Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 739 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #11071
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

You got it right

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #11072
ezekiel97
2012 JK Wrangler 

just put my monstaliner on. Really excited about it. Will have to order a quart of touch up. I've never painted in the Alabama humidity but man it dropped the working time of the paint to 7 seconds which i really wasnt prepared for and I didn't notice til today but I got some paint bugars but i'm not really worried about it there will be mud to cover it soon and if they do chip off I'll go right over it and it should smooth it out.

I put my last coat on at 7pm yesterday and I've been misting it with water today...about to get daring in a couple hours and put the seat in...didn't plan ahead of time and have no food. great product though
Unread 09-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #11073
HDWrangler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
I know Steve has been waiting
This is awesome Rolled Apocalypse & Black
Painting the hardtop today. Coat one is done... Now kick back for a few hours...
HDWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2013, 01:47 PM   #11074
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel97 View Post
just put my monstaliner on. Really excited about it. Will have to order a quart of touch up. I've never painted in the Alabama humidity but man it dropped the working time of the paint to 7 seconds which i really wasnt prepared for and I didn't notice til today but I got some paint bugars but i'm not really worried about it there will be mud to cover it soon and if they do chip off I'll go right over it and it should smooth it out.

I put my last coat on at 7pm yesterday and I've been misting it with water today...about to get daring in a couple hours and put the seat in...didn't plan ahead of time and have no food. great product though
Black or color?

I'm assuming this happened on the 2nd coat?
Unread 09-01-2013, 03:10 PM   #11075
ezekiel97
2012 JK Wrangler 

It was black. I only got about half a gallon of use out of the gallon. TBH I did a horrible job and didn't have the right lighting so now it looks fugly. Would it be a bad option for me to purchase another gallon to reroll over the existing monstaliner to make it look better? If it is okay to roll over it again I might get the tintable white.

Yes it happened on the second coat. When I mixed the catalyst in I split it up into three tupperware storage things and closed the lids and then poured a little into a cup for cutting in. I think I'll wait for the winter for it to be less humid big fail on my end and now it looks like crap...hopefully I can find something to fix it lol. In the end it will protect against rust which is the most important thing. it was about 90 with 75% humidity
Unread 09-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #11076
helmetface

Hey Eric what time are you in the office tomorrow?

I has a few early bird questions(EST)

Some teasers:

helmetface is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:02 PM   #11077
YoungGun
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey me again. I received the paint chips today in the mail, and I really recommend that to anyone that is wanting to do tintable monstaliner. I decided that I am going to go with predator green and black for the jeep. But my biggest concern is how it cleans up. I did the inside of my tub in herculiner and I have power washed the inside and it still shows the dirt that is trapped. And with this green being so bright and coarse, I'm worried about the same thing happening. My jeep is going to be in a lot of mud, But I want it to clean up well. Also, The paint chips that were sent, are the samples rolled on, or sprayed on? What is the difference of textures between the two applications?
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #11078
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Chips are all rolled. You won't see a difference in cleanabilty with either, both clean easy

Unread 09-02-2013, 09:21 PM   #11079
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmetface View Post
Hey Eric what time are you in the office tomorrow?

I has a few early bird questions(EST)

Some teasers:

Call my cell between 8 - 9
516-313-7865
Unread 09-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #11080
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezekiel97 View Post
It was black. I only got about half a gallon of use out of the gallon. TBH I did a horrible job and didn't have the right lighting so now it looks fugly. Would it be a bad option for me to purchase another gallon to reroll over the existing monstaliner to make it look better? If it is okay to roll over it again I might get the tintable white.

Yes it happened on the second coat. When I mixed the catalyst in I split it up into three tupperware storage things and closed the lids and then poured a little into a cup for cutting in. I think I'll wait for the winter for it to be less humid big fail on my end and now it looks like crap...hopefully I can find something to fix it lol. In the end it will protect against rust which is the most important thing. it was about 90 with 75% humidity
Sounds like a mess. I hate to see anyone mess up a Monstaliner job.
Call me when you're ready and I'll help you fix it
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:47 PM   #11081
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
What's a reasonable selling price for a shirt like this when it's NOT being offered at a promo price?
Just got to say, that shirt is awesome! Anywhere from $10.00-$15.00 would be a fair price. I'd buy one now for that range lol!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:14 AM   #11082
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm still messing with shirts. You don't want to know what that first shirt I posted would cost to print because the ink goes to the edges.

I'm learning about shirt printing and we will do something like that but this will be more like the first generation we do
shirt-1.jpg

Unread 09-03-2013, 12:29 AM   #11083
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm still messing with shirts. You don't want to know what that first shirt I posted would cost to print because the ink goes to the edges.

I'm learning about shirt printing and we will do something like that but this will be more like the first generation we do
That look less B.A. and more Little Kiddie to me.
Still cool but not quite the same shock and awesome as the first one.

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:52 AM   #11084
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

I agree but I'd have spend a boat load to print the other one right now.

I'm sweating cause I have less than a 3 week deadline for this
Unread 09-03-2013, 04:26 AM   #11085
eduardostewart
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree but I'd have spend a boat load to print the other one right now.

I'm sweating cause I have less than a 3 week deadline for this
when the time comes will they be available on here, your website, ebay?
eduardostewart is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.