Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!

Unread 03-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #61
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Chassis Saver Price Increase Today

Chassis Saver prices go up 9% today. I will not have the online prices changed over until midnight on Monstaliner.com

If anyone is on the verge of ordering and you want to save a few bucks order today.

New Prices
Quarts $37.50 (old $34.75)
Gallons $104.75 (old $97.50)

No changes to Monstaliner pricing

Regards to all
MagnetMan

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 12:27 PM   #62
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Added expenses needed for CS or a need to have an sustainable profit margin on the stuff?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #63
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Added expenses needed for CS or a need to have an sustainable profit margin on the stuff?
Watch what happens with everything you buy as oil/gas goes up.

I get a new increase letter every week on some of the same commodity raw materials.
Unread 03-01-2011, 01:37 PM   #64
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricsGreen98Tj View Post
Hey I'm gonna be putting a decent used frame under my 98 Tj and since i live in WV, I want to make this theLASTtime i have to put a frame under my baby How do you go about coating the inside of the frame with CS?

Also while i have the body tore apart for the frame swap im gonna paint the bottom and inside of the tub with CS. So with the inside and outside of the frame, the bottom of the tub and the inside of the tub about how much CS do you think i will need?

Do i need to paint/spray anything over the CS i'm gonna put on/in the frame? will it chip off? is it UV stable?

Lastly(bear with me)I want to Monstaline the inside of the tub only. How much of the Monsta am i going to need?

Thanks for ANY info, advise or tips to this rust preventing/stopping process i want to to my Tj
Did you find your answers to these questions?
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:11 PM   #65
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

^^^KInda. I'm still looking on how to clean and apply CS to the inside of the frame though...

Is it better to paint or spray CS on? Any pros or cons of each method?

I'm thinkin that a gallon of each will do me....does the Monsta come in colors or just black?
Unread 03-01-2011, 04:19 PM   #66
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

How much CS will it take to do the inside/outside of the frame (2 or 3 coats) and the bottom and inside of the tub? I'll probably do 2 or 3 coats on the bottom of the tub too, but only one coat inside the tub cause im gonna Monstaline that real good.

I'll order the Monsta kit and it comes with a quart of the CS right? IDK if I will need a whole gallon of CS since I'll have the quart from the kit...your advice/opinion?
Unread 03-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #67
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
How much CS will it take to do the inside/outside of the frame (2 or 3 coats) and the bottom and inside of the tub? I'll probably do 2 or 3 coats on the bottom of the tub too, but only one coat inside the tub cause im gonna Monstaline that real good.

I'll order the Monsta kit and it comes with a quart of the CS right? IDK if I will need a whole gallon of CS since I'll have the quart from the kit...your advice/opinion?
Quote:
^^^KInda. I'm still looking on how to clean and apply CS to the inside of the frame though...

Is it better to paint or spray CS on? Any pros or cons of each method?

I'm thinkin that a gallon of each will do me....does the Monsta come in colors or just black?
For spray, CS needs to be reduced 10 - 15% with S8 Reducer. Brushing can be done without reducer. Personally, I reduce 5% or little higher to brush just because it flows out better.

Inside the frame is a tough task. You can fashion a sponge type applicator with a piece of foam attached to wire coat hanger. Need to get creative if you are intent on doing it. Need to experiment. Diff size foam blocks. Slit the foam and Gorilla glue the wire in the middle. Maybe kitchen sponges will work just don't wet with water before use. Soften sponge with S8 reducer?

Cleaning inside the frame??? A string of large nuts on a chain or wire. Feed the chain is one area and out another and pull back and forth from both ends with 2 people? Brainstorm!

Whole frame inside/out + tub top and bottom, 2 - 3 coats everywhere is at least 1 gallon. Figure 350 sq ft per gallon. Tub top and bottom is 120 sq ft total. 2 coats there is 240 (2/3 gal)

1 Gal + 1 quart for all I would say.
Unread 03-02-2011, 04:48 PM   #68
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks man
Unread 03-17-2011, 10:57 PM   #69
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner TV Commercial Starts This Sunday 3/20 - Enter Contest To Win

Anyone not following our main Monstaliner thread, we're running a guessing contest to win a free 1 Gallon Monstaliner Kit

Check the first post in this thread for details
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/g...unday-1183042/
Unread 03-18-2011, 09:24 AM   #70
The_Blacksmith
1993 XJ Cherokee 

did this yesterday on my brand new floors that I fabbed and put in.

Used less than 3/4 of a can for a thick coat on the entire top side of my floor in an xj.
Stuff is amazing. pics in my sig link. (of when it was still wet, freshly painted)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/building-recovery-bumpers-pics-1184330/
The_Blacksmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:15 AM   #71
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Can CS be used as a primer for paint? And from what i read the silver is the best for a primer for monstaliner? Would the be a good choice for paint also?

Thanks! - Jarod

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #72
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Silver has aluminum powder in it so it fills the pits in the metal really well. CS makes a great primer because it seals the metal. It isn't UV stable like Monstaliner is so topcoating with paint is recommended on any application that will be subjected to light.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #73
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Silver has aluminum powder in it so it fills the pits in the metal really well. CS makes a great primer because it seals the metal. It isn't UV stable like Monstaliner is so topcoating with paint is recommended on any application that will be subjected to light.
So would i be able to brush on the body and sand smooth? I am painting w/ gillespie flat tan... i do not have the tools to spray. It doesn't have to be perfect just want to protect from rust.

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:25 PM   #74
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

What is this sanding you are talking of

The paint flows so it should be pretty smooth when brushing it on. The gloss black is a little smoother, but both are very smooth. They have sample tiles (not sure if they send them out to customers or just retailers) that have been brushed and are very smooth.
Unread 03-18-2011, 02:45 PM   #75
Mark-96-XJ
1999 XJ Cherokee 

can you just monsta liner the underbody of a cherokee theres no way to sand it/i dont want to as theres factory bedline on there but itsthinning. how much for 1 gallon of black monsta? may be converting from herc to monsta since it seems flatter

[CENTER][COLOR="Green"]1996 XJ 5 Speed, 100% Herculined, Rough country 4.5, BFG A/T 33's[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][COLOR="DarkRed"]2012 Honda Ruckus, Stock for now, 114 MPG, Daily Rider[/COLOR][/CENTER]

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/marks-highschool-build-slow-1068542/"][COLOR="Red"]96' Build[/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
Mark-96-XJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.