Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 01-27-2011, 03:31 AM   #46
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

or maybe you mean the black Chassis Saver I painted the tank with? Sandblasted first.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:33 AM   #47
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Or maybe you mean the black Chassis Saver on the block? Sandblasted with manifolds removed and a custom cover plate for the ports, taped off distributor and valve cover. Sprayed.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Unread 01-27-2011, 03:36 AM   #48
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Or how about the Chassis Saver in both silver and black, with Monsta over the black only, that I sprayed the firewall with?

Unread 01-27-2011, 03:43 AM   #49
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

or is it possible you mean using Black Chassis Saver as exterior primer, over which I'll use Evercoat Rage to get the body smooth, then a 2K primer/surfacer, then base/clear urethane Chestnut Brown Metallic?

PS... is cured Chassis Saver a suitable base for virtually anything, as a 2k epoxy primer would be? I'd hate to take it off... but the paint job's gonna cost too much to have it fail if CS isn't a suitable base for literally any of the newer fillers, primers, and paints.

Point: These pictures are NOT good enough to see the blemishes. While CS is thick, it will NOT fill deeper stuff, though it does seem to be conducive to block sanding with 120.

Unread 01-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #50
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody sure seems to have raided the Monstaliner/Chassis Saver bins Looks awesome. That thing should never have rust again.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #51
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
Monstaliner on the bottom, two coats over two coats silver Chassis Saver.
I brushed and rolled the Monstaliner. Didn't want to try to spray it as cold as my work area was.

Excellent! Thank you so much!
Looks great
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 04:34 PM   #52
rlfa83
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Order Placed!
Thanks Again Cant wait to use the CS!
By the way - how long do you think it will take, shipping wise, to get to Ohio?
rlfa83 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2011, 07:44 PM   #53
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Somebody sure seems to have raided the Monstaliner/Chassis Saver bins Looks awesome. That thing should never have rust again.
That's the plan. Dad's last Jeep rusted badly over its 30 year life in the US Virgin Islands. This one is being built specifically to survive tropical weather, which means FAR more UV and salt spray than anything here in the states, short of a salt truck.

Besides... I want the CJ back when Dad gets done with it in 30 or 40 years.

Unread 01-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #54
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlfa83 View Post
Order Placed!
Thanks Again Cant wait to use the CS!
By the way - how long do you think it will take, shipping wise, to get to Ohio?
Thanks for your business!

If we ship tomorrow you may have it Monday or Tues. If we don't ship till Mon it will likely be Wed next week. Can't guarantee shipping tomorrow. UPS is all backed up from storm delay
Unread 01-27-2011, 09:59 PM   #55
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
That's the plan. Dad's last Jeep rusted badly over its 30 year life in the US Virgin Islands. This one is being built specifically to survive tropical weather, which means FAR more UV and salt spray than anything here in the states, short of a salt truck.

Besides... I want the CJ back when Dad gets done with it in 30 or 40 years.
You should visit the town that I went to school in when the snow flies. It snows salt there. Far worse than a beach cruiser (I have seen many beach cruisers spending time at my Grandfather's in Daytona. It is the only beach you can drive on every single day. They hold nothing to some of the rust rigs I have seen here at school and at home).

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks for your business!

If we ship tomorrow you may have it Monday or Tues. If we don't ship till Mon it will likely be Wed next week. Can't guarantee shipping tomorrow. UPS is all backed up from storm delay
What is it like by you. We aren't really getting anything here, but I heard they were getting ~6" at home. You must be around there too then.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:05 PM   #56
MGoBlue
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Interested in CS for a Tundra and a Jeep. My question is this: If I buy a gallon and start the Jeep, then get the craps of being under the vehicle after one's done, will the CS stay good on the gallon jug for a while? Is there anything that can be done to extend the shelf life after the can has been open?

Also, is eBay your best deal?
Unread 01-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #57
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post
Interested in CS for a Tundra and a Jeep. My question is this: If I buy a gallon and start the Jeep, then get the craps of being under the vehicle after one's done, will the CS stay good on the gallon jug for a while? Is there anything that can be done to extend the shelf life after the can has been open?

We bought a quart of the stuff last summer. We cracked it open, used some of it and put the lid back on. For the last oh, 7 months or so it was sitting outside. We cracked the can open, still liquid and fine. We actually used it to paint some wheels.

We THEN poured that into a glass mason jar and stored that in our laundry room. Went to pour it out 2 months later. Nothing came out!! We poked at it because we thought it was all solid. Punched a hole through the top "crust" and it still poured liquid on the bottom.
That little "crust" layer it had was TOUGH man. Took a screw driver and hammer to punch through it LOL
Unread 01-30-2011, 09:02 PM   #58
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGoBlue View Post

See the Chassis Saver tech bulletin here:
http://www.magnetpaints.com/MSDS-TECH/TDS_UCP99.pdf

It discusses pouring a small amount of reducer on top of the remaining liquid in the can before you reclose it to put up for future use. The method works.

You just need to be clean about opening and resealing the can. Clean the lip out before resealing.
Lay plastic wrap over the open can before slamming the lid back on. It's all in the bulletin. Let me know if you have further questions.

Ebay is the best deal with free shipping. Because we are the manufacturer I can't sell it for less other than promos when we give it free with Monstaliner purchases.
Unread 02-27-2011, 07:57 PM   #59
EricsGreen98Tj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey I'm gonna be putting a decent used frame under my 98 Tj and since i live in WV, I want to make this theLASTtime i have to put a frame under my baby How do you go about coating the inside of the frame with CS?

Also while i have the body tore apart for the frame swap im gonna paint the bottom and inside of the tub with CS. So with the inside and outside of the frame, the bottom of the tub and the inside of the tub about how much CS do you think i will need?

Do i need to paint/spray anything over the CS i'm gonna put on/in the frame? will it chip off? is it UV stable?

Lastly(bear with me)I want to Monstaline the inside of the tub only. How much of the Monsta am i going to need?

Thanks for ANY info, advise or tips to this rust preventing/stopping process i want to to my Tj
Unread 02-27-2011, 08:08 PM   #60
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My advice, read all of the instruction. For the liner: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/
You only need 1 gallon of liner to do the inside of the tub. There was someone who did the entire underneath of the tub with chassis saver so MagnetMan or him should be able to tell you how much you need for that.

Tags
Frame rust , frame rust paint how , monstaliner , POR 15 , por15 , rust prevention , rust proofing , rust repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.