Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

JKS Flex Connect in Actions!

1K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  jksrep 
#1 ·
Hey Guys! I've gotten a lot of requests to see the Flex Connect in action, so I put together this video!

In it you'll see how the Crawl spring set from the Flex Connect Performance Spring Kit behave in the real world! Enjoy the video!

#2 ·
Hey guys and gals,

It has come to our attention that some of you have been running into issues with the length of your Flex Connects. If your previous sway bar links measured greater than 9 ¾” and you’re running into issues with droop, please contact JKS Tech Support at 517-278-1226, we have a solution for you!

If you are interested in a Flex Connect and have a suspension kit with extreme droop and your link ends measure greater than 9 ¾” just hang in there, a longer link is in the works!

When we rolled out the Flex Connect, we started with a length that would fit the largest amount of customer’s vehicles. At 9 ¾” the link is still a full 7” longer than stock! The reason for that length is that it is the shortest we could create the product and still have the shaft travel we wanted, hence the 2” lift minimum.

A 9 ¾” length fit every conventional 2-5” kit we tested, but we were obviously not able to test it on every application. No one had attempted a product like this before, and as we are now learning there are a few kits out there that are that are still considered low lift short arm kits that allow extreme droop. While we have tested the kit with some long arm kits and had no issues, we hadn’t anticipated what the Flex Connect would do with these more extreme short arm kits where the wheels not only travels down, but travels back during extreme droop, requiring even longer links than our math had predicted.

We pride ourselves in making products that work, and we want a product as exciting as the Flex Connect to be applicable to as wide of a range of Jeeps as possible, so stay tuned for more variants of the Flex Connect, including a “master pack” with everything included in one kit, a longer link kit (which we’ve discussed), a disconnect Flex Connect as well as a couple of possible longer travel link variants.

Our #1 concern is customer satisfaction and again, if you are one of the customers above who have purchased a Flex Connect and are running into issues due to the length of the link, get a hold of us ASAP and we will take care of you.

#5 ·
At 9 ¾" the link is still a full 7" longer than stock!
Is that a typo? How are you measuring? I can't imagine using a link that is seven inches longer than stock.

What I would really like to see is a lock out kit. That is, a way to completely lock the body to the ends creating a rigid link, much like factory. That would give you the factory stiffness for highway use. Then just remove the lock and you would have a nice soft sway bar for offroad. It seams to me that would serve a greater purpose than a disconnect.

#4 ·
They're in the works. Likely won't hit the YJ because the leaf sprung suspension would likely require a radically different spring rate, but you never know! We have a pretty sweet YJ sitting in R&D and I'm sure a Flex Connect will make it's way onto it at some point!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.