Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-01-2010, 11:18 PM   #1261
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Personally I'd go with the gallon.

I got my sample piece card. About a 2"x2" piece. Husband was PO'ed that I spent that much on "paint"

I told him to chip it then or scratch it.

He tried keys, a butter knife and a flat screwdriver....nada..

The only way we could get a minor scratch out of it was to clamp it down and gouge a box knife into it.
That cut it.. but barely.
That box knife, if any other material would have cut at LEAST 3/4 the way through the entire board, let alone a small layer of liner.
I can't wait to get this put down in my jeep and my husband is totally for it now.

Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 11:22 PM   #1262
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

My mom wondered the same thing till she saw me throw the rear seat in one day. It didn't scratch or anything, and the sharp metal edge of the bracket was what landed first. This winter when we needed the generator, the Jeep was the only thing that could make it down my uncle's driveway. The cleanup from the gas, oil, and mud was so easy that I was extremely happy about it.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 02:58 PM   #1263
WranglerRouser
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What's the status of spice?

Any news on this?
WranglerRouser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:08 PM   #1264
burlyq

Yes Eric,
Monstaliner is amazing, good stuff for sure. If I had to make a suggestion to even make it better, it would be to offer 1/2 gallons as an option. I'd gladly pay an extra twenty for two half gallons. People would end up with less waste that way. Chasis saver is good stuff too. Fixed this rust which was on my Brand new Jeep when I bought it.

Monsta in the bronco

burlyq is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 03:52 PM   #1265
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looks good in the bronco. What Jeep is that, a JK?
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:22 PM   #1266
burlyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Looks good in the bronco. What Jeep is that, a JK?
Yup, brand new 50 miles on it when i picked it up and it had that rust on it. This is my Jeep now wearing smitty rock sliders and a Arb bumper not shown.

Unread 05-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #1267
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by burlyq View Post
Yes Eric,
Monstaliner is amazing, good stuff for sure. If I had to make a suggestion to even make it better, it would be to offer 1/2 gallons as an option. I'd gladly pay an extra twenty for two half gallons. People would end up with less waste that way. Chasis saver is good stuff too. Fixed this rust which was on my Brand new Jeep when I bought it.
Quarts of Monstaliner are inevitable so that would address your request.
I'm just researching the best way to package the 4 ounces of catalyst required for 1 quart of coating.

I have a contract packaging company that can fill large 4 oz ketchup type foil packs which is the way I am leaning.

We can also use 4 ounce metal paint cans but scraping all the material over the lip will be very annoying.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:38 PM   #1268
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Yup, brand new 50 miles on it when i picked it up and it had that rust on it. This is my Jeep now wearing smitty rock sliders and a Arb bumper not shown.

This is funny, we just shipped 700 gallons of Chassis Saver to Taiwan for use on Chrysler vehicles that come off the boat from the USA with terrible rust problems on suspension components and other underbody areas.
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:40 PM   #1269
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ketchup Packets ftw. It wasn't all that fun pulling the catalyst out of the small can. A smaller can would make it worse. I can't wait till next week gets here. Classes are over (except for finals), and I can finally line the Jeep. It really needs it.

The new carpet is coming in on Friday, and that basically kills the whole weekend with umpiring. I forgot to put the windows in the Jeep last night, so I had rain in the rear foot wells today. The carpet stinks, and is now sitting outside (just that section). I noticed that the floor itself looks like the PO let it flood occasionally.
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:48 PM   #1270
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WranglerRouser View Post
Any news on this?
I know I said this before but we are almost there. It took 5 years to develop Monstaliner in black and it looks like it's going to take almost 5 months to convert the formula to tintable which puts us at the end of May.

I'll have a new status report at the end of the week and I'll post more info.
Unread 05-03-2010, 10:50 PM   #1271
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
Personally I'd go with the gallon.

I got my sample piece card. About a 2"x2" piece. Husband was PO'ed that I spent that much on "paint"

I told him to chip it then or scratch it.

He tried keys, a butter knife and a flat screwdriver....nada..

The only way we could get a minor scratch out of it was to clamp it down and gouge a box knife into it.
That cut it.. but barely.
That box knife, if any other material would have cut at LEAST 3/4 the way through the entire board, let alone a small layer of liner.
I can't wait to get this put down in my jeep and my husband is totally for it now.
Tinga, how is your project going?
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:45 PM   #1272
burlyq

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Quarts of Monstaliner are inevitable so that would address your request.
Seriously this is a good move. Your product is so much better then the other DYI products out there, it isn't even close. I have no regrets using it!
Unread 05-03-2010, 11:54 PM   #1273
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Seriously this is a good move. Your product is so much better then the other DYI products out there, it isn't even close. I have no regrets using it!
Thanks, How much did you wind up using inside the Bronco?
Unread 05-04-2010, 05:28 AM   #1274
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
x2. It bridges the gap between DIY and professional liners. I think it is even better than the old style Rhino that is in my uncle's truck.
Unread 05-04-2010, 06:44 AM   #1275
erickpl
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I think the quart size of the liner will be great. I think I slacked a tiny bit when prepping my door sill. A piece of the liner flaked off (not sure if I dropped something or my door did something). But when I looked at it, I noticed the paint was attached to it, so I am thinking I didn't wipe the sill down completely after the sanding and such. I did have to use a blade to get my old plastic door sills off and I think the blade got under the paint cleanly and I just didn't get that flake off. I can't blame the liner - it was still attached to the paint.

This is 100% my fault for not verifying all prep before laying it down.

So some touch up stuff will be nice for those little oopsies. I'm REALLY happy with this stuff!
Green Jeep Member #155
Low Output 4 Cylinder Jeep Member #35

Keep moving forward. But keep an eye on history, for if you don't, you are doomed to repeat it.
erickpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.