Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 899 - JeepForum.com
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #13471 of 13486 Old 07-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Tjpeterson96

So if I have some plastics already painted in a plastic friendly paint like Krylon fusion or Rustoluem ultracover, I could just sand it and coat over it like a primer with no need for an "adhesion promoter" correct?

Last edited by Tjpeterson96; 07-01-2017 at 10:15 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #13472 of 13486 Old 07-02-2017, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by turpin222 View Post
How much will be needed to do the exterior only of a TJ?
1.5 - 2 gallons

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Manufacturers of CHASSIS SAVERô Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13473 of 13486 Old 07-02-2017, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjpeterson96 View Post
So if I have some plastics already painted in a plastic friendly paint like Krylon fusion or Rustoluem ultracover, I could just sand it and coat over it like a primer with no need for an "adhesion promoter" correct?
Adhesion promoter is mainly used direct to unpainted plastic like Jeep black flares. Any OEM painted plastic parts would not need adhesion promoter and can be treated the same as painted metal.
The items you mention are are rattle can paints and I don't really know without testing. Try putting some MEK, acetone or lacquer thinner on a white cotton rag and wipe the surface hard in a small spot. If you start to take off the paint I would rethink what you are asking.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13474 of 13486 Old 07-02-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

2 choices, Dark Burnt Orange ML or buy custom auto tints.
Have you compared a DBTO chip right next to your current paint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screach View Post
@magnetman

Hey Eric, I have recently decided to pull the trigger on monstalining both the tub and the exterior of my '98 TJ. I have always wanted to do a burnt orange scheme. Could you give me some suggestions as to how I would best reach the color in the photos below, while using Monstaliner? Thanks!

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13475 of 13486 Old 07-02-2017, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Happy 4th Of July!
New MONSTAMURICA T-Shirts are on sale now!
$17.76 with FREE Shipping or FREE with any $100+ order.
Place orders online at www.shop.monstaliner.com
Available sizes: SM-MED-LG-XL-2XL

FREE Shirt Coupon Code for $100+ Orders: MURICA1776
Attached Thumbnails
MONSTAMURICA-T-Shirt-Deal1.jpg   MONSTAMURICA-T-Shirt-2.jpg.jpg   MONSTAMURICA T-Shirt-1.jpg  
Kuntryboy816 likes this.

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13476 of 13486 Old 07-03-2017, 01:08 AM
Screach
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
2 choices, Dark Burnt Orange ML or buy custom auto tints.
Have you compared a DBTO chip right next to your current paint?
Sounds good, I have paint samples on order right now for you guys, my current paint is hunter green so the orange will be a completely new color.

New and here to learn.
post #13477 of 13486 Old 07-08-2017, 06:14 PM
Screach
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Garage
@magnetman

So I have decided to pull the trigger on monstalining the interior amd exterior of my TJ, do you think 3 gallons would get the job done?

New and here to learn.
post #13478 of 13486 Old 07-12-2017, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screach
@magnetman So I have decided to pull the trigger on monstalining the interior amd exterior of my TJ, do you think 3 gallons would get the job done?
Yes 1 for tub, 2 for exterior

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13479 of 13486 Old 07-15-2017, 06:34 PM
turpin222

Will 1 quart be enough to do my hard top? I am trying not to buy a whole extra gallon for $100+ when I'm already getting a couple gallons for the rest of my Jeep

Last edited by turpin222; 07-15-2017 at 07:20 PM.
post #13480 of 13486 Old 07-16-2017, 12:42 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Will 1 quart be enough to do my hard top? I am trying not to buy a whole extra gallon for $100+ when I'm already getting a couple gallons for the rest of my Jeep
No way. I measured 2 hard tops recently for total sq ft.
2 dr JK top was 43 sq ft which is 3 quarts
4 dr JK top was 53 sq ft which is pushing 1 full gal

ML coverage is 60 sq ft per gal in 2 coats / 15 sq ft per Qt in 2 coats

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13481 of 13486 Old 07-16-2017, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You may get a way with 2 qts on a 2 dr HT if you thin it some to stretch it

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13482 of 13486 Old 07-16-2017, 09:02 AM
turpin222

Alright. Thank you
post #13483 of 13486 Old 07-17-2017, 12:22 PM
AstroGuy

is there a compilation of readers rides that have been monsta lined? I would like to show some to the wife to convince her to do her jeep in monsta..but browsing 900 pages of forum is slow af
post #13484 of 13486 Old 07-17-2017, 01:17 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGuy View Post
is there a compilation of readers rides that have been monsta lined? I would like to show some to the wife to convince her to do her jeep in monsta..but browsing 900 pages of forum is slow af
3 places to look

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f59/m...riors-1376308/

https://www.instagram.com/monstaliner/

https://www.facebook.com/MONSTALINER

Connect with us on:

Watch How To Videos:

post #13485 of 13486 Old Yesterday, 08:04 PM
turpin222

Do I need to get primer if I am painting the medium quartz gray over the stock yellow that comes on a tj?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.