Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread

107K views 418 replies 78 participants last post by  magnetman 
#1 ·
Official CHASSIS SAVER™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating Thread

Got Rust?

#227 ·
I'm so excited. I'm going to SPRAY some chqassis saver this weekend. got the plates on the uniframe almost done, should be done tonight, which leaves way for grinding of the areas unpainted under the front half, and spraying!!!!!

I'm excited. So excited. Going to buy some new guns just for this today. Plan is to get to spraying everything i can thats unpainted on the underside, and then start work on cleaning up the front dif, so i can get this puppy rolling again, and go under it and reallly get that second coat, and spray in the hard to reach areas.

gotta love harbor frieght for having cheap paint guns, and Eric being AMAZING, to make this all possible while I'm out of work.

#231 ·
I'm so excited. I'm going to SPRAY some chqassis saver this weekend. got the plates on the uniframe almost done, should be done tonight, which leaves way for grinding of the areas unpainted under the front half, and spraying!!!!!

I'm excited. So excited. Going to buy some new guns just for this today. Plan is to get to spraying everything i can thats unpainted on the underside, and then start work on cleaning up the front dif, so i can get this puppy rolling again, and go under it and reallly get that second coat, and spray in the hard to reach areas.

gotta love harbor frieght for having cheap paint guns, and Eric being AMAZING, to make this all possible while I'm out of work.
Glad to help but I think you're more happy because summer's passing and you want snow. I'm with you on that. Getting to hate the heat more each year.

#228 ·
Alright, I got a used Warn winch plate. It was pretty rusty so I spent half the day chipping off all the loose rust and anywhere the paint could come especially around areas of rust to make sure it didnt spread underneath the areas the were still painted. If I coat this in CHASSIS SAVER will I need to remove the rest of the paint? should I only coat the rusty areas and try to avoid the paint, or is it safe to scuff up the paint and chassis saver right over the whole thing?

#230 ·
willystruck is right, just paint it all. Technically, Chassis Saver is only as strong as it's bond to the surface beneath but if the remaining existing paint is sound you should be fine just to coat. If there was some rust starting under existing paint it could bleed through in small spots in the future but you can touch it up then.

Only other way here would be to blast it all clean before CS

#229 ·
I just did the same to a pair of M416 trailers, frames, fenders, etc. Removed all the loose stuff then scuffed if you will with the grinder and flapper or black fiberous pad thing. Had bare metal in places, rust in places and paint in places. Coated over everything with Chassis Saver and it seemed to work great. Did two solid coats over everything and it looked GREAT when done. Much better than expected. I figured if it didn't come off with the grinder easily or without too much trouble, then it wasn't worth messing with and the chassis saver would take care of the rest. Once coated with Monsta over that, can't even tell-looks great overall.

Best of Luck,

Mike

#237 ·
1 of two I would suggest.

Rustoleum Oil Based Black in the sheen of your choice or
Rustoleum hammered spraycan

#240 ·
Alright, here's where I started on the winch plate... stuff is nasty, shortly after this picture was taken I took out the grinding wheel and flap wheel and had at it and right now everywhere the paint was loose bubbling or within 1/4 in of rust has been taken down to bare metal will post more pics after its chassis savered tmw or friday

#251 ·
Did my rear bumper up in chassis saver today. It was on the Jeep for about 4 months with no paint on it. Had a nice coat of surface rust over the entire thing. Coated it in chassis saver and about $.89 worth of spray paint, and it looks awesome.

#255 · (Edited)
It's very quiet here.. Must be the calm before the storm

Hurricane Irene Chassis Saver Blowout
Starts NOWWWW!!!

Buy 1 Quart of CHASSIS SAVER™ Rust Preventive Paint - GET 1 QUART FREE
Standard shipping rates apply - Limit 4 Quarts per order (This means you can Buy 2 and Get 2 Free)
Offer applies to quarts only, mix and match colors/finishes (Sorry no gallons available on this sale)

Use Coupon Code
BLOWMEIRENE

IMPORTANT NOTE: For the coupon code to work, you must have 2 Quarts or 4 Quarts of
Chassis Saver in your cart before applying the code.
The total $$ in your cart should say either $75 or $150 before the code knocks it down to 1/2 the price

Blowout ends Monday night at midnight unless Irene swallows New York :rofl:

Online purchases only (NO phone orders)
http://www.shop.monstaliner.com/Chassis-Saver-Rust-Preventive-Paint_c4.htm

#260 · (Edited)
Hurricane Irene Chassis Saver Blowout Continues
See Pics Below from 2 hours ago - We're directly in the path of storm center!

Buy 1 Quart of CHASSIS SAVER™ Rust Preventive Paint - GET 1 QUART FREE
Standard shipping rates apply - Limit 4 Quarts per order (This means you can Buy 2 and Get 2 Free)
Offer applies to quarts only, mix and match colors/finishes (Sorry no gallons available on this sale)

Use Coupon Code
BLOWMEIRENE

IMPORTANT NOTE: For the coupon code to work, you must have 2 Quarts or 4 Quarts of
Chassis Saver in your cart before applying the code.
The total $$ in your cart should say either $75 or $150 before the code knocks it down to 1/2 the price

Blowout ends Monday night at midnight unless Irene swallows New York :rofl:

Online purchases only (NO phone orders)
http://www.shop.monstaliner.com/Chassis-Saver-Rust-Preventive-Paint_c4.htm

Waiting on Irene now

Attachments

#263 ·
Today was one weird *** day. This gave me chills holding a piece of the WTC

A bunch of local fire houses who lost men on 911 were each given some steel from the WTC to build small memorials at each station. This morning I got a call that they were looking for something to coat the rusted I beam to prevent the rust from running down and discoloring the stone work being done at ground level. We're testing some Chassis Saver in clear on a scrap piece to see if they like it. I want a piece to keep :salute:

Attachments

#264 ·
That is amazing. Best of luck with this new project. It would be awesome if the clear works out.

#265 ·
Good luck with the project, that's awesome! Count me in for another promo if you decide to have one, I have another project I'll be starting so I'll need more and might as well grab it while on sale. Also I know it's been mentioned but it would be pretty sweet and a big seller if you could come up with a product like the Eastwoods internal frame coating system. I've had nothing but success with chassis saver on my Jeep parts and would love to easily spray inside me frame with it. I currently have some of Eastwoods product on my shelf waiting to be used, but just figured I'd throw that out there again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.