OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 05-25-2014, 08:47 AM   #31
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I find it hard to believe that a cop would be on the lookout for a vehicle without DOT etching. It's like being worried that the police will cite you for not wearing shatterproof glasses while riding a motor cycle. Safety first, yes and always, but I would not worry as much here.

And if it does happen by some small chance --- eh, it's only money.

Delawdude is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2014, 08:34 AM   #32
tjMtl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

good point. I'm leaning towards getting this. I have a nice rust free windshield frame sitting in my garage waiting for a windshield.
tjMtl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #33
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Have both sitting in the garage -- just need to find some time for the install, and take pics of course.
Unread 05-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #34
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just got mine today!
aparke4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-29-2014, 12:49 PM   #35
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Getting installed today!
image-3249562149.jpg

Unread 05-30-2014, 09:10 AM   #36
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Last day for the sale, windows are in stock ready to ship!
Optic-Armor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2014, 05:58 PM   #37
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Silly question - I am assuming I need to purchase a primer for the windshield frame (metal). I understand the windshield itself does not require it.

**Edit** Silly me - I should have started by reading the thread at the beginning again.

Going to install mine now
Unread 05-31-2014, 03:54 PM   #38
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I had a professional mobile glass company install the window with their gasket. It has some flex to the touch but driving is the same as glass. Now I just need to install the rear view and she is good to go!
Unread 06-09-2014, 10:40 PM   #39
tjMtl
2003 TJ Wrangler 

My windshield came in today. Now I have to get some time to clean up the spare frame i have and maybe get it rustproofed before I do anything with it.

Thanks for the quick shipping.
tjMtl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #40
MileHighBuckeye
Jeeps, Dogs and Beer.

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
I placed my order last week without knowledge of this discount, or thread. Just contacted Arron and asked for the discount to be refunded to me. He responded quickly with the good news of the discount being refunded to me.

That is customer service people.
x2 on Aaron's customer service. He was great with me on the phone today. Got an order placed for my JK. Can't wait to get it in. Rocks out here in Colorado are BRUTAL on windshields.

Aaron, can your product be installed with any windshield epoxy? I found a glass shop here in town that our local 4x4 shop uses, but they'll only install the product for me if they can use their own adhesive on the frit.
Savegres w/ 315/70R17 Duratracs and 4.88s

'13 WK2 Overland
MileHighBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2014, 05:46 PM   #41
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I used about 3/4 of a big tube of RTV in a caulking gun.
Unread 06-11-2014, 07:24 AM   #42
Optic-Armor
Vendor

Other people have had great success using other window adhesives, I know ours works very well because we had it tested to make sure. Just FYI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighBuckeye View Post
x2 on Aaron's customer service. He was great with me on the phone today. Got an order placed for my JK. Can't wait to get it in. Rocks out here in Colorado are BRUTAL on windshields.

Aaron, can your product be installed with any windshield epoxy? I found a glass shop here in town that our local 4x4 shop uses, but they'll only install the product for me if they can use their own adhesive on the frit.
Optic-Armor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2014, 06:29 AM   #43
Delawdude
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Installed the window (twice, don't ask); overall looks great. I don't know how one tube would be enough though…I would definitely go with 2 if I had to do it again. Went through inspection with no issues (well, non concerning the windshield).

I notice the bugs clean off the OA windshield quite easily, even the ones that were splattered/baked on in the sun all day. Overall pleased with the purchase; still waiting for that first rock to tag the windshield at 60 MPH and see what happens.

On a side note --- what in the world do you use to secure a rear view mirror to its spot? I tried an install kit and the little metal button felt like it grabbed, I waited for it to dry and went to install the mirror and it just came right off removing a little of the baked primer????

Loctite Super glue was going to be next, but wanted to inquire before I proceeded.

Thanks
Unread 06-15-2014, 11:55 AM   #44
aparke4
Web Wheeler

2001 TJ Wrangler 

I'm in the same boat for rear view mirror too.
Unread 06-15-2014, 05:04 PM   #45
Project1
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Are you guys doing anything for the xj?

also I am making some custom half doors and top (where the old window frame use to be) will be roll cage. If I sent you a templet cut from cardboard could you make me a custome window?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.