Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 98 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #1456
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
So it sounds like it wouldn't be the time/effort saver that it seems like it would be on the surface?
Not much of a time saver since you really don't have much overall footage.
Main concern here is not to be sloppy and not rushing.

I keep thinking about the 9" roller question and I really think it should be cut down. Most of the rolling you will do in a truck bed is on the bed deck itself with the ribs and most of that will be in the direction of the ribs. The long roller is going to be hard to handle because it will flex more than the shorter roller and much of the work will be done with the end of the roller itself when you'll have to turn it on a slight angle to get the low spots between ribs. Try it dry (no coating) and you'll see what I'm talking about. Try rolling across the ribs also with long roller and see how it feels.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 08:21 AM   #1457
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think I see what you're saying, there. Sounds like there's no substitute for doing it right and taking your time
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #1458
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Question. This weekend is supposed to be really nice and we're entertaining the possibility of lining the tub.
Here's the IF of it. Getting in some rock sliders Monday and we'll have to mount them to the body,into the tub that will have been lined, yet only 3 days cured.
Now if we drill THROUGH the Monstaliner, will it crack or anything? Will the bit have a helluva time going through it or since it's not all the way cured be softer?
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:38 PM   #1459
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Now, I could totally be wrong here, but I am going to take a stab, wait for MagnetMan to confirm this. I would say it should be OK if you drill from the inside of the tub out, and it should be soft, or at least semi soft.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #1460
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah. we'd have to drill out to inside. I was thinking that if I taped the inside where the hole would be, it might add some stability to it. I could always touch up with the leftovers.
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM   #1461
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Question. This weekend is supposed to be really nice and we're entertaining the possibility of lining the tub.
Here's the IF of it. Getting in some rock sliders Monday and we'll have to mount them to the body,into the tub that will have been lined, yet only 3 days cured.
Now if we drill THROUGH the Monstaliner, will it crack or anything? Will the bit have a helluva time going through it or since it's not all the way cured be softer?
If you drill through within 3 or 4 days it should be fine. It takes about 2 weeks really to develop full hardness.
Unread 05-14-2010, 03:42 PM   #1462
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yeah. we'd have to drill out to inside. I was thinking that if I taped the inside where the hole would be, it might add some stability to it. I could always touch up with the leftovers.
What diameter are the bolts?
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #1463
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I dunno. I'd guesstimate them to be about 5/8 or so Haven't got them yet LOL
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:22 PM   #1464
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

I'm using this stuff to basically two tone and seal up my Jeep after I trim the fenders. I have to sand the paint off the edges so the rest of the paint won't crack off. I know you don't apply the liner to bare metal. Is this the point where you apply the Chassis Saver to the bare metal then go over it with the liner?

Picture to what I'm talking about...

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:37 PM   #1465
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I dunno. I'd guesstimate them to be about 5/8 or so Haven't got them yet LOL
A suggestion:

Will it work to mark the full diameter of the holes on the outside and drill a smaller pilot hole dead center of only 1/8" first from the outside.
Then take your full size drill bit and hand turn it against the inside of the pilot hole to remove the liner around the hole.
Now come back from the outside with the large bit and drill through all the way.
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:40 PM   #1466
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
I'm using this stuff to basically two tone and seal up my Jeep after I trim the fenders. I have to sand the paint off the edges so the rest of the paint won't crack off. I know you don't apply the liner to bare metal. Is this the point where you apply the Chassis Saver to the bare metal then go over it with the liner?

Picture to what I'm talking about...

Yes this will work. Just do a final very coarse sanding of the bare metal (50 or 60 grit) to scratch the metal well.

What color Chassis Saver do you have?
Unread 05-14-2010, 04:59 PM   #1467
Bama_WJ
Web Wheeler

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Yes this will work. Just do a final very coarse sanding of the bare metal (50 or 60 grit) to scratch the metal well.

The jet black.

The Daily: 2011 Chevy Cruze Eco - Trifecta tuned and 37+ MPG

Wife's Jeep: 2006 WK Overland - OME HD Lift, 265/70/17 BFG AT's, 1.25" SpiderTrax wheel spacers, 3" Gibson Cat-Back

North Alabama Jeep
42RE Vent Mod - Seal your transmission!
YouTube. - My Video Channel
Facebook - Wheeling Pictures/Videos
The Jeep Wave. Bringing it back.
Bama_WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 05:28 AM   #1468
Gregg00SS
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post

Excellent timing as I was about the to ask the same question as far as applying to bare metal. Was hoping apply the liner this weekend, but after taking out the seats I've found a little cancer that I need to address before I apply anything.

One other question. I know the chassis saver is essentially made to cover the frame etc and needs no top coat or anything. I, like many others am having some minor surface rust issues with door hindges, window hindges, etc... I was thinking of pulling them off, wire wheeling the rusted area and then covering with black chassis saver and throwing them back on the jeep. Figured it would be a cheaper alternative than buying new hindges. See any problem with that?
Gregg00SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #1469
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg00SS View Post
Excellent timing as I was about the to ask the same question as far as applying to bare metal. Was hoping apply the liner this weekend, but after taking out the seats I've found a little cancer that I need to address before I apply anything.

One other question. I know the chassis saver is essentially made to cover the frame etc and needs no top coat or anything. I, like many others am having some minor surface rust issues with door hindges, window hindges, etc... I was thinking of pulling them off, wire wheeling the rusted area and then covering with black chassis saver and throwing them back on the jeep. Figured it would be a cheaper alternative than buying new hindges. See any problem with that?
When exposed to direct sunlight Chassis Saver will change appearance and lose it's gloss.
I don't recommend this use unless you plan to topcoat with a gloss enamel that will stay glossy.
Think of Chassis Saver as a primer unless used on the underside where it needs no topcoat because it will not see direct sunlight.
Unread 05-15-2010, 10:03 AM   #1470
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_WJ View Post
The jet black.
Also scuff sand the painted area that meets the bare metal and overlap the Chassis Saver across both surfaces. If waiting more than 24 hours to apply bed liner, scuff the Chassis Saver lightly to degloss before applying liner.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.