Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 89 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-06-2010, 07:21 PM   #1321
aerojeeptj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

haha nice, ya currently it's sitting outside, I'm gonna go push it back in and start, or maybe just do it outside then push it in

aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #1322
Rynoman27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

As long as its nice weather just do it outside. Ive used MEK a lot for powdercoating so maybe ive just grown used to it so it didnt bother me too much when i did it. But I swear i was high as a kite when doing the liner. Especially leaning into the tub trying to get some tight corners, woo wee.
Unread 05-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #1323
TxFireman1972
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Started mine this afternoon. I got everything pulled out and everything scuffed. It do a wipe down with the MEK in the morning, tape everything off and start laying down some bedliner!!! Cant Wait!!

TxFireman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:19 PM   #1324
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Still lookin for the spice color.

And magnet...is there a way to get the full MSDS sheet on this product?..i may be doing this at a shop with some good quality compressors and spray guns..but have to let them know the full MSDS on the product before they'll let me use the space,it's a paint shop put up for spraying nuclear power plant parts going into the 2 units being built where i'm currently working for Shaw/Stone & Webster,and they have strict codes of ANY chemical coming into the area be fully labeled with MSDS and safety precautions.

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:30 PM   #1325
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Monstaliner do-it-yourself roll-on truck bed liner

Actually... this is what you want: http://www.monstaliner.com/documents...liner_MSDS.pdf
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:35 PM   #1326
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

MagnetMan, I noticed this:

Quote:
Coverage ........................80 square feet per gallon @ 14 mils DFT
You told MattMan that it could cover 60 sqaure feet. Is that just due to thickness?
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #1327
Ironworker709

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Yea i found it after i posted,thanks Ducky

Dunno of they'll let me use it there since it has warnings of Isocyanates in it without doin a full positive air pressure respirator system..oh well..we'll se what Dr. Safety Man says monday..lol

Never forget 9/11

"Welding is like a woman,Get 'er HOT and Penetrate"

Gotta LOVE a person who knows everything about NOTHING

The only Thing necessary for the Evil to win is a good man to do nothing....

"How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young,compassionate with the aged,sympathetic with the striving,and tolerant with the weak and strong--because someday YOU will have been all of these"....George Washington Carver

Want to know what an Ironworker is and the job scope of a Journeyman?..click here...http://www.ironworkers.org/becoming/careers.aspx
Ironworker709 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #1328
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
MagnetMan, I noticed this:

You told MattMan that it could cover 60 sqaure feet. Is that just due to thickness?
Something don't sound correct. That may be a mistake. I need to check the formulas tomorrow.

Calculated coverage is based on the math of how much "volume solids" a coating has and how thick you "WANT" it to be applied. It's usually expressed as so many feet @ so many mils thick

Real world coverage is just how much area can be coated with a given volume of the liquid, in this case 1 gallon. After doing all the jobs I have under my belt I am just comfortable now to say that 60 sq ft is the right number for 2 coats to come out of 1 gallon of material.

I'll update this tomorrow.
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2010, 09:46 PM   #1329
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Sounds good. I noticed that lists 80 at 14MIL. I would assume we are usually getting more than 14MIL across the surface.
Unread 05-07-2010, 05:06 AM   #1330
Gregg00SS
1995 YJ Wrangler 

What time do yall start answering the phone there? Need to call and update my address so you can ship my stuff out.
Gregg00SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 08:36 AM   #1331
aerojeeptj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Update: my buddy (another forum member) and I almost pulled an all nighter. We finished the first coat around 4 am. To keep the heat in we kept the garage door shut so it wouldn't drop below 50. After a while we
were wondering if we were buzzed or not but we finished the first coat and it dried (just checked) and it looks AWESOME!!! butttttt we both reek of monstaliner and it's all we can smell right now lol

We also checked out the brakes and other stuff while we waited so this is what my Jeep currently looks
aerojeeptj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #1332
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh yeah... the garage will smell like the stuff for a while. I noticed the smell changes over time once the harshness of the catalyst goes away.

Oh... I forgot to ask MattMan. Are you going to do a writeup for the JKu?
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:33 AM   #1333
TxFireman1972
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Got the first coat done!!! Covered great.

84* with 62% humidity today. Waiting to do the second coat. Quick question...Do you do all the hard to reach areas with the brush on the second coat? Or just roll a second coat on the places where you can roll? Here's a pic of the finished first coat:

TxFireman1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #1334
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFireman1972 View Post
Got the first coat done!!! Covered great.

84* with 62% humidity today. Waiting to do the second coat. Quick question...Do you do all the hard to reach areas with the brush on the second coat? Or just roll a second coat on the places where you can roll? Here's a pic of the finished first coat:

If you've already brushed the hard areas you can do what you say and just roll all acessable areas on second coat unless you are ambitious and take the time to get those spots again. Your choice, you'll certainly have enough material
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 11:55 AM   #1335
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think he is asking do to the accessibility of hard areas when unable to get inside the Jeep. I didn't find any inaccessible areas becuase nothing in the tub is more than 2 or three feet from the outside.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.