Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 750 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 10-19-2013, 11:09 AM   #11236
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Will send you some next week

If anyone else with a full exterior wants some of these post cards like in post #11224 please PM me your name and mailing address

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynskynbnd View Post
I could use some post cards too. Lots of questions about my Jeeps coating!

Flexing Monsta!

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #11237
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
I am really thinking about Monstalining the entire Jeep. Looks sick. Any pictures of scratches from trail abuse and then the touch ups? Wondering how it holds up to say mesquite tree thorns haha. We got them everywhere in Texas. How much weight is it going to add to the vehicle? Last question, any pictures of a vehicle with it on the outside that is older than 5 years. Love the product BTW.
2 gallons used on an exterior will add approx 12 - 14 lbs dry weight
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #11238
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
2 gallons used on an exterior will add approx 12 - 14 lbs dry weight
That's not too bad. What about the pics of vehicles older than 5 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Any pin striping I've had, I used mek to wipe off. I have also trimed my fenders and used a touch up kit to paint over it, can't tell the difference.
How long ago did you apply it?
Unread 10-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #11239
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

ML has only been on the market for 4 years
Tintable only 3 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC View Post
That's not too bad. What about the pics of vehicles older than 5 years?
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #11240
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbradUSMC
That's not too bad. What about the pics of vehicles older than 5 years? How long ago did you apply it?
Julyish 2012
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #11241
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
If you order tintable w/no color now, and you decide later that you want black it's going to cost you $45 unnecessary for black tint where pre-made factory black is same price as tintable now. I would make the decision now or hold off on ordering till you decide
Yeah thats what I figured, a little while after I posted that I decided to just wait until I decide on a color. Good to know you can get black tint though for whatever reason you might need to.

Thanks for the quick reply.
98GCLimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #11242
bbradUSMC
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
ML has only been on the market for 4 years
Tintable only 3 years
Ah, how well is it holding up over time out in the elements all the time like on the exterior of a vehicle?
Unread 10-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #11243
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughknight69 View Post
Julyish 2012
Did you do your door jams when you Monstaliner on your ZJ? Last pic you posted with the fenders trimmed and the hatch open looks like the hatch jambs might be coated in Monsta.
Unread 10-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #11244
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited
Did you do your door jams when you Monstaliner on your ZJ? Last pic you posted with the fenders trimmed and the hatch open looks like the hatch jambs might be coated in Monsta.
Yes I did, didn't have enough to do it very we'll. I'm going to get a quart of black and donut over next year. So I don't have to worry about reprinting it if I change colors.
Unread 10-19-2013, 04:11 PM   #11245
Sand1235
2004 TJ Wrangler 

How Flat Can You Get The Liner? Can You Get It To Look Like A Flat Paint With An Additive Or Different Roller Maybe?

How Does The White liner Hold Up? I've Read That Rhino And Linex Won't Do White Because It Yellows Overtime, Will Monsta Yellow At All?
Sand1235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-20-2013, 08:47 AM   #11246
jawasan
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Ordered liner for the tub! In couple weeks will purchase the "Don't Scream at Me!" Yellow for the exterior. Will redo the original "Islander" graphics by hand with ML also.....weather will be just about right soon!!!
jawasan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2013, 03:12 PM   #11247
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Im thinking of going with Smurfadelic and looking at the color chip in full sun it looks like a nice color not too light of a blue but seeing most pictures posted of the Smurf in the sun on exteriors it looks more like a baby blue.

Is the color chip a little darker than what it will look like? Since you said you over catalyze the liner when you do the sample chips to make them cure faster, does the extra catalyst you use on the samples make the blue a little darker? Or will it really turn out like the chip looks outside in the sun. If it were to turn out lighter blue than the sample and look more like a baby blue in full sun I would not be happy with that since its basically full sunshine here year round I wouldnt want to be driving a light almost baby blue ZJ around town.

I understand its a bright blue which I like, but I dont want a light blue if you get what Im saying.

edit: Yeah I just went outside and looked at all the chips in the sun again and I really like the color the Smurfadelic sample chip.
Unread 10-27-2013, 05:14 PM   #11248
98GCLimited
1998 ZJ 

Also wondering if the silver chassis saver performs better than the blacks do, if the silver has like aluminum particulate in it or anything that enhances the performance or if its just a different color.
Unread 10-27-2013, 07:46 PM   #11249
86indy

Sorry guys first off let me say, I dont own a jeep..I own a 2001 Ford Ranger. I am here because you guys seem to have the most experience with this product. I have looked at the picture thread of ML (not the vendor thread) and I like what I see so far, but I only saw a bronco and XJ (zombie themed one) in white. I want to do the whole truck eventually (in about 4 years), but I want to do my bumper now (I have an edge model ranger with painted bumpers), simply because I love to hit $h!t in my truck hahaha and on a serious note my paint is chipping because it has no primer under it..
So how will ML hold up on my plastic bumper that is flexible?
I dont want a super textured finish (or so I think) so is it okay as in if I dont do the 3rd roll (as instructed on ML website videos) to get a less textured finish?
Also when it comes to doing the whole truck eventually, I want the best results naturally, so spray or roll on?
I also just put in for my color chips to match my oxford white on ML website!
Thanks guys any help will be appreciated!!!
86indy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #11250
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Colors are not affected by what we do with catalyst to make chips. You are looking at actual liner on the chips and colors are the same when you do it yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98GCLimited View Post
Im thinking of going with Smurfadelic and looking at the color chip in full sun it looks like a nice color not too light of a blue but seeing most pictures posted of the Smurf in the sun on exteriors it looks more like a baby blue.

Is the color chip a little darker than what it will look like? Since you said you over catalyze the liner when you do the sample chips to make them cure faster, does the extra catalyst you use on the samples make the blue a little darker? Or will it really turn out like the chip looks outside in the sun. If it were to turn out lighter blue than the sample and look more like a baby blue in full sun I would not be happy with that since its basically full sunshine here year round I wouldnt want to be driving a light almost baby blue ZJ around town.

I understand its a bright blue which I like, but I dont want a light blue if you get what Im saying.

edit: Yeah I just went outside and looked at all the chips in the sun again and I really like the color the Smurfadelic sample chip.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.