Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 758 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 12-12-2013, 09:00 AM   #11356
Jpbooth
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Any of CS the colors can be used under ML. I do not personally recommend using the satin black on large areas under ML. Small spots are OK.

In the case of bare, clean metal... you MUST make that surface very rough or you could have adhesion issues with Chassis Saver. 50 - 60 grit sand scratching is best. No wire wheeling.

If you are gong to prime bare metal before ML (instead of using CS), use an automotive grade primer like our 2K epoxy or Universal primer. Local NAPA parts stores that sell paint will sell 2K epoxy primer in 2 quart kits.

For spray can primer, use Rustoleum "Automotive" primer available at Lowes or HD

In the spring we will have a few different spray can primers available for sale.
Ok. My next question is will there be a noticeable color difference with the desert sand monsta with the hood being primer gray and the rest of the Jeep being gold.

Thank you,
James

This is how the hood and roof look.

Jpbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #11357
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

There should be no difference over gray or gold. DSND covers very well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpbooth View Post
Ok. My next question is will there be a noticeable color difference with the desert sand monsta with the hood being primer gray and the rest of the Jeep being gold.

Thank you,
James

This is how the hood and roof look.

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 08:09 PM   #11358
Whobeme
2010 JK Wrangler 

Can I apply more than 40 mils of material without any worries?
Whobeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #11359
Jpbooth
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
There should be no difference over gray or gold. DSND covers very well
Thanks a ton for answering all my questions. I want to make sure I do this right, I don't want the Monsta to fail due to my failure of prep. I just placed an order for your 2k Epoxy Primer. I'm going to roll it on. Another question, on your site you say to dual action sand with 180-220 grit, would a random orbit sander get the job done?

Again thanks for answering all my questions!!!
Jpbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-14-2013, 07:52 AM   #11360
SnowZone
2004 LJ Wrangler 

This is a bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever applied ML on/over Styrofoam, specifically medium density board (like the home insulation blue boards)? I have a project that needs a durable UV stable covering, and ML would work as long as it doesn't eat the foam!
SnowZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #11361
YoungGun
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Got my rig sprayed in predator a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Great product.

Before:

After:
My project is about 90% done.
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:35 PM   #11362
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
Got my rig sprayed in predator a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it. Great product.
Looks many times better than before.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #11363
YoungGun
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Looks many times better than before.
Thanks! I've been driving it around like that for almost a year lol
Unread 12-15-2013, 01:08 PM   #11364
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

has anyone used a wagner to spray monstaliner?

so I'm just wondering if I should spray or roll the ml on, I don't have a big compressor for a gun, but I do have a Wagner Control Spray Plus HVLP Low Overspray System, Model# 0518070 that is a 110v plug in, I have experience using Wagners, I sprayed plastic dip with this on a whole car, and turned out great, I'm just wondering if this is that much thicker then plastidip.
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-15-2013, 01:31 PM   #11365
YoungGun
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordryan93gt View Post
so I'm just wondering if I should spray or roll the ml on, I don't have a big compressor for a gun, but I do have a Wagner Control Spray Plus HVLP Low Overspray System, Model# 0518070 that is a 110v plug in, I have experience using Wagners, I sprayed plastic dip with this on a whole car, and turned out great, I'm just wondering if this is that much thicker then plastidip.
Its pretty thick, and it thickens as you go. I'd recommend rolling it on.
Unread 12-15-2013, 11:30 PM   #11366
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post

Before:

After:
My project is about 90% done.
Looks much better

Build thread? I'd be interested to see the before, before pics...before the new front clip too

Sent by a messenger bird
jeepwrangler97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:31 PM   #11367
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordryan93gt View Post
Wagner guns or any HVLP gun will not work with ML. Tip opening is way too small. Must use a shutz undercoat gun with compressor.
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:36 PM   #11368
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowZone View Post
This is a bit of an odd question, but has anyone ever applied ML on/over Styrofoam, specifically medium density board (like the home insulation blue boards)? I have a project that needs a durable UV stable covering, and ML would work as long as it doesn't eat the foam!
I suspect that the solvent in ML will start to dissolve that foam. You can seal the foam first with an industrial acrylic water base primer and it will protect the foam to use ML

If you want to do this I'll help you find a suitable primer as we don't make something like this rt now. You MAY be able to use a clear water base polyurethane sold in HD or Lowes designed for woodwork or wood floors. Will need to light scuff whatever is used before ML is put on top
Unread 12-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #11369
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpbooth View Post
Thanks a ton for answering all my questions. I want to make sure I do this right, I don't want the Monsta to fail due to my failure of prep. I just placed an order for your 2k Epoxy Primer. I'm going to roll it on. Another question, on your site you say to dual action sand with 180-220 grit, would a random orbit sander get the job done?

Again thanks for answering all my questions!!!
You can use any small electric hand sander but be careful on corners, ridges, etc. It only takes one stroke to sand through to bare metal.
Unread 12-17-2013, 04:49 PM   #11370
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

2013 Christmas - New Years
Vacation Notice & Shipping Schedule

Closed Friday Dec. 20th @ 4PM - Reopen Monday Dec. 30th @ 9 AM
Closed Tuesday Dec. 31st @ Noon - Reopen Thursday Jan. 2nd @ 9AM

Cutoff for new orders to ship before this weekend is 1:00 AM on Friday Dec. 20th
Monday & Tues (Dec. 30 - 31) will be light shipping days and we will not be back up to full shipping speed until Thurs - Fri (Jan 2 - 3)

Happy Holidays to ALL!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.