Originally Posted by eduardostewart
im curious for when i get time to do mine. as opposed to ear plugs, how about a variety pack of corks from a craft store?
I am thinking that I shoulda spent ten bucks or whatever for cheapo bolts to sacrifice from the hardware store. Just paint them and back them out 1/4 inch or so and the do second coat. Pull them all the way. I do have many of the larger bolt holes that worked. They are the large torx like for the set belts and such. Those stayed in fine.
I do find it humorous that I could not work tith these ear plugs. I have used near half dozen pair a day for the last 10 years at work. I know how they work and how to use them. Maybe I was just out of it or something. I guess I will be chasing threads soon if I even wanna put my rear seat back in....
What I learned:
1) tape off everything you don't want monstaliner on. No kidding. Take the time. Do it well.
2) work in small batches like the instructions say
3) plan your route. This is especially important with help. I dragged my beard through the edges. I have it on arms and legs. Just work methodically. Better to follow person with brush with your roller.
4) leave it alone when it begins to set. I found that it was easy to overwork it.
5) if you dribble or run, fix it immediately.
6) if you don't want it there remove the extra immediately and then wipe clean with MEK ASAP.
7) wear gloves. I don't and my hands are orange and bothered by the MEK
More final pictures in a couple of hours.