Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 11-27-2011, 12:31 PM   #286
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

For anyone not familiar with this product, CHASSIS SAVERô is a direct replacement for POR-15 at up to 45% lower cost.
We have been manufacturing CHASSIS SAVERô for almost 20 years and it has been proven under the harshest conditions.
In addition to the auto restoration market, more than 500 townships, public works departments and DOT fleet maintenance
facilities use CHASSIS SAVERô for protection of snow and ice removal equipment, highway, off road and general vehicle maintenance.

Colors/Finishes available are as follows:

UCP99 Gloss Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an
automotive grade synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel.

UCP934 Silver-Aluminum - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoating is not needed unless change of color is desired.

UCP98 Floor & Machine Gray - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Topcoat if desired to retain glossy finish or to change color using any industrial grade oil base enamel or an automotive grade
synthetic, acrylic or urethane enamel. Makes an outstanding, chemical and abrasion resistant coating for shop and industrial floors.

UCP970 Antique-Satin Black - Use as a stand alone direct-to-rust finish for underbody restoration and general rust control.
Note: Use of gloss black is recommended if you know ahead of time you are going to topcoat.

Note: Chassis Saverô can be topcoated with itself or any other solvent base coating within 24 hours with no additional surface prep.
After 24 hours scuff sanding is required.

Please see Technical Data Bulletin link below for complete directions on surface preparation and application.
CHASSIS SAVERô Tech Bulletin
CHASSIS SAVERô Material Safety Data Sheet
------------------------------------------------------------------

Place Orders Online @ www.shop.monstaliner.com

Last edited by magnetman; 02-09-2012 at 07:10 PM..
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 12:02 PM   #287
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Thread

It's baaaack! Admin has come through in a big way! Thanks Austin!

Last edited by magnetman; 02-09-2012 at 02:35 PM..
Unread 02-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #288
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

Coooool..thanks....lot of info on here that was lost!

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 07:11 PM   #289
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Why, How, When did it disappear?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #290
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

When I first started this thread it was under my bigshot 2nd vendor account "chassissaver"

Then I did not renew the account after a while so the thread was deleted with the account but.... Admin here is very accommodating and they merged my deleted vendor account with MagnetMan act

Unread 02-09-2012, 07:28 PM   #291
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ah. Goccha. I thought it might have had something to do with the old CS account but I wasn't sure.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 07:56 PM   #292
k-bar
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Can you roll on CS, or does it have to be sprayed?
k-bar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM   #293
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-bar View Post
Can you roll on CS, or does it have to be sprayed?
I would not roll it

Reduce to spray or brush thin coats (with a bit of reducer). Make sure material is stored at room temp and you do not coat cold surfaces in the winter.
Unread 02-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #294
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

waiting for my ML kit in the mail. going to start prep in the mean time. For the CS that comes with it, what do I need to do prep wise for it? are there parts that I shouldn't put CS on for any reason?
JPetru82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:43 PM   #295
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
waiting for my ML kit in the mail. going to start prep in the mean time. For the CS that comes with it, what do I need to do prep wise for it? are there parts that I shouldn't put CS on for any reason?
Oh that was a blast

Never use CS on bare smooth metal. It's fine over scuffed auto paint.
Great on tight rust that has been wire brushed to remove loose material.

And most important as we never really learned tonight, store all coatings at room temp, don't paint cold metal and if you have a problem send a PM or come over here or the ML thread to ask questions.

Is there anything out of the ordinary with whatever you are coating?
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:53 PM   #296
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

out of the ordinary? I don't think so. Just wasn't sure about the need for sanding and what not before you put CS on
Unread 02-09-2012, 11:56 PM   #297
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPetru82 View Post
out of the ordinary? I don't think so. Just wasn't sure about the need for sanding and what not before you put CS on
Putting CS in the tub only or where else?

Is there any bare metal?
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:35 AM   #298
inovermyhead2
1983 CJ7 

Just ordered your monstaliner/chassis saver combo promo last night and I have a couple of questions. If I have bare metal sand throughs in my tub, how should those areas be treated? Epoxy primer? Spray can primer? 1 or 2k self etch primer? Also, how long is the window after application of the chassis saver to apply the monstaliner without having to scuff sand the chassis saver and apply directly? BTW, sorry about last night, I think you got a raw deal. I tried to go to bat for you but some people are just ignorant. Joe
inovermyhead2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 07:54 AM   #299
Jeepican
1976 CJ5 

can't you just scuff bare metal really good and apply the CS?

"Oh, you're just full of fun today, aren't you? Why don't we go up to the old people's home and wax the steps?"
-Barney Fife-
Jeepican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2012, 08:06 AM   #300
JPetru82

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

Putting CS in the tub only or where else?

Is there any bare metal?
I'm applying it just to the underside, unless there's extra left over and people think I should apply it else where.

Tags
Frame rust , frame rust paint how , monstaliner , POR 15 , por15 , rust prevention , rust proofing , rust repair

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.