Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 697 - JeepForum.com

 7Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #10441 of 13188 Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 PM
M34NTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Show it to me
I sent you a facebook message. Couldn't quite figure out how to get photos on here. Thanks!

M34NTL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #10442 of 13188 Old 05-26-2013, 03:04 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by M34NTL View Post
Hey magnetman!

Trying to do a Meyers Tow'd buggy frame in chassis saver than coat over the top with monstaliner. Any idea how much chassis saver you think I'll need?


This would only use a quart of Chassis Saver but considering how much clean metal you have here I would think about using epoxy primer instead followed by ML
magnetman is offline  
post #10443 of 13188 Old 05-26-2013, 04:28 PM
M34NTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post


This would only use a quart of Chassis Saver but considering how much clean metal you have here I would think about using epoxy primer instead followed by ML
Well I actually placed my order this morning. I ordered the smurfadelic and predator green with the white primer like is recommended for the predator green ML. Will epoxy primer work with those colors? I'm guessing I should order the 2 gallon kit of magnapoxy so that I can do the body of the buggy as well as the roll cage?
M34NTL is offline  
post #10444 of 13188 Old 05-26-2013, 06:21 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by M34NTL View Post
Well I actually placed my order this morning. I ordered the smurfadelic and predator green with the white primer like is recommended for the predator green ML. Will epoxy primer work with those colors? I'm guessing I should order the 2 gallon kit of magnapoxy so that I can do the body of the buggy as well as the roll cage?
Can you show me the rest of this project and tell what colors are going where
magnetman is offline  
post #10445 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 12:27 PM
kc_joe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: KC
Posts: 2
What is the finish like on the chassis saver? wondering what it would look like on front and rear bumper (both in good shape but showing some surface rust.
kc_joe is offline  
post #10446 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 12:51 PM
rodgers3
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: imperial
Posts: 1,046
any recommendations or special procedure before i start? all prepwork is done but Im going over everything with the skuff pad again and wiping with mek.
to do the windshield frame, should i drop the windshield, do the inside then put it back up and do the outside?
rodgers3 is offline  
post #10447 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 02:01 PM
M34NTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Can you show me the rest of this project and tell what colors are going where
Sorry this took a bit magnetman! Hope you are having a fantastic memorial day. I can't post the actual pictures until I've been a forum member for more than a month with 25 posts or more. Anyone who can re post the pictures is welcome to share them.

The frame will be primarily predator except for the big rod sticking out and steering rod, those will be smurfadelic. The body and hood will be primarily predator with smurfadelic accents.

The wheels are 15 inches and those will be primarily smurfadelic with predator accents.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
M34NTL is offline  
post #10448 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 03:07 PM
bedwards24676
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brewton
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3
any recommendations or special procedure before i start? all prepwork is done but Im going over everything with the skuff pad again and wiping with mek.
to do the windshield frame, should i drop the windshield, do the inside then put it back up and do the outside?
I didn't drop my winshield. Cut out 2 4x4's 8inches long screwed them to saw horses. Taped off the seals and windshield and. Painted it first then moved on to the rest of the jeep. Made it back around to 2nd coat right before I finished 1st on everything else. Do the inside 1st. Then do outside of frame. As soon as you get through with 2n coat pull tape ASAP. Mine turned out great.
bedwards24676 is offline  
post #10449 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 03:48 PM
travisstutler
Registered User
1996 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: clarksburg
Posts: 2
love this stuff and will being doing the inside of my xj with the chassis saver first then the liner same thing for my garbage trailer sound doable to everyone
travisstutler is offline  
post #10450 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 03:53 PM
rodgers3
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: imperial
Posts: 1,046
i ment droping the frame not the actual glass.
rodgers3 is offline  
post #10451 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM
bedwards24676
Registered User
1993 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Brewton
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3
i ment droping the frame not the actual glass.
Oh yeah take it off for sure.
bedwards24676 is offline  
post #10452 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc_joe View Post
What is the finish like on the chassis saver? wondering what it would look like on front and rear bumper (both in good shape but showing some surface rust.
It's a hard smooth finish, either glossy or satin. Do you realize that CS is not UV stable? It's really not meant to be left alone without a topcoat if you want it to stay looking nice
magnetman is offline  
post #10453 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 09:24 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,327
Thanks
These links don't go anywhere. Send the pics to me directly on FB

You can get away putting Predator over a light gray primer I would just make sure to roll it a little heavy so you don't see show through of the gray


Quote:
Originally Posted by M34NTL View Post
Sorry this took a bit magnetman! Hope you are having a fantastic memorial day. I can't post the actual pictures until I've been a forum member for more than a month with 25 posts or more. Anyone who can re post the pictures is welcome to share them.

The frame will be primarily predator except for the big rod sticking out and steering rod, those will be smurfadelic. The body and hood will be primarily predator with smurfadelic accents.

The wheels are 15 inches and those will be primarily smurfadelic with predator accents.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
magnetman is offline  
post #10454 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
 
magnetman's Avatar
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Cullman
Posts: 11,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewesyourdaddy View Post
I'm interested in Urine Trouble. What role does the lead play in the make-up of the mix? A tinting agent?
Sorry I missed this Q

Yes the lead is the pigment itself, either yellow or orange. It started as a dry material and was ground up in a liquid so it can be added to the coating.

The issues with going lead free is that the lead free pigments are transparent so either more is needed in the gallon of liner to cover or more coats are needed to get coverage. The catch 22 is that these pigments are always 3 to 5 times more costly but there's nothing we can do about it if we're going to offer certain shades.

Urine Trouble is going to be an easy one to get the lead out of with not so bad coverage as a lead free item. We are working on it

The oranges are going to be a *****
magnetman is offline  
post #10455 of 13188 Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 PM
M34NTL
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Thanks
These links don't go anywhere. Send the pics to me directly on FB

You can get away putting Predator over a light gray primer I would just make sure to roll it a little heavy so you don't see show through of the gray
Alright, sorry about that. I sent the message on FB. I'll give you a shout tomorrow too so we can finalize that order I made and make sure I get exactly what you recommend.
M34NTL is offline  
Reply

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome