Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 752 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBaseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiBushed Sleeves & Poly Bushings!

Reply
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:49 AM   #11266
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,725
I like the sound of that

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:18 AM   #11267
familyguy5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: hopkinton, ma
Posts: 9
Has anyone removed the hinges and painted under them? I'm going to replace some of the hinges with powder coated black and was wondering if there will be any issues reattaching them once the paint is applied. I'd like to paint everything and then put back together with new hinges. trying to figure out if I need to tape where the hinges will attach to keep the coating off.
familyguy5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 08:32 AM   #11268
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy5 View Post
Has anyone removed the hinges and painted under them? I'm going to replace some of the hinges with powder coated black and was wondering if there will be any issues reattaching them once the paint is applied. I'd like to paint everything and then put back together with new hinges. trying to figure out if I need to tape where the hinges will attach to keep the coating off.
My gut says do not mask where hinges will seat and bolt them on 18 - 24 hrs after liner and the coating will compress some and conform under pressure with no issues. It's really not thick enough to cause a problem
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #11269
RICEKILA
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Swindel-hurst, NY
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Closing in on 900,000 views here
+ 1
__________________
I was once a tree house.
I lived in a cake.
But I never saw the way - the orange slayed the rake --
RICEKILA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-2013, 05:47 AM   #11270
jski701
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East Moriches, NY
Posts: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy5 View Post
Been looking through the forums and can't find the answer so I figured I'd post. Almost done with the body work on my tj dealing with rust holes and about to pull the trigger on the topcoat. Is Predator close to the factory color Gecko?

Anyone happen to have comparison pictures of the two?
Go to the website, you can order a bunch of samples for free. Only took a few days to get. They come in a 1.5" squares of the color, and is the actual material
jski701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #11271
familyguy5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: hopkinton, ma
Posts: 9
Thanks. I have the samples and predator looks great, just haven't been able to find a jeep in gecko to compare it against....
familyguy5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-2013, 05:37 PM   #11272
jamesrw30
Registered User
2004 WJ 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Kingsport, Tennessee
Posts: 161
Got the wife talked into monsta for the recently added wj! Now to pick a color and price it out. Be giving you a shout soon to help with fighting out the cost once we pick a color.
jamesrw30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 08:29 AM   #11273
familyguy5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: hopkinton, ma
Posts: 9
Two more questions.

1. Can I apply right over the plastic material?fender flares and such?

2. Can I mix up the two gallons with the tint to get consistent color and store jn a larger bucket and then make smaller batches with the hardener?
familyguy5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #11274
The_Goob
Hell on Wheels
 
The_Goob's Avatar
1991 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Walcott, IA
Posts: 1,739
Rather than ask the same questions you've had a million times, ill just ask this. is there a general direction/faq page? I dont even have a kit yet but want to read up on all the prep and whatnot and digging through hundreds of pages of other peoples questions isnt fun :P
The_Goob is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #11275
yj_loomis
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oswego, New York
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Goob
Rather than ask the same questions you've had a million times, ill just ask this. is there a general direction/faq page? I dont even have a kit yet but want to read up on all the prep and whatnot and digging through hundreds of pages of other peoples questions isnt fun :P
He was working on a sub forum with it all spelled out... Not sure what's going on with it.
yj_loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:07 PM   #11276
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy5 View Post
Two more questions.

1. Can I apply right over the plastic material?fender flares and such?

2. Can I mix up the two gallons with the tint to get consistent color and store jn a larger bucket and then make smaller batches with the hardener?
Not direct to plastic, See this doc
http://www.monstaliner.com/documents...ng_Plastic.pdf

Mixing all gallons at once with color is not really necessary. Color is consistent between cans of tint. You can mix color with gallon of liner and then mix your smaller batches but you need to be careful measuring then because mix ratio changes when color is premixed
W/color premixed it's 7.5 liner/color to 1 catalyst

I have mix ratios by weight if you wanted to do it that way. Each color is different
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2013, 11:10 PM   #11277
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_loomis View Post
He was working on a sub forum with it all spelled out... Not sure what's going on with it.
Subforum work is coming along slowly. Not ready to post info yet

GOOB just ask what you want to know
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 04:49 AM   #11278
bobthecatkiller
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: binghamton, newyork
Posts: 805
Wondering what kind of sales are going on Black Friday. I keep stocking up on chassis saver because of the NY rust. That and maybe just maybe I'm buying a new xj for the girl and of course it's getting monstaliner.
__________________
officer: What where you doing down by the river?
me: awww ahhhh awwww exploring?
officer: mudding?
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:44 AM   #11279
yj_loomis
Registered User
1990 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oswego, New York
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
subforum work is coming along slowly. Not ready to post info yet
sweet!
yj_loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #11280
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Amityville, NY
Posts: 10,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post
Wondering what kind of sales are going on Black Friday. I keep stocking up on chassis saver because of the NY rust. That and maybe just maybe I'm buying a new xj for the girl and of course it's getting monstaliner.
Will do a 4 day 2 4 1 sale on Chassis Saver
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote



Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.