LED Headlights are awesome - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 12:30 PM Thread Starter
RIPPMODS
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

LED Headlights are awesome

We have a sale on these fantastic lights - See vendors specials under our user name above our picture...

RIPPTECH

RIPP Superchargers
2005-2014 Wrangler
2011-2014 Grand Cherokee 3.6 5.7 6.4
www.rippmods.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 12:45 PM
2008fx4
2011 JK Wrangler 

those led lights suck balls - look cool but no real functionality. now if youre getting the jw speaker ones and offering a deal on those.......

thats a whole other ballgame.
post #3 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 01:10 PM
kik

Are these actually the older design that weren't independently tested by some forum members? Or, the updated version?
post #4 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 01:13 PM
ChicagoGuy
Team XBOX

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kik View Post
Are these actually the older design that weren't independently tested by some forum members? Or, the updated version?
The ones in the picture above are not the new version of the Truck-Lites or the JW Speaker lights.

- Bill (formerly VetteDriver)
post #5 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
RIPPMODS
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post
those led lights suck balls - look cool but no real functionality. now if youre getting the jw speaker ones and offering a deal on those.......

Really because 5 forums deep everyone who has them thinks their awesome - and we have them on our own JK and there is a night day.

RIPPTECH

RIPP Superchargers
2005-2014 Wrangler
www.rippmods.com
post #6 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 01:23 PM
kik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGuy View Post
The ones in the picture above are not the new version of the Truck-Lites or the JW Speaker lights.
Thanks, because I thought I read on a number of posts in other forums that the older version was not recommended. Even the newer version was still under debate.
post #7 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 01:51 PM
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Truck-Lites are a very durable product. Even pretty.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/h...otout-1166827/

Safety fast, Bill

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
post #8 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
RIPPMODS
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoGuy View Post
These are the newest units they have - straight from the source. New packaging and plug and play...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kik View Post
Thanks, because I thought I read on a number of posts in other forums that the older version was not recommended. Even the newer version was still under debate.
In our opinion the lighting is perfect - its crisp and clean with a sharp cut off - we took pics of the lighting (that had not been adjusted yet) to help demonstrate it -

We don't pedal nick-knacks, we manufacture performance parts - these meet and exceed our standards, those of you with higher standards (we can't help) but we'll try

RIPPTECH

RIPP Superchargers
2005-2014 Wrangler
www.rippmods.com
post #9 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 04:52 PM
ChicagoGuy
Team XBOX

2008 JK Wrangler 

In that case, my apology. I have a set of the new ones, and your reflectors don't look the same. May just be the angle you took the picture at.

- Bill (formerly VetteDriver)
post #10 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 05:09 PM
2008fx4
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPPMODS View Post
Really because 5 forums deep everyone who has them thinks their awesome - and we have them on our own JK and there is a night day.

RIPPTECH
Quote:
These things rock - this is by-far the best light conversion on the market for a JK - don't waste your time with HID or bulbs. If you can swing it get the DOT Legal LED Swap... IN STOCK 599.95

These are killer lights - JF Members use coupon coded FEM

RIPPTECH

thats funny because im on a few of those forums and i had these lights and they were horrible. to many dark spots/shadows in the field of vision with one hot spot in front of the jeep. even your pictures show this. how can you think this spread of light is so good with the big void right in the middle of the field of vision?? no matter how the lights are adjusted the pattern is the same.

so i guess that everyone that has them doesnt include me.

are you including a wiring harness with these lights since there will be issues with the canbus system? for those that dont mind the pulsing/flickering - what about the required pigtails for those who dont want a wiring harness and just want to run the lights off the stock wiring?
post #11 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 05:37 PM
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
These are the newest units they have - straight from the source. New packaging and plug and play...
They will flicker with the pigtail harness; a full bypass harness is needed for them to stay on steady.
Did you look at the link I added in my previous post? I did a full review.

Quote:
In our opinion the lighting is perfect - its crisp and clean with a sharp cut off - we took pics of the lighting (that had not been adjusted yet) to help demonstrate it -

We don't pedal nick-knacks, we manufacture performance parts - these meet and exceed our standards, those of you with higher standards (we can't help) but we'll try

RIPPTECH
They're good for what they are, given the inherent limitations of the technology and the way it's used.
Perfect?
I wouldn't say perfect, not for a daily driver anyhow. They have fairly poor photometry by any standard and beg for supplemental lighting to fill in the gaps.
They also operate at the ambient temperature of their environment and allow snow and ice to accumulate on them.
Their best function is as a VERY trustworthy and robust light ---- something that will survive the offroad environment, take impacts, and light the way home afterward.

It doesn't benefit anybody to try and sell them on features that the lights don't possess.

Safety fast, Bill

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
post #12 of 15 Old 02-24-2011, 06:49 PM
pator1971
2007 JK Wrangler 

I get JW Speaker into the Jeep world and Trucklite starts gettin pretty agressive. Cool
Read Hilldweller's thread on these good off road light crappy headlight. I will vouch for his findings for I have tried both the old and the new ones before the JW Speaker 8700s and there is no comparison.
post #13 of 15 Old 02-25-2011, 03:57 AM
242much
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008fx4 View Post

way to piss in his cheerios, lol.

"The stoke was palpable..."

good grief, just buy the Rubicon.
post #14 of 15 Old 02-25-2011, 06:01 AM Thread Starter
RIPPMODS
Vendor

2012 JK Wrangler 

WOW - Okay then...

We have 3 sets left... use code FEM on our site for savings....

These are worlds above stock head lights with any bulb... or stock head lights with HID's or the Delta's with the PIAA's or an HID...

So for a plug and play light that doubles the lighting we feel they were worth the investment...

RIPPSALES

RIPP Superchargers
2005-2014 Wrangler
www.rippmods.com
post #15 of 15 Old 02-25-2011, 06:07 PM
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
These are worlds above stock head lights with any bulb... or stock head lights with HID's or the Delta's with the PIAA's or an HID...

RIPPSALES
I agree ----- and they're legal. Something you can't say about many "kits" that are available from otherwise reputable vendors.

And it's no small thing to be that durable. They can take several bullets/trees/rocks and still light the way home. There isn't another light made that can do trail duty like these. Period.

Safety fast, Bill

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.