Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 743 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #11131
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungGun View Post
Any idea when the next promotion is going to come up? I missed the last one, but I'm ready to order.
Promo is still in effect. See link in my sig below

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #11132
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

New photo post card to accompany free chip request letters mailed
overnightprintstemplate_4x9_rack_card-s1.jpg

overnightprintstemplate_4x9_rack_card-s2.jpg

Unread 09-09-2013, 06:21 AM   #11133
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Another new promotional post card
overnightprintstemplate_6x11_postcard-s1-v2.jpg   overnightprintstemplate_6x11_postcard-s2-v2.jpg  
Unread 09-09-2013, 09:51 AM   #11134
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Here we go

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f260/.../#post15888623
2013090695135705.jpg

Unread 09-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #11135
Cuder
2000 TJ Wrangler 

You need some goats to keep the grass down.
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #11136
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

If I wanted to match the factory color of my Jeep to do an small portion of it, what product do I need to buy from you? Also what would I need to buy from an automotive paint place to "tint" the Monstaliner to accomplish my paint color? I am not an professional auto painter haha!

I know you have said in the past that metallic paint has not been experimented with, but I guess I will see.

Looks like an great product for toughness!
Unread 09-09-2013, 07:58 PM   #11137
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Just a quick one to glean some info, so many pages!!....
Had to remove a lot of old black bedliner in the back of my CJ and went down to bare metal in multiple areas... That and along with some pitted rust in the front floor boards (treated with Prep and Etch, seemed to kill the rust in the pits quite well) need to be primed... I have to cans of the 2 part epoxy primer (Max) but it is a beige color. Can I spray that on the bare metal AND adjacent scuffed paint or just the bare metal? Sort of like spraying the bare metal and having the overspray go on the scuffed paint.

OR would rustoleum gray auto primer work just as well and can that go on the bare metal and some paint? Once Epoxy or regular primer are applied, the window to get the ML on is 48 hours? or ?
Thanks!
Unread 09-11-2013, 05:28 PM   #11138
ZSXJ430

Rims. I have the factory Jeep 5 spoke alloy rims that came on my XJ. I am probably going to keep them due to budget and priorities. Can I use the Monsta on them? I don't recall seeing any pictures of it. Problem is, I would have to roll / bush it. Is this possible or been tackled before?
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #11139
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuder View Post
You need some goats to keep the grass down.

Magnet & Monsta
lawnmower.jpg

Unread 09-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #11140
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSB View Post
If I wanted to match the factory color of my Jeep to do an small portion of it, what product do I need to buy from you? Also what would I need to buy from an automotive paint place to "tint" the Monstaliner to accomplish my paint color? I am not an professional auto painter haha!

I know you have said in the past that metallic paint has not been experimented with, but I guess I will see.

Looks like an great product for toughness!
You can add automotive tints to the tintable liner

Need to purchase "basecoat toners" only with no binder, reducer or balancers added. No waterbase or lacquer products. Quantity to purchase depends on how much liner you are tinting

Metallics will not work well if rolling. You could have trouble getting it to look uniform without seeing variations where you rolled in different directions. Spraying will work. Certain colors will need additional coats (more than 2) for correct coverage and appearance
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:54 PM   #11141
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Dennis I know I answered this in reg email but I'm reposting answers for others to read

No issue at all getting overspray on the scuffed paint areas

Quote:
Originally Posted by drespecki View Post
Just a quick one to glean some info, so many pages!!....
Had to remove a lot of old black bedliner in the back of my CJ and went down to bare metal in multiple areas... That and along with some pitted rust in the front floor boards (treated with Prep and Etch, seemed to kill the rust in the pits quite well) need to be primed... I have to cans of the 2 part epoxy primer (Max) but it is a beige color. Can I spray that on the bare metal AND adjacent scuffed paint or just the bare metal? Sort of like spraying the bare metal and having the overspray go on the scuffed paint.

OR would rustoleum gray auto primer work just as well and can that go on the bare metal and some paint? Once Epoxy or regular primer are applied, the window to get the ML on is 48 hours? or ?
Thanks!
Unread 09-11-2013, 10:55 PM   #11142
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSXJ430 View Post
Rims. I have the factory Jeep 5 spoke alloy rims that came on my XJ. I am probably going to keep them due to budget and priorities. Can I use the Monsta on them? I don't recall seeing any pictures of it. Problem is, I would have to roll / bush it. Is this possible or been tackled before?
Post pic of what the rims look like. Are they bare metal or with coating on them?
Unread 09-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #11143
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

This doesnt realy apply to me but I was wondering with all the people asking about tinting with a
Automotive paint..
What about white monsta then spraying over it within the recoat window?
Would that work or not? It was just something I was wondering.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #11144
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
This doesnt realy apply to me but I was wondering with all the people asking about tinting with a
Automotive paint..
What about white monsta then spraying over it within the recoat window?
Would that work or not? It was just something I was wondering.
That should work in theory but we have not tested it other than after longer cure with scuffing
Unread 09-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #11145
KINGSB
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
You can add automotive tints to the tintable liner

Need to purchase "basecoat toners" only with no binder, reducer or balancers added. No waterbase or lacquer products. Quantity to purchase depends on how much liner you are tinting

Metallics will not work well if rolling. You could have trouble getting it to look uniform without seeing variations where you rolled in different directions. Spraying will work. Certain colors will need additional coats (more than 2) for correct coverage and appearance
Ok, thanks for getting back to me. Where do I purchase an basecoat toner with nothing added that you said? I have searched and only found it with an reducer added. I am looking for Jeep PQ7 (Gunmetal Pearl Coat) I will not be adding metallic then. Is there an place you know of?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.