Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Introducing MONSTALINER� UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

2M views 14K replies 1K participants last post by  HandOverFist 
#1 ·
Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Hi All,

We are a new advertiser on jeepforum.com and I just want to introduce myself, our company and a very interesting new product.

My name is Eric and I have 25+ years experience in coatings manufacturing.
Our company Magnet Paints, is focused on industrial maintenance and commercial fleet refinish coatings,
epoxy and urethane concrete floor coatings and automotive restoration paints.

We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saver™ Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.

For the past 5 years, our lab has been developing and fine tuning a roll on bed liner product.
The product has evolved through 3 generations of testing, development and field trials and has just been
commercialized and is available for sale.

I have personally been involved with installations on more than 20 vehicles in the last 4 years in which
my feedback and experience alone was the determining factor that the product was complete and ready for release.

Monstaliner started as a pet project. One of our employees had used a widely popular DIY bed liner on his
personal truck and was not so pleased with the outcome. He came into work one day with a mission and
for almost a year, he kept badgering the chemists in our lab to develop a better product.

One day after getting tired of listening to this guy rant, we sat down and mapped out what a
new generation do-it-yourself bed liner would have to offer to be successful. A first, we just toyed with the
project but we knew that a much better product was possible compared to those already on the market.

So here we are, very proud to present:

MONSTALINER™ High Performance DIY Roll On Bed Liner

I don't want to write a book here so I will post the web site link for all who are curious to check this out on their own time.

As an introduction special and for the rest of this month at least,
we are offering free shipping on anything sold on the web site.

Just use Promo Code "FSBL-1" when ordering either online or by phone.

Everyone, anyone... please feel free to ask any questions. I am always available to help.

Best Regards
magnetman
Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

PS: We are looking for dealers in markets involving Jeep, Truck, 4x4 and Off-Roading.
If anyone with a legit business either online or offline has interest, just get in touch and we can
work with you to make something happen.

Additional links on our main web site
Magnet Paints Manufacturers High Performance Specialty Coatings
Paint Over Rust to Stop Rust Permanently With Chassis Saver Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

See less See more
#4,635 ·
TheDirtyGeneral said:
I hardly ever post on any other forum the JF lol. Its the best IMO.
That and pirate is scary. Wranglerforums is kinda boring. I just visit them every now and then.

#4,636 ·
i just hate the crappy search function on wrangler forum... as far as I see it in terms of intensity for jeeping its wrangler forum < Jeep Forum < Pirate 4x4< Some rednecks garage who builds jeeps from paperclips and animal droppings.

#4,638 ·
my plan is to scuff outside between tomorrow and thursday, roll first coat in the middle of the night thursday (high humidity during the day, not as hot at night) roll the second coat early in the morning friday this way when it rains in the afternoon on friday the high humidity will help it dry faster and I can start reassembling as soon as sunday/ monday

#4,639 ·
alright one question I never asked and just figured out to ask was When rolling monstaliner did you just stick the roller in the can or did you put some ML in the jeep and spread it out, or should I use some of my old flat paint thingy mabobers for rollers (you know the ones from home depot bright orange that hold the paint on one end and stick the roller in it and then roll off the excess then paint)

#4,645 ·
There are some spots n the ammo can where the lid rubs against the side of the can. It's already a tight fit there, but I think if I thin it some and use a foam brush I can make those spots work with ML. I also forgot that the CS isn't really UV permanent. So, right now I'm thinking I'll use CS to stop the rust and hold it over until od green is available by the quart or pint.

One thing I am also thinking is that since colors will soon be available in small quantities, if the white stains too badly, I can get a quart of either med or light qtz grey and just do the driver's and passenger's floorboard area. This would give more a couple more layers, keep the color lighter, and make the jeep look like it has floor mats. :) It would also give me an opportunity to adjust texture for comfort and add some more insulating layers to the floor.

The more I think about it, the more I will admit that I am pulling the trigger on the white. I just want to see the sample before I commit (I requested it last night), and I wanted to hear if anyone had had issues with staining. Also if anyone in the vicinity of VA wants to take my family bar and back seat and give me their sport bar, it would be cool to get that done before I line the tub.

Originally posted by The_Blacksmith
make it only come off the window like 6'' - 8'', and make it like the length of the window. i think that would be bad ***
At 6" that would make a kickin' graphic for the windshield. Honestly though, in green I'd find a place to sport that graphic, or I would make a spot.

#4,646 ·

Almost dunzo :highfive:

#4,647 ·
Just waiting on the color samples so I can decide which Orange i want to go with. think i'm about done with my roll cage, so once I pick my shade i'm gonna place the order, then go thru the fun of removing the cage for finished welding and paint. I want to time it so I can roll the Monsta in while I have the cage removed.

#4,651 ·
or for the back window of the gr8top I am going to order... dammit I'm going to order it. Lol, I was talking about it with some other jeep friends locally and its raining pretty bad right now and they were complaining their softtops are pooling... and that made me remember why i picked a hardtop in the first place

#4,654 ·
magnetman said:
Gonna have some prototypes cut from white? vinyl

stick em on MagnetWomans white JK windows and after I catch a beating I'll take a few photos for you guys to see and confirm sizes are cool
Sweet,
Btw did you get a reply yet?

#4,656 ·
as awesome as the stickers are going to be i would prefer a full monsta or even just a full logo with the monsta eating the "o". i will not be putting any decals on the exterior of my jeep so i can stay with a military look (as close as possible that is). i am however putting all the product stickers on the underside of my hood so i atleast have someplace to advertise the products present on my jeep. the monsta logo should be the largest one under there, i hope, after i get it all done. right now the metalcloak stickers are dominant under there.

#4,659 ·
Just a heads up (which you probably already knew), high humidity REALLY speeds up the set time on this stuff. I had to get it done before going back to school which meant August in New Orleans (80%+ humidity and hot). My first coat was dry to the touch and not sticky (with the exception of a few deep spots near the jack mount which were soft) about 20 minutes after being put down. I re-mixed, covered the can, and put it inside, then started the second coat about an hour after the first coat, and the top layer in the can had set slightly which meant picking out small chunks of already-set liner as I went. This was done in outdoor but covered carport.

This was obviously caused by ignoring Monstaliner's suggestions about humidity, just thought I'd share. It did come out well in the end though and has hardened very nicely, I like it a lot.

#4,661 ·
I was in the same boat as you but without the humidity. It was about 85 at 8 in the morning when I started mine, and about 45min to an hour later it was already dry ready for a top coat. I made the mistake of putting some MEK in the can for the second coat because I was affraid the can was going to become solid...so when applying the second coat I got a thinner texture than I wanted......all in all i'm happy i went with monstaliner....and would recommend it to anybody

#4,674 ·
My jeep looks like it just left a chop shop.

Now my Monsta should be here tmw afternoon so I took everything out and put it in storage. My gr8top should be here about a week from Friday, maybee a little longer so I cut the roll bars already (was surprised how easily my dremel cut through it) my winch plate is ready for chassis saver along with a few other spots on my jeep. I already started sanding so when it got here I could just go crazy. Still need to get a new 2 gal bucket my old one has paint all over it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.