JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Vendor Display (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/)
-   -   New Website for Poison Spyder! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/new-website-poison-spyder-1114450/)

DTS 10-12-2010 06:22 PM

New Website for Poison Spyder!

Hey guys please check out our new website when you get a chance, we invite your feedback too. There were a lot of reasons why we jumped into a site re-design, but your ability to find the information you were looking for as easily as possible was our biggest goal.

While you're on the site, we would appreciate any help you can give us filling out the Product Reviews for any Poison Spyder products you already own. These can be found below the product description on each product page. We'll be drawing a random number to send some swag to someone from of the first 100 product reviews.

Below is the text of the press release we sent out today:
OCTOBER 12, 2010 • BANNING, CA — Poison Spyder Customs recently performed a major overhaul of its entire website and e-commerce system. As one of the most popular Jeep and rockcrawling product websites on the Internet, PoisonSpyder.com is now positioned to better accommodate the company’s rapid growth.

“Our old site looked great but didn’t quite have the functionality and flexibility we need,” says Poison Spyder marketing manager Dusty Sharp. “We built the new site from the ground up with product information and the customer experience at its core. Everything else took shape around those two key factors.” The new PoisonSpyder.com has a robust e-commerce engine at its core, with all product information, images, customer interaction and navigation flowing through the e-commerce platform. “With our old system, we were maintaining information on two separate platforms—information pages and a separate shopping cart—neither of which had much flexibility, and there was no integration between the two other than what we were hard coding,” Sharp explains. The new website, however, allows the company to present products and product information in a much more streamlined fashion.

Some features of the new website include:
  • Easier navigation--find products by product category or by Jeep model
  • New, less cluttered site design
  • Faster, easier purchasing with a one-screen checkout
  • Online dealer (wholesale) ordering with built-in pricing levels and drop-ship capabilities
  • Better presentation of product information, photos, FAQ’s, etc.
  • Mobile version of the site with native iPhone and Android browsing
  • Better integration of order and shipping tracking
  • Improved customer interaction through product reviews, customer private comments and order commenting
  • Much improved Search Engine Optimization and social network (Facebook) integration
  • Improved security features for handling and storing customer and order information
  • More streamlined back-end website and database management interface
  • Improved functionality for product options, coupon codes and promotions

“We’re excited about the new site,” says Larry McRae, owner of Poison Spyder Customs, “The first impressions from our beta testers were that it was much easier it is to use and find what you’re looking for. And that’s the number one goal of any business with regards to its online presence. The new site provides us with so much more flexibility in how we manage our product presentation and other business functions. We’re looking forward to using this tool to its fullest potential as we continue to grow our company and expand the Poison Spyder family of off-road enthusiasts.”

ABOUT POISON SPYDER CUSTOMS: Poison Spyder Customs has been at the forefront of off-road innovation since its inception. From its Banning, California facilities Poison Spyder Customs designs, manufactures and markets a growing line of off-road accessories and performance modifications for Jeep® vehicles. The majority of its sales are made through an extensive dealer network, and the company maintains a high visibility among off-road enthusiasts through heavy participation in off-road events, clubs and online enthusiast forums.

DTS 10-18-2010 04:07 PM

Thanks everyone for all of the product reviews coming in on our website! We're up to 60 already. At 100 we'll pull a random number to send some free Spyder swag to one of our product reviewers.

If you haven't done so yet and you own a Poison Spyder product, please check out our new website and fill out a Product Review for any Poison Spyder products you already own. We're already getting lots of positive feedback from customers on how helpful your product reviews are to them.

JChors 10-18-2010 05:05 PM

Dusty,

I'm very interested in your Rocker Knockers w/sliders Oct. special for my 'TJ. Can you PM me a price shipped to 93222. What's the turnaround time on those, and is local pick-up possible? BTW, new website looks great!

Cheers.

DTS 10-18-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JChors (Post 10302509)
Dusty,

I'm very interested in your Rocker Knockers w/sliders Oct. special for my 'TJ. Can you PM me a price shipped to 93222. What's the turnaround time on those, and is local pick-up possible? BTW, new website looks great!

Cheers.

The TJ Rocker Knockers with sliders can be shipped within 1 day of ordering. Local pickup is available at our shop in the hills above Banning, CA. I will have Brent PM you a ship quote. Thanks for the props on the site.

purplepig 10-18-2010 07:25 PM

The new site looks great! It makes me want even more Spyder gear.

JChors 10-19-2010 01:02 AM

Rocker Knockers w/sliders ordered. What a deal!:thumbsup:

DTS 10-19-2010 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JChors (Post 10304895)
Rocker Knockers w/sliders ordered. What a deal!:thumbsup:

Yes that special we're running on those right now is a great deal. Get them while you can! Ricochet Rockers too, they're about $100 off for most Jeep models during this month.

JChors 10-30-2010 01:14 AM

Picked up my Rocker Knockers yesterday. Wait, those are Ricochet Knockers! I didn't realize that 'til I was half way down "the hill" (Hwy 243) and had to pull over and look again. Yep. They gave me a set of Ricochet Knockers for the sale price on Rocker Knockers. Well worth the trip to the mountains above Banning! Thanks to Brent and the gang at Poison Spyder; Good people.

BTW: Beautiful welds!

PoisonSpyder 10-30-2010 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JChors (Post 10364560)
Picked up my Rocker Knockers yesterday. Wait, those are Ricochet Knockers! I didn't realize that 'til I was half way down "the hill" (Hwy 243) and had to pull over and look again. Yep. They gave me a set of Ricochet Knockers for the sale price on Rocker Knockers. Well worth the trip to the mountains above Banning! Thanks to Brent and the gang at Poison Spyder; Good people.

BTW: Beautiful welds!

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like 'em.:2thumbsup:

DTS 11-23-2010 02:36 PM

Hey guys we're up to 74 Product Reviews on the website! If you haven't done so yet, please take a few minutes if you can and write reviews for any of Poison Spyder products you own. Its easy, just find the product on the website and click on "Write a Reivew" near the bottom of the product page. When we get to 100 we'll choose a random number to send some goodies to one of the reviewers!

The time now is 11:09 PM.