Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 753 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #11281
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Will def do something. Should be about 4 months for another 125K views which will coincide with our escape from NY
Haven't checked in in awhile, where you guys moving to?

Built Not Bought #704
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #11282
spk454
1983 CJ8 

questions.

Considering monstaliner for my inner fenders (steel, epoxy primed) and tub (fiberglas). I want to put down lizard skin first as sound insulation. Can monstaliner go over that? If the epoxy is cured do I need to scuff to apply the liner? Will it be resistant to chips or should I put undercoating over it in the fenders for sound/chip protection?

Thanks in advance. Also how much would you recommend for the inside of a scrambler tub, firewall and both inner fenders?
spk454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 08:54 AM   #11283
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

w00t
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:10 AM   #11284
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFJ View Post
Haven't checked in in awhile, where you guys moving to?
Cullman, AL
Waiting on 700 yds concrete
2013111195123134.jpg   2013111195123119.jpg  
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:13 AM   #11285
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk454 View Post
Considering monstaliner for my inner fenders (steel, epoxy primed) and tub (fiberglas). I want to put down lizard skin first as sound insulation. Can monstaliner go over that? If the epoxy is cured do I need to scuff to apply the liner? Will it be resistant to chips or should I put undercoating over it in the fenders for sound/chip protection?

Thanks in advance. Also how much would you recommend for the inside of a scrambler tub, firewall and both inner fenders?
Let the Liz Skin cure 3 days, very light scuff, clean with mineral spirits and let dry thoroughly then put ML

Most 2 part epoxy primers must be scuffed if fully cured before recoating

Undercoat is not required but can go over ML in the wells if it makes you feel better
Unread 11-12-2013, 11:01 AM   #11286
spk454
1983 CJ8 

so quick scuff with scotch brites? 320 grit? can the epoxy be cleaned with a PRE paint prep or mineral spirits as well? how much monstaliner should I get? thanks, sorry so many questions, painting newbie...
spk454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #11287
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels

1991 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post

GOOB just ask what you want to know
I will be putting in a new floorpan on 1 side. some parts of tub will have chassis saver/por15. Im just wondering about prepwork before application.
prime the new steel, sand and apply? and over the existing paint, just sand, clean and apply? See these questions are mundane thats why I was looking for faq.
also will be swapping roll bar when I do this and wondering if I should line before i put it in, will the thickness throw off the bar to the tub alignment
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #11288
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spk454 View Post
so quick scuff with scotch brites? 320 grit? can the epoxy be cleaned with a PRE paint prep or mineral spirits as well? how much monstaliner should I get? thanks, sorry so many questions, painting newbie...
320 is prob too fine. I would go gently with 180 grit or use the brown pads supplied with the ML kits. Extras pads are also available in the ML shop cart.

Min spirits is fine after scuffing the epoxy just let it evap for a few hrs before coating over it.

Tub needs 1 gal but I'm not sure of the footage on the firewall and fender surfaces. Qt does 15 sq ft / gal does 60 sq ft
I would do some measurements
Unread 11-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #11289
cole_slaww
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I am interesting in ordering Monstaliner for for 02 wrangler. It is patriot blue currently and I am torn between white and ww11. Do you think that if i do white I am going to have to go with a primer first? Also, are you doing any deals for the holidays coming up?? Thanks
cole_slaww is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 09:42 PM   #11290
vortechYJ
1992 YJ Wrangler 

My Predator kit just arrived, once my flat fenders arrive the work will begin. Ill post pics once its started. Predator on the exterior and black on the flares.
vortechYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 01:01 PM   #11291
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vortechYJ View Post
My Predator kit just arrived, once my flat fenders arrive the work will begin. Ill post pics once its started. Predator on the exterior and black on the flares.
Make sure you share a lot of pics. I'm contimplating the same scheme!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 08:18 AM   #11292
familyguy5

Can you send me the mix ratios by weight for the liner mixed with the tint?
familyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2013, 04:05 PM   #11293
helmetface

Hey Eric, what are your suggestions for getting sap off monstaliner? I had a good sized drop on my hood..tried taking it off with various alcohols and degreasers- to no avail.

Now it's cooked onto the hood and ugly as sin..probably too far gone at this point..but for future reference?
helmetface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 11:03 AM   #11294
burnswhenip
2010 JK Wrangler 

Got my kit in today. Opened it up to find no catalyst. Gave them a call and was told they will look into it. Guess it will be a while before they figure out why they didnt send me the cataylst. Was really looking forward to installing it this week. Guess I will be unprepping the Jeep. I wonder if this is a sign that I should return everything and try something else
burnswhenip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #11295
helmetface

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnswhenip View Post
Got my kit in today. Opened it up to find no catalyst. Gave them a call and was told they will look into it. Guess it will be a while before they figure out why they didnt send me the cataylst. Was really looking forward to installing it this week. Guess I will be unprepping the Jeep. I wonder if this is a sign that I should return everything and try something else
Don't be a drama queen. They are a company and like any other company they are subject to ****ing up here and there.

You know what, go ahead and return it and buy some raptor liner and enjoy it falling apart. Monstaliner is for the non*****.
helmetface is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.