Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 87 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

Unread 05-05-2010, 12:54 AM   #1291
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I am gonna start sanding mine when I get home from work this morning. I think I am going to have a problem with the drivers foot well though. It was full of mud, and took it down to the e-coat/primer, so I think I will sand it today, clean the foot well and apply chassis saver tomorrow, then line on Friday. Going out of town to a wedding on Saturday, so it will sit till Monday.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:01 AM   #1292
rudel

I have a clean 99 xj classic, Id like to do the whole thing...any pics of people that have done this?
rudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 03:49 AM   #1293
Gregg00SS
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Just placed my order for a 1 gallon kit to do my YJ. Live in an apt with no garage so was wondering when and where I would do this. Just found out today a co-worker is going on vacation for 2 weeks and I'm gonna watch his house for him, so might as well make use of his garage, lol. I'm planning on also coating my fender flares, any special prep work needed for the material to adhere to the plastic?
Gregg00SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 05:13 AM   #1294
Rynoman27
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would definitly be interested in a smaller container of this stuff. Been tossing around the idea of doing my fender flares, think it would look slick. So let me know when that comes around. Cant wait to get the sticker too.

Also, updated my build thread with the monsta pics. Still loving it and ive gotten so many compliments on it.
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:01 AM   #1295
sethallen2011
1994 XJ Cherokee 

This Stuff looks awesome! Cant wait to go get some!
sethallen2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 06:59 AM   #1296
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
You should have the touch up stuff. Pop open the can, peel back the top skin, add a little MEK, then dab it on. Underneath the skin there is still usable liner for a while as long as the can was kept closed.
That'd be nice if I hadn't already gotten rid of it. I tried to apply it to a small area I missed and it barely softened up to where I could apply it. If anybody around me gets the liner, I may see if I can use a few drops of it to touch it back up.
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 07:25 AM   #1297
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

I just measured the interior of my JK unlimited and it measures just around 11 feet long by 5 feet wide.

2 gallons?

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 10:23 AM   #1298
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

1 gal is 60 sq ft times two coats. 11x5 is 55 sq ft. 55 sq ft is less than 60 sq ft. 5 less in fact. So chances are you'll use the full gallon.
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #1299
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon View Post
1 gal is 60 sq ft times two coats. 11x5 is 55 sq ft. 55 sq ft is less than 60 sq ft. 5 less in fact. So chances are you'll use the full gallon.
thanks for doing the math for me.

I will probably bedline my full cage when I put it in too so I might as well just get 2 gallons.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:47 PM   #1300
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You will have quite a bit left over. Might as well do the cage and get 3 or 4 coats out of it. Who knows, you might find tons of uses for the extra stuff.

BTW, pretty cool new name Firekite.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2010, 12:50 PM   #1301
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks

It's not really new, though. It's what I've been using for over 10 years. The Firekite thing is just a fall-back when Deacon isn't available. Apparently it's available now, so I changed my name to that. Feels better now
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #1302
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks

It's not really new, though. It's what I've been using for over 10 years. The Firekite thing is just a fall-back when Deacon isn't available. Apparently it's available now, so I changed my name to that. Feels better now
Very nice. I used to have a 7 attached to my name. Somehow there is someone how is using both Luckrider and Luckrider7 like I do. I am still pretty pissed since I can't have Luckrider from gmail.

Anyway, back on topic. Who thinks I should do the Rubi Rock Rails when I line the Jeep? I am getting ready to take them off today (or at least the tube steps). I think they would be great with a couple coats of Monstaliner on them. They are thicker steel than I originally though.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #1303
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
You will have quite a bit left over. Might as well do the cage and get 3 or 4 coats out of it. Who knows, you might find tons of uses for the extra stuff.

BTW, pretty cool new name Firekite.
I am ok with having some left over.

I am sure I can find a lot more stuff to bedline

My Build Thread
JK Tech
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #1304
Deacon
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Somehow there is someone how is using both Luckrider and Luckrider7 like I do. I am still pretty pissed since I can't have Luckrider from gmail.
Heh, for reference my gmail address is this user name I was one of the first to have a couple of accounts. It's actually a pain because people, in general, are ****ing retarded, and instead of putting deacon13 or whatever, they just put deacon, which means I'm constantly getting emails, "Your OnStar vehicle report" and "Your CareerBuilder.com profile is nearly complete" and whatever else, not to mention all the emails from stupid clergy and such who think I'm a friend of theirs from their church. I constantly get sensitive information, passwords people enter when creating accounts (in confirmation emails), order and shipping details, etc. It's a little ridiculous. It's a revealing look at not just how many stupid people there are out there but also how many truly slip-shod and half-assed sites and online services there are out there, many of which are huge, household names, who have absolutely terrible security and privacy practices and sometimes non-existent ways to get such things addressed. I got pissed at one idiot job seeker who put her name down but with my email address and started replying to every offer suggesting they could find a better candidate than someone who couldn't even get their own email address right (except in a few more words and not quite as polite).

Quote:
Who thinks I should do the Rubi Rock Rails when I line the Jeep? I am getting ready to take them off today (or at least the tube steps). I think they would be great with a couple coats of Monstaliner on them. They are thicker steel than I originally though.
You're going to be replacing them anyway, right? Leave them alone, and you'll get better money out of them when you sell them off to help cover the cost of actual rocker guards.
Unread 05-05-2010, 01:34 PM   #1305
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Heh, for reference my gmail address is this user name I was one of the first to have a couple of accounts. It's actually a pain because people, in general, are ****ing retarded, and instead of putting deacon13 or whatever, they just put deacon, which means I'm constantly getting emails, "Thanks for signing up for OnStar!" and "Your CareerBuilder.com profile is nearly complete" and whatever else, not to mention all the emails from stupid clergy and such who think I'm a friend of theirs from their church. I constantly get sensitive information, passwords people enter when creating accounts (in confirmation emails), order and shipping details, etc. It's a little ridiculous.

You're going to be replacing them anyway, right? Leave them alone, and you'll get better money out of them when you sell them off to help cover the cost of actual rocker guards.
They probably will only get replaced for a savvy variant once the step is actually released. That also probably won't happen until I am out of college. I have a large wad of cash hiding out here at the house from Umpiring (I get $50-$60/game ), but that is being saved for spending money in College next year.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.