Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 719 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%

Unread 07-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #10771
Jakemcshibby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I cant find mek anywhere (in canada) or an mek substitue. but I found liquid hardner which is MEKP (methyl ethyl keytone peroxide) im going to use it to thin monstaliner to spray it. and what type of primer should I use over bare metal?

Jakemcshibby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #10772
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakemcshibby View Post
I cant find mek anywhere (in canada) or an mek substitue. but I found liquid hardner which is MEKP (methyl ethyl keytone peroxide) im going to use it to thin monstaliner to spray it. and what type of primer should I use over bare metal?
DO NOT add that to Monstaliner

Get acetone!

Find a rustoleum oil base metal primer or equivalent in quarts (no spray cans)
let it dry 2 days befor putting ML over it
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2013, 02:54 PM   #10773
Jakemcshibby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
DO NOT add that to Monstaliner

Get acetone!

Find a rustoleum oil base metal primer or equivalent in quarts (no spray cans)
let it dry 2 days befor putting ML over it
I dont think you could make that any clearer. thanks for the warning, will it explode or something? lol or just thicken really badly?

can I speed up the primer drying process at all? I was planning on monstalining tomorrow.
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:06 PM   #10774
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I dont think you could make that any clearer. thanks for the warning, will it explode or something? lol or just thicken really badly?

can I speed up the primer drying process at all? I was planning on monstalining tomorrow.
MEKP is fiberglass resin catalyst. It is not a solvent for thinning.
Really not sure what it would do.. could create a 5 minute pot life with ML giving you a nice paper weight

How much sq footage are you needing to prime?
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:11 PM   #10775
Jakemcshibby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
MEKP is fiberglass resin catalyst. It is not a solvent for thinning.
Really not sure what it would do.. could create a 5 minute pot life with ML giving you a nice paper weight

How much sq footage are you needing to prime?
TJ drivers side floor pan and that should be about it. so less than 2sqft
Unread 07-12-2013, 03:20 PM   #10776
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
TJ drivers side floor pan and that should be about it. so less than 2sqft
Home Depot or Lowes should sell this which is fine for what you describe and it will dry fast. Spray 2 coats and check directions for how fast they say you can topcoat it
rustoleum-automotive-spray-can-primer.jpg

Unread 07-12-2013, 05:29 PM   #10777
HDWrangler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

A couple questions.

I am painting the hood on my 94 YJ Acopolypse and then the hood bulge in black. With the texture of the ML will I be able to get a decent tape line, or will the black bleed under the tape? I plan to use 3M fine line tape. How long does the 'base coat' need to set up before I can apply tape to it?

I will need to prime a few small spots of bare metal. Through my work I have available SEM 42000 series aerosol primers. They are a High Build Primer Surfacer. It is not an etching primer. Will it work okay??
HDWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #10778
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

as far as the tape line goes...

i was able to get a decent tape line to do my stencils over the ML. it took me a few tries to get it right but if all you are doing is taping b/n colors i would say that a good painters tape and plenty of rubbing to get it to stick properly would leave you with a good clean line, maybe someone who has actually used tape can chime in with any methods they used.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #10779
DodgerFan98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone with the Moss Green painted jeep had done the inside of their tub with Monstaliner Jungle Love color. I am kind of going back and forth a little between that and black. Or perhaps a camel color to match my dash..but im not thinking that would look all that great. Just wondering how well the colors match up..Maybe some pictures if you have them?? Thanks
DodgerFan98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:05 PM   #10780
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFan98
Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone with the Moss Green painted jeep had done the inside of their tub with Monstaliner Jungle Love color. I am kind of going back and forth a little between that and black. Or perhaps a camel color to match my dash..but im not thinking that would look all that great. Just wondering how well the colors match up..Maybe some pictures if you have them?? Thanks
What about brown eyed girl? Would compliment the driftwood interior and the moss green paint.
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:20 PM   #10781
DodgerFan98
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Thats an idea..Although probably pushing into being a few to many colors on my jeep lol..I actually am currently trying to find out what company makes a good interior paint for my dash and everything. When I bought the jeep it was already a little faded and old looking everywhere and I just recently replace my half doors with full hard doors..managed to find them in the same color paint also..score. Problem is the doors interior is a different tan then the rest of my interior..So along with monstalining my tub I get to paint my interior with something that isnt going to come off the first type it gets scraped.
DodgerFan98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #10782
roughknight69
1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DodgerFan98
Thats an idea..Although probably pushing into being a few to many colors on my jeep lol..I actually am currently trying to find out what company makes a good interior paint for my dash and everything. When I bought the jeep it was already a little faded and old looking everywhere and I just recently replace my half doors with full hard doors..managed to find them in the same color paint also..score. Problem is the doors interior is a different tan then the rest of my interior..So along with monstalining my tub I get to paint my interior with something that isnt going to come off the first type it gets scraped.
Ah I see, you can check out my build thread to see what it would look like.
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #10783
HDWrangler
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_breaker_5 View Post
as far as the tape line goes...

i was able to get a decent tape line to do my stencils over the ML. it took me a few tries to get it right but if all you are doing is taping b/n colors i would say that a good painters tape and plenty of rubbing to get it to stick properly would leave you with a good clean line, maybe someone who has actually used tape can chime in with any methods they used.
Thanks Mike!

Anyone have an idea how long the ML should cure before applying masking tape over it???
HDWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #10784
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDWrangler View Post
Thanks Mike!

Anyone have an idea how long the ML should cure before applying masking tape over it???
i would guess 6-8 hours. this may be a question best answered by eric however.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:34 PM   #10785
Hoovw
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Question. The owner of my jeep before me repainted it and did a really bad job. The clear coat is flaking off everywhere and the paint in some areas is chipping down to bare metal and he clearly didn't use a flex additive on the plastics. Should do anything special or chip off as much as I can and then featheredge what won't come up or just sand and scuff everything like normal?
Hoovw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.