover on the 44 and went to your website first. I was disappointed when I only saw a D30 and other over on there.
Yeah I'm sure we lost a few people by taking so long to get these revamped and back on the market. Sorry about that wait!
Unread 06-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #5
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

If I only I hadn't bought covers already.

Those things are saweet!
Unread 08-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #6
DTS
Vendor

Dana 30 Bombshells in the new design

Unread 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #7
TheRealKTrain
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Price on a Raw one to 77433?

Μολὼν λαβέ
TheRealKTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2012, 10:00 AM   #8
DTS
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealKTrain View Post
Price on a Raw one to 77433?
Assuming you're talking about the D44 version (D30's not out yet): $119 for the bare Bombshell, $19.50 shipping to a residential address in your zip code. Thanks!
Unread 09-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #9
DTS
Vendor

Unread 10-19-2012, 05:46 PM   #10
DTS
Vendor

Let's see more photos of those Bombshells with hand painted Spyders!

Unread 10-25-2012, 12:36 PM   #11
DTS
Vendor

Another pic from our gallery...

Unread 02-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #12
DTS
Vendor

Killer two-tone powder coat job on Shawn Thomsen's D44 Bombshell:

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #13
DTS
Vendor

Thanks to everyone who's sent in photos of their Bombshells! Some pretty cool paint jobs out there...

Unread 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #14
DTS
Vendor

Thanks to Anthony Tig for these photos of his custom painted D30 and D44 Bombshells...

Unread 04-29-2014, 01:15 PM   #15
DTS
Vendor

How about some more customer photos. Some of you guys are getting pretty creative on painting your Bombshells

This one's from Kelli Jennings Regis:

How about this one from Kenneth Bernhardt:

Here's one I spotted on a customer's rig who was visiting the shop:

This one's from Renee Holland Shewfelt:

Here's one from Allen Hughes:

Here's one we put on here at the shop. Even the single-color black powder coat looks nice!

Here's Kenton York's matching set of D30 and D44 Bombshells:

Joe Coffman went with green for the Spyder:

Takafumi Hori from Japan also went with green but added red inside the Spyder. Sweet!

These Japanese guys have a theme going...Kazutoshi Furuhashi also painted the inside of his silver Spyder red:

Let's see yours!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.