Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 767 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-02-2014, 01:24 PM   #11491
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khselwa View Post
Has anyone lined their flame red TJ with "Lady In Red?" I was going to color match my bedliner to the body but I ordered the paint chips and it looks like a pretty good match.
Yes it's a good match. It was mixed to match at Dr Eric's Lab.

Unread 02-02-2014, 05:28 PM   #11492
khselwa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post

Yes it's a good match. It was mixed to match at Dr Eric's Lab.
Thanks! That's awesome, can't wait to line mine!
khselwa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 10:11 PM   #11493
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by khselwa View Post
Thanks! That's awesome, can't wait to line mine!
Look in my build thread link posted below and there are pictures of the Monstraliner that I rolled.
Unread 02-06-2014, 08:48 AM   #11494
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

New document download available

Purchasing and using automotive paint tints with Tintable Monstaliner
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 03:56 PM   #11495
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

So the weather still isn't warm enough, but I have other things that need to be done to the Jeep anyway, so I don't mind.

I was wondering if I could find out how much Monstaliner I'll have left over after putting the 2 coats on the ZJ. I have a winch bumper coming and I'd like to line it as well. I'm wondering if I should order like a quart or something for it.

Also, I'm doing black on the Jeep. How do you think a bumper lined in Pyroclastic would look?
Unread 02-09-2014, 05:29 PM   #11496
Grangler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Im sure this has been asked but i dont feel like reading 700 pages worth of comments.How many coats/gallong would I have to do to coverage outside of a tj? Could I just coat it right over my old paint? Also is it possible to ever get this off if needed?
Grangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 05:50 PM   #11497
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangler View Post
Im sure this has been asked but i dont feel like reading 700 pages worth of comments.How many coats/gallong would I have to do to coverage outside of a tj? Could I just coat it right over my old paint? Also is it possible to ever get this off if needed?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2 gallon kit should be enough for the TJ, since I've been told it's more than enough for an XJ/ZJ, and I'll be using the 2 gallon kit for my ZJ.

You'd need to sand off the existing paint down to bare metal for it to adhere to the body.

And I'm sure it's possible to come off. I mean with enough sanding and work I'm sure it'd come off..
Unread 02-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #11498
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk92XJGuy
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2 gallon kit should be enough for the TJ, since I've been told it's more than enough for an XJ/ZJ, and I'll be using the 2 gallon kit for my ZJ. You'd need to sand off the existing paint down to bare metal for it to adhere to the body. And I'm sure it's possible to come off. I mean with enough sanding and work I'm sure it'd come off..
No need to take it down to bare metal just to monstaline it.
Unread 02-09-2014, 06:10 PM   #11499
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk92XJGuy View Post

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the 2 gallon kit should be enough for the TJ, since I've been told it's more than enough for an XJ/ZJ, and I'll be using the 2 gallon kit for my ZJ.

You'd need to sand off the existing paint down to bare metal for it to adhere to the body.

And I'm sure it's possible to come off. I mean with enough sanding and work I'm sure it'd come off..
Monsta does not like bare metal. It needs an non etching primer underneath it for best results.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #11500
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Monsta does not like bare metal. It needs an non etching primer underneath it for best results.
Good to know!

So bare metal, non etching primer, Monstaliner?
Unread 02-09-2014, 07:36 PM   #11501
Richard_

1995 YJ Wrangler 

from what I understand , scuff up the existing paint to take off the clear coat and scuff up the paint to give it something to bond to
Richard_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2014, 12:00 AM   #11502
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Every exterior job varies slightly depending on who is applying. Coverage estimates for rolling is not as accurate as spraying because some people roll heavier. Also depends on what color you will be using and what color you're covering. You may get the bumper from the same 2 gals... you may not. ZJ will use more than a Wrangler. Most I have seen done used most of 2 gals if not all.

Quote:
So the weather still isn't warm enough, but I have other things that need to be done to the Jeep anyway, so I don't mind.

I was wondering if I could find out how much Monstaliner I'll have left over after putting the 2 coats on the ZJ. I have a winch bumper coming and I'd like to line it as well. I'm wondering if I should order like a quart or something for it.

Also, I'm doing black on the Jeep. How do you think a bumper lined in Pyroclastic would look?
Unread 02-10-2014, 12:02 AM   #11503
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

The normal job when existing paint is in good condition is to scuff well, solvent clean and install Monstaliner.

Never intentionally sand off existing paint unless there are problems with it peeling, cracking, badly chalking, etc. Correct surface prep is done by scuffing the existing clear coat until you generate a fine white powder off the surface. You are not removing the clear coat only busting the gloss off. In the case where you do remove the paint to bare metal, you never put ML directly to this surface so primer is needed. No self etch primers, only 2 part epoxy primer is recommended under Monstaliner.

Quote:
Good to know!

So bare metal, non etching primer, Monstaliner?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grangler View Post
Unread 02-10-2014, 12:13 AM   #11504
Blk92XJGuy
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Every exterior job varies slightly depending on who is applying. Coverage estimates for rolling is not as accurate as spraying because some people roll heavier. Also depends on what color you will be using and what color you're covering. You may get the bumper from the same 2 gals... you may not. ZJ will use more than a Wrangler. Most I have seen done used most of 2 gals if not all.
Would you recommend I pickup an additional quart or something then, or just do a lite first coat, and a slightly heavier second coat? I'm fine with allocating the whole 2 gallon kit to the ZJ, since I've not yet decided what color I want to do to the bumper. I just don't want to run out of bed liner when I'm 90% done with the ZJ haha.
Unread 02-10-2014, 12:23 AM   #11505
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

What color is your rig now, what color ML you doing?

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.