Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 751 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Nitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #11251
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Also wondering if the silver chassis saver performs better than the blacks do, if the silver has like aluminum particulate in it or anything that enhances the performance or if its just a different color.
It does in fact have Alu particulate in it, however you would do best to base coat the rust with the silver and do the black over it like most do. I spray axles that way and have great results.

I only did the silver over my very little tub rust before the monstaliner however.

Unread 10-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #11252
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Colors are not affected by what we do with catalyst to make chips. You are looking at actual liner on the chips and colors are the same when you do it yourself.
Thanks, thats what I wanted to know. Just wanted to make sure before I order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroubleNEO View Post
It does in fact have Alu particulate in it, however you would do best to base coat the rust with the silver and do the black over it like most do. I spray axles that way and have great results.

I only did the silver over my very little tub rust before the monstaliner however.
Yeah I am going to get the silver CS to use on some rust issues before I lay down the Monsta on my exterior. Also going to do some spots on the underbody that are a bit rusty with it.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #11253
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Finally committed to a color choice and placed my order! Stoked to get to work on the prep.
Unread 10-31-2013, 01:09 AM   #11254
CareyKimber
1997 ZJ 

We better get pictures...

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/k...build-1626817/
Unread 10-31-2013, 02:43 AM   #11255
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyKimber View Post
We better get pictures...
There will definitely be pictures taken.
Unread 11-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #11256
86indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86indy View Post
Sorry guys first off let me say, I dont own a jeep..I own a 2001 Ford Ranger. I am here because you guys seem to have the most experience with this product. I have looked at the picture thread of ML (not the vendor thread) and I like what I see so far, but I only saw a bronco and XJ (zombie themed one) in white. I want to do the whole truck eventually (in about 4 years), but I want to do my bumper now (I have an edge model ranger with painted bumpers), simply because I love to hit $h!t in my truck hahaha and on a serious note my paint is chipping because it has no primer under it..
So how will ML hold up on my plastic bumper that is flexible?
I dont want a super textured finish (or so I think) so is it okay as in if I dont do the 3rd roll (as instructed on ML website videos) to get a less textured finish?
Also when it comes to doing the whole truck eventually, I want the best results naturally, so spray or roll on?
I also just put in for my color chips to match my oxford white on ML website!
Thanks guys any help will be appreciated!!!
Anyone?..
86indy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-2013, 11:19 AM   #11257
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Sorry guys first off let me say, I dont own a jeep..I own a 2001 Ford Ranger. I am here because you guys seem to have the most experience with this product. I have looked at the picture thread of ML (not the vendor thread) and I like what I see so far, but I only saw a bronco and XJ (zombie themed one) in white. I want to do the whole truck eventually (in about 4 years), but I want to do my bumper now (I have an edge model ranger with painted bumpers), simply because I love to hit $h!t in my truck hahaha and on a serious note my paint is chipping because it has no primer under it..
So how will ML hold up on my plastic bumper that is flexible?
I dont want a super textured finish (or so I think) so is it okay as in if I dont do the 3rd roll (as instructed on ML website videos) to get a less textured finish?
Also when it comes to doing the whole truck eventually, I want the best results naturally, so spray or roll on?
I also just put in for my color chips to match my oxford white on ML website!
Thanks guys any help will be appreciated!!!
Quote:
Anyone?..
I havent used the product yet myself but have read the whole thread and researched as much as I could find on the stuff.

If the paint is chipping on your bumpers then the Monsta will only stick as good as what it is put on top of so it will chip off with the paint underneath it. You would be best off removing the paint from the bumper and using an adhesion promoter for plastics before putting Monsta on.

If you want less texture then just roll it on and once its on and starts to tack up dont roll it again like you said. It will still be textured but not as textured as rolling over it again once its tacky.

When you do the whole vehicle eventually you would probably want to roll it on if you want less texture. From what I have seen and read its easier to control texture with the roller vs spraying it on. I see a lot if not all the spray on projects Ive seen have a more pronounced texture than the rolled on projects.

Spraying takes more masking and taping off of areas you dont want sprayed but will be faster to apply the coating. Rolling requires less masking but takes longer to roll it on by hand.

Also if you look around more I know I have seen a couple YJ Wranglers that were done in white Monstaliner but I know the Bronco and Zombie XJ you are talking about as well.
Unread 11-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #11258
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

86indy
See these 2 documents

Monstaliner - Coating Plastic

Rolling Monstaliner for Smoother/Less Texture
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 09:51 PM   #11259
familyguy5

gecko?

Been looking through the forums and can't find the answer so I figured I'd post. Almost done with the body work on my tj dealing with rust holes and about to pull the trigger on the topcoat. Is Predator close to the factory color Gecko?

Anyone happen to have comparison pictures of the two?
familyguy5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 11:26 AM   #11260
sxysouthtx
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Okay, I now have the funds to order this! I'm wanting to do my YJ in Turquila. I'm not sure what color I'm going to do the hardtop in. I need to know how much product I need to do exterior, full doors and hardtop. I want to pull the trigger on this. The longer I wait, the more my wife will want me to spend the money on something else.
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:13 AM   #11261
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy5 View Post
Been looking through the forums and can't find the answer so I figured I'd post. Almost done with the body work on my tj dealing with rust holes and about to pull the trigger on the topcoat. Is Predator close to the factory color Gecko?

Anyone happen to have comparison pictures of the two?
Yes Predator is very similar to Gecko but I have never compared side by side
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #11262
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Closing in on 900,000 views here

Barbaric golf cart
jf-20131105_103640.jpg  
Unread 11-08-2013, 05:05 AM   #11263
yj_loomis
1990 YJ Wrangler 

1,000,000 give away???
yj_loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #11264
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Will def do something. Should be about 4 months for another 125K views which will coincide with our escape from NY
Unread 11-08-2013, 07:15 AM   #11265
yj_loomis
1990 YJ Wrangler 

The MONSTALINER escape from NY giveaway!
yj_loomis is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.