Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 757 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 12-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #11341
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey Eric I see I just missed a deal on chassis saver but was woundering if you will be running any sales soon or ... I need a few quarts for my jeep wagoneer frame and floor repair and thought I would check in with you before I just ordered them . Thanks

Here's what I'm working on , right now striping all the old undercoating off so I can do all the welding on the frame I need to do

This is what the frame goes to

Ill just leave this here man I love this color !

Unread 12-09-2013, 05:17 PM   #11342
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I think I'd be more concerned about the heater doing damage to you and your house if you burn yourself up
yeah I been using a kerosene heater to heat the garage up during the winter while I wrench. there is a good draft in there for air, I just seen someone ask if a propane heater would be ok while rolling the liner, and you was concerned about the 2 for a bad combination.. I just wasn't sure if the fumes from the monstaliner would be bad while the heater is on. I would definitely have a mask on, and be taking breaks.
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 02:09 PM   #11343
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Don't do it!!!! Any spark or fire can ignite a flash fire.
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:49 PM   #11344
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

can anyone tell me whats best for my application? i want to use CS because of its resistance to brake fluid.

i bought a reman/new brake booster and want to paint it for protection. im thinking it's too new and smooth for cs to adhere. if i remember correctly eric reccomends the primer grey rattle can first correct?

second i have both the silver and gloss black on hand. im thing primer and then gloss?
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 04:52 PM   #11345
lordryan93gt
1989 YJ Wrangler 

ok, thanks, guess I'm waiting until february.. :-/
lordryan93gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2013, 08:12 PM   #11346
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardostewart View Post
can anyone tell me whats best for my application? i want to use CS because of its resistance to brake fluid.

i bought a reman/new brake booster and want to paint it for protection. im thinking it's too new and smooth for cs to adhere. if i remember correctly eric reccomends the primer grey rattle can first correct?

second i have both the silver and gloss black on hand. im thing primer and then gloss?
Clean it really good with MEK or Acetone then coat it with what ever color CS you want, no primer needed.
Unread 12-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #11347
Jpbooth
1996 ZJ 

Got my monsta bout a week ago. Am extremely excited to get this moving.

Jpbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #11348
Therios
King of Stupid Questions

2003 TJ Wrangler 

So I have a question that I bet had been answered but can't find it. I know CS is not UV stable but the only reference is that the black will color fade. But does it actually break down in some other way? I have some on my window light and brush guard bar and it has faded like I wanted it too but then got to thinking about the stability and if it was just color.
-New Bestop replacement
-Orfab front bumper (DONE)
-CRS rear bumper
-CRS rear bumper tire mount swing arm.
-led third light mods that sit in the two spare tire lug holes.
-because of above - removed ugly third light tower completely
-smitty top end grab handles
-20" LED light bar 10 degree spot (installed now and blindingly operational)
-50" LED light bar 20 degree flood ( changed to 30" in center 3 tabs, installed but not wired)
-windshield mount light bar (done)
-winch 8000# smitty
-Monstaliner complete pan in red head(as soon as they deliver it) (done)
-Carpet removed
-corbeau RS reclining seats
-corbeau water proof seat covers
-corbeau seat mount replacements (removes tilt forward passenger seat)
-AXD 430 receiver http://www.crutchfield.com/p_070AXD4...-Receiver.html
-hood hinge mount for my hi lift jack
-Headlight replacements
-tremendous mt 31.5/10.5 15s on nice alloy rims
-Everything else is stock... For now

-next items
Led dash replacements

Led square lights for 6 free mounting tabs
Led backup lights
Therios is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #11349
Jpbooth
1996 ZJ 

Quick question for magnetman, can the Chassis Saver Floor & Machine Grey be used as a primer for Monsta? And can it be applied to bare metal. I ask because my hood and roof are flaking the color and clear coat pretty bad with some rust on the roof. My plan is to take them to the bare metal and apply the chassis saver as the primer. Or should I take it down to the factory primer the best I can and apply the CS? And if I do need to prime them would something like the rust oleum automotive primer work?

Thanks

Last edited by Jpbooth; 12-11-2013 at 11:08 PM.. Reason: added question
Jpbooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2013, 11:58 PM   #11350
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therios View Post
So I have a question that I bet had been answered but can't find it. I know CS is not UV stable but the only reference is that the black will color fade. But does it actually break down in some other way? I have some on my window light and brush guard bar and it has faded like I wanted it too but then got to thinking about the stability and if it was just color.

It's only the surface appearance that changes because the polymer is not UV stable. As long as you have sufficient film thickness (2 coats minimum), the product will still do what it's designed to and prevent moisture from getting to the steel.
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:06 AM   #11351
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpbooth View Post
Quick question for magnetman, can the Chassis Saver Floor & Machine Grey be used as a primer for Monsta? And can it be applied to bare metal. I ask because my hood and roof are flaking the color and clear coat pretty bad with some rust on the roof. My plan is to take them to the bare metal and apply the chassis saver as the primer. Or should I take it down to the factory primer the best I can and apply the CS? And if I do need to prime them would something like the rust oleum automotive primer work?

Thanks
Any of CS the colors can be used under ML. I do not personally recommend using the satin black on large areas under ML. Small spots are OK.

In the case of bare, clean metal... you MUST make that surface very rough or you could have adhesion issues with Chassis Saver. 50 - 60 grit sand scratching is best. No wire wheeling.

If you are gong to prime bare metal before ML (instead of using CS), use an automotive grade primer like our 2K epoxy or Universal primer. Local NAPA parts stores that sell paint will sell 2K epoxy primer in 2 quart kits.

For spray can primer, use Rustoleum "Automotive" primer available at Lowes or HD

In the spring we will have a few different spray can primers available for sale.
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:11 AM   #11352
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardostewart View Post

If you think it's too smooth for CS to adhere it prob is too smooth.
Depending on what you want for your final finish, you could rough up the metal for CS or just clean the metal well and use metal primer instead of CS
Unread 12-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #11353
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Kenny
I will probably run that promo again next week before Christmas or between then and New Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelow1ton View Post
Hey Eric I see I just missed a deal on chassis saver but was woundering if you will be running any sales soon or ... I need a few quarts for my jeep wagoneer frame and floor repair and thought I would check in with you before I just ordered them . Thanks

Here's what I'm working on , right now striping all the old undercoating off so I can do all the welding on the frame I need to do

This is what the frame goes to

Ill just leave this here man I love this color !
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:15 AM   #11354
mogey88

So what is the best way to get the most texture out of this?
mogey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-12-2013, 02:35 AM   #11355
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogey88 View Post
So what is the best way to get the most texture out of this?
see this PDF on texture. It discusses how to get less texture but you'll get the point regarding more texture
http://www.monstaliner.com/documents...ss-Texture.pdf

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.