Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 769 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-16-2014, 03:20 PM   #11521
95yjJeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

How difficult is it to do the entire exterior & interior of a TJ? I am debating on changing the color of my rig to preditor with black accents. How much monstaliner would I need & what would the recomended process be?

Unread 02-16-2014, 05:14 PM   #11522
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So my quart is coming in Tuesday. Bumper is bare metal at the moment. Non etching primer is recommended, correct?
Unread 02-16-2014, 06:08 PM   #11523
HarmonyYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

From everything I have seen mentioned in threads, yes non etching primer. What are you using by the way?
Unread 02-16-2014, 07:01 PM   #11524
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarmonyYJ View Post
From everything I have seen mentioned in threads, yes non etching primer. What are you using by the way?
That's what was recommended a few pages ago when discussing bare metal and Monstaliner.

And what color? I'm doing a quart of Pyroclastic on my bumper and black on the whole Jeep. Debating on painting my wheels a graphite/gun metal to accent the bumper. Haven't decided yet.
Unread 02-16-2014, 07:17 PM   #11525
HarmonyYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

What primer are you using?
Unread 02-16-2014, 10:03 PM   #11526
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Not sure. Is there a preferred non etching one?
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:21 PM   #11527
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk92XJGuy View Post
Not sure. Is there a preferred non etching one?
2 part epoxy is preferred for best job, best adhesion, best corrosion resistance
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #11528
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

This is why we don't ship anything by air or overseas

Quart of Paint May Cost Amazon $78K
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:52 PM   #11529
HarmonyYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Got my monstaliner. Looking forward to this weekend (weather cooperating)
Unread 02-17-2014, 05:58 PM   #11530
JurassicParkTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I used to be a hazardous materials paperwork auditor for UPS. The rules are strict and the fines are huge if you ship hazardous material without the proper paperwork.
JurassicParkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:11 PM   #11531
Flexin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This is why we don't ship anything by air or overseas

Quart of Paint May Cost Amazon $78K
Damn that is an expensive bill. It mentioned having something in the box to stop the leaks in some way. I was hauling by truck and not air but I don't remember paint products with any sort of protection. Must just be a rule for air.

James
Flexin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:48 PM   #11532
JurassicParkTJ
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it's a rule for air. For that reason ground packages are never allowed to be upgraded to air.
JurassicParkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #11533
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexin View Post
Damn that is an expensive bill. It mentioned having something in the box to stop the leaks in some way. I was hauling by truck and not air but I don't remember paint products with any sort of protection. Must just be a rule for air.

James
I'm trying to find out what product they were shipping.

Don't get me wrong here... we can ship by air but the cost to the customer is always more than the product itself so we don't do it. The liability is not worth the effort. In this case, someone just threw the quart in a box and sent it off with no protection. Amazon is just filling orders for vendors and they are not certified to ship hazardous. It will be interesting to see if they do get fined that heavy and what they do in the future with all the stuff they ship. I'm betting that something will change and you won't have the option any longer to get it in 2 days with many items.

This has to do with flash point. A paint that ships by ground needs to be 100 Deg flash or over to be NOT considered hazardous. When the same product ships by air, it becomes hazardous. There's a 140 Deg flash point minimum for air shipping where a product is no longer considered hazardous.

This could have been nothing more than a quart of Rustoleum enamel with mineral spirits which when shipped by air is a hazardous item.
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:17 AM   #11534
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So I didn't know you guys sold primer, and I'm painting this week so I can't order it online. So I buy the right thing, what's a good brand or shop to buy the epoxy primer. Lowes? Autozone?

Would this work?

http://www.rustoleum.com/en/product-...y-primer-spray
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #11535
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So I bought "Rust-oleum clean metal white primer" after going to a Lowes and Autozone. I came across a thread on JF of a guy who apparently used the same primer for his Monstaliner and I guess it came out okay according to him. I'll put a few coats on and let it cure for a few days or so before I line it.

I also picked up an orbital sander and some 80 grit. Going to start sanding the Jeep this week.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.