Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 697 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM   #10441
M34NTL

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Show it to me
I sent you a facebook message. Couldn't quite figure out how to get photos on here. Thanks!

M34NTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 03:04 PM   #10442
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by M34NTL View Post
Hey magnetman!

Trying to do a Meyers Tow'd buggy frame in chassis saver than coat over the top with monstaliner. Any idea how much chassis saver you think I'll need?

This would only use a quart of Chassis Saver but considering how much clean metal you have here I would think about using epoxy primer instead followed by ML
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #10443
M34NTL

Quote:

This would only use a quart of Chassis Saver but considering how much clean metal you have here I would think about using epoxy primer instead followed by ML
Well I actually placed my order this morning. I ordered the smurfadelic and predator green with the white primer like is recommended for the predator green ML. Will epoxy primer work with those colors? I'm guessing I should order the 2 gallon kit of magnapoxy so that I can do the body of the buggy as well as the roll cage?
Unread 05-26-2013, 06:21 PM   #10444
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Well I actually placed my order this morning. I ordered the smurfadelic and predator green with the white primer like is recommended for the predator green ML. Will epoxy primer work with those colors? I'm guessing I should order the 2 gallon kit of magnapoxy so that I can do the body of the buggy as well as the roll cage?
Can you show me the rest of this project and tell what colors are going where
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:27 PM   #10445
kc_joe

What is the finish like on the chassis saver? wondering what it would look like on front and rear bumper (both in good shape but showing some surface rust.
kc_joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 12:51 PM   #10446
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

any recommendations or special procedure before i start? all prepwork is done but Im going over everything with the skuff pad again and wiping with mek.
to do the windshield frame, should i drop the windshield, do the inside then put it back up and do the outside?
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #10447
M34NTL

Quote:
Can you show me the rest of this project and tell what colors are going where
Sorry this took a bit magnetman! Hope you are having a fantastic memorial day. I can't post the actual pictures until I've been a forum member for more than a month with 25 posts or more. Anyone who can re post the pictures is welcome to share them.

The frame will be primarily predator except for the big rod sticking out and steering rod, those will be smurfadelic. The body and hood will be primarily predator with smurfadelic accents.

The wheels are 15 inches and those will be primarily smurfadelic with predator accents.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Unread 05-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #10448
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3
any recommendations or special procedure before i start? all prepwork is done but Im going over everything with the skuff pad again and wiping with mek.
to do the windshield frame, should i drop the windshield, do the inside then put it back up and do the outside?
I didn't drop my winshield. Cut out 2 4x4's 8inches long screwed them to saw horses. Taped off the seals and windshield and. Painted it first then moved on to the rest of the jeep. Made it back around to 2nd coat right before I finished 1st on everything else. Do the inside 1st. Then do outside of frame. As soon as you get through with 2n coat pull tape ASAP. Mine turned out great.
bedwards24676 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:48 PM   #10449
travisstutler
1996 XJ Cherokee 

love this stuff and will being doing the inside of my xj with the chassis saver first then the liner same thing for my garbage trailer sound doable to everyone
travisstutler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #10450
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

i ment droping the frame not the actual glass.
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #10451
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3
i ment droping the frame not the actual glass.
Oh yeah take it off for sure.
bedwards24676 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM   #10452
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_joe View Post
What is the finish like on the chassis saver? wondering what it would look like on front and rear bumper (both in good shape but showing some surface rust.
It's a hard smooth finish, either glossy or satin. Do you realize that CS is not UV stable? It's really not meant to be left alone without a topcoat if you want it to stay looking nice
Unread 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM   #10453
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks
These links don't go anywhere. Send the pics to me directly on FB

You can get away putting Predator over a light gray primer I would just make sure to roll it a little heavy so you don't see show through of the gray

Quote:
Sorry this took a bit magnetman! Hope you are having a fantastic memorial day. I can't post the actual pictures until I've been a forum member for more than a month with 25 posts or more. Anyone who can re post the pictures is welcome to share them.

The frame will be primarily predator except for the big rod sticking out and steering rod, those will be smurfadelic. The body and hood will be primarily predator with smurfadelic accents.

The wheels are 15 inches and those will be primarily smurfadelic with predator accents.

Unread 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #10454
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesyourdaddy View Post
I'm interested in Urine Trouble. What role does the lead play in the make-up of the mix? A tinting agent?
Sorry I missed this Q

Yes the lead is the pigment itself, either yellow or orange. It started as a dry material and was ground up in a liquid so it can be added to the coating.

The issues with going lead free is that the lead free pigments are transparent so either more is needed in the gallon of liner to cover or more coats are needed to get coverage. The catch 22 is that these pigments are always 3 to 5 times more costly but there's nothing we can do about it if we're going to offer certain shades.

Urine Trouble is going to be an easy one to get the lead out of with not so bad coverage as a lead free item. We are working on it

The oranges are going to be a *****
Unread 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #10455
M34NTL

Quote:
Thanks
These links don't go anywhere. Send the pics to me directly on FB

You can get away putting Predator over a light gray primer I would just make sure to roll it a little heavy so you don't see show through of the gray
Alright, sorry about that. I sent the message on FB. I'll give you a shout tomorrow too so we can finalize that order I made and make sure I get exactly what you recommend.

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.