Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 84 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 04-30-2010, 09:31 PM   #1246
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
I actually found a roller at Home Depot that I think will work perfectly.

We picked one of those up last night. The bag says it is solvent resistant. It was $4, and has some texture to it. Not quite the same as the rollers that come with the kit, but it should be enough to give a good base coat.
This will not give you texture. It will only spread the coating. Cut that into 2 x 4 inch lengths and use it for first coat.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 12:55 AM   #1247
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

That is exactly what we got it for, the base coat. I will get better pics of it when I do the tub for this Jeep. Hopefully that can start late next week.

Hey, are you still looking for a late model pickup for the commercial? I might know of a 2003 Dakota 6' bed that you might be able to borrow for a few days. The bed never had any liner, so it is nice and scratched If you are, I can talk to the guy who owns it today (Saturday).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #1248
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This will not give you texture. It will only spread the coating. Cut that into 2 x 4 inch lengths and use it for first coat.
That makes sense, but why cut it in half?

Just to clarify, that means the texture of the first coat is irrelevant, basically, right? It's the second, finishing coat texture that matters, and only that coat?
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #1249
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
That is exactly what we got it for, the base coat. I will get better pics of it when I do the tub for this Jeep. Hopefully that can start late next week.

Hey, are you still looking for a late model pickup for the commercial? I might know of a 2003 Dakota 6' bed that you might be able to borrow for a few days. The bed never had any liner, so it is nice and scratched If you are, I can talk to the guy who owns it today (Saturday).
I have 1 more truck to do. I've got someone local who is going to leave it with us for up to 2 weeks. He bought it for his son who won't get his licence until June. Thanks anyway!

Turns out the TV production people don't want our video so everything we have will be used for training stuff on the website or YouTube
Unread 05-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #1250
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
That makes sense, but why cut it in half?

Just to clarify, that means the texture of the first coat is irrelevant, basically, right? It's the second, finishing coat texture that matters, and only that coat?
That was a 9" roller, too wide unless you are doing a trailer floor or similar.

Texture of the first coat will definitely influence the final texture. Using a regular fuzzy roller it's hard to get a level coat because
the coating gets sticky and the flat surface of a regular roller pulls the coating up. The blue foam still works better and the open cells
in the foam seem to keep the coating more level but bumpy

This coming week I'm doing some close-up videos on roller application so you'll be able to see what is hard to describe.
Unread 05-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #1251
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I forgot, which bristle type brushes work better the nylon or natural?
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 12:23 PM   #1252
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinga View Post
I forgot, which bristle type brushes work better the nylon or natural?
I like nylon because the bristles don't fall out and are more ridgid
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:09 PM   #1253
inglisleslie
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Just used the left over Monstaliner to do my down hill bike. i was going to a retro 80's look thus all the bright colors. just have to get it dirty now, what do you guys think...?
inglisleslie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:12 PM   #1254
Cwt32286

I just got done rolling in the 1st coat, Im In SW FL and It looks great, Being so humid and hot down here the first coat is drying quite fast. Im going to wait another hour and go for the 2nd coat.
Cwt32286 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:21 PM   #1255
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cwt32286 View Post
I just got done rolling in the 1st coat, Im In SW FL and It looks great, Being so humid and hot down here the first coat is drying quite fast. Im going to wait another hour and go for the 2nd coat.
Don't hesitate to add a few ounces of MEK to the remaining portion to make rolling easier on 2nd coat
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:22 PM   #1256
Tinga
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I like nylon because the bristles don't fall out and are more ridgid
OK.. we got natural bristles used for solvent. I guess cause nylon would breakdown. We'll use them for the detail work on the first coat.

Delaying until next weekend if it's nice. But I got all the carpet out and other than some dirt and gunk, lookin rust free!!
Tinga is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 03:23 PM   #1257
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inglisleslie View Post
Just used the left over Monstaliner to do my down hill bike. i was going to a retro 80's look thus all the bright colors. just have to get it dirty now, what do you guys think...?
Very cool!
Unread 05-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #1258
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Is 1gal the smallest you can buy? I was looking for a quart of this stuff to start off before I decide if I wanted to use it further or for more things.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 07:11 PM   #1259
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You can order a sample chip. I don't think they have smaller packages for the stuff. I am personally getting very excited to strip down the interior and get this started. I can't wait.

That bike looks sweet. That was a great use for the extra liner.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2010, 07:27 PM   #1260
Jeep89JV
1996 XJ Cherokee 

See thats my problem, I know if I buy a sample it won't cover the amount I am wanting to test it on. If I order a gallon I will have lots left over

Maybe in three weeks I'll just go with a gallon if there is no smaller selection.

[I][B]My Build Thread:[/B][/I][url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f177/broke-kid-build-96-xj-1007038/[/url]

[B][I]New Mexico Driving Rules...[/I][/B][LIST][*]As a general rule, the vehicle most in need of a significant amount of bodywork (for which the driver is most likely uninsured) always has the right of way.[*]Never use directional signals when changing lanes. They only serve to give away your next move, causing most NM drivers to speed up and not let you in. In fact, use of directional signals within most large NM city limits is actual illegal.[*]NM law states that at least 50% of all paved surfaces within the state must be under construction at any one time. In all construction zones, at least half of the available lanes must be closed, regardless of whether any actual construction is be accomplished or not. Construction signs shall be regularly repositioned in order to warn drivers about upcoming lane closures immediately after they pass the last exit before traffic backups.
[*]Driving through constructions zones with upcoming lane closures is a popular game in NM. Itís called the "speed up and pass as many cars as you can, then see how close to the lane closure you can squeeze back into traffic before hitting any of the orange construction barrels" game.[/LIST]
Jeep89JV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.