Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 681 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%NEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #10201
HoofHarted
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Chart is not ready, what color are you doing?
Smurfadelic.

HoofHarted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #10202
jetboat
1987 YJ Wrangler 

what do I have to do to take advantage of the Jeepforum package?
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 11:28 AM   #10203
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboat View Post
what do I have to do to take advantage of the Jeepforum package?
See promo link in my sig below
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #10204
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoofHarted View Post
Smurfadelic.
Mix all components thoroughly first

Monstaliner Mixed By Weight

Tintable Monstaliner ...................... 100.00 parts

Smurfadelic Tint (mixed VERY well) .... 7.50 parts

ML Catalyst ..................................... 13.25 parts

-----------------------------------------

For anyone needing BLACK mix by weight info:

Black Monstaliner ............... 100.00 parts

ML Catalyst .........................12.90 parts
Unread 04-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #10205
HoofHarted
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Mix all components thoroughly first

Monstaliner Mixed By Weight

Tintable Monstaliner ...................... 100.00 parts

Smurfadelic Tint (mixed VERY well) .... 7.50 parts

ML Catalyst ..................................... 13.25 parts

-----------------------------------------

For anyone needing BLACK mix by weight info:

Black Monstaliner ............... 100.00 parts

ML Catalyst .........................12.90 parts

Much appreciated!!! Looking forward to doing some touch-ups and getting the exterior done as well!
HoofHarted is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:18 PM   #10206
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

magnetman,

need a quote for 1 gallon gloss black chassis saver, and 1 gallon of the satin black chassis saver. Will need a few roller foam heads too. Shipped to Chicago 60611 zip. THanks buddy!
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #10207
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by houndman72 View Post
magnetman,

need a quote for 1 gallon gloss black chassis saver, and 1 gallon of the satin black chassis saver. Will need a few roller foam heads too. Shipped to Chicago 60611 zip. THanks buddy!
These 2 ebay item include 1 free quart of Chassis Saver if you buy the gallon and pay $5.00 shipping (and they are both at the old prices @ $104.75 each gal)

Satin
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200919794547...84.m1555.l2649

Gloss
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200919794736...84.m1555.l2649
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #10208
DNFJ
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

First coat done:

Built Not Bought #704

Previous:
'00 XJ 6.5 on 35" KM2s
'96 ZJ 2 on 31" Baja Claws
DNFJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 03:56 PM   #10209
pods8

White monsta top done, light grey sides will overlap in the transition and raise the white color an inch or so. So the final cap will be a little less pronounced but this is the general look. Some thoughts:

1) On really flat featureless surfaces its hard to lay down 1gal/60sqft in two coats. For the 98sqft top I ended up mixing up a bit over 1-1/2gal total for the day. When we put down the second coat with full coverage we had 2/5 of the gallon full still. Ended up rolling out a "third" coat right away perpendicular to the second coat to use up the product which leads into item 2 & 3.
2) Doing the above started to tack up and work the roller near the end and I didn't notice the tiny tiny flecks of it coming off, I was expecting it to fall apart in larger chunks based on the impression I got from reading here. The reality is with the roller being translucent blue you have to get pretty close to pick them out and when this is on my truck the top is 7' in the air so live and learn there.
3) Rolling on more coating along the edges trying to use it up once things were getting tacky lead to a bit different texture that currently catches the light a tad so noticeable a bit (I presume it'll dull out more when it dries). Again 7' up normally, never going to see it.

So for my needs I can see I should start with a little less coating mixed up, can always mix more if needed, can't go the other way!

All that said it looks really nice for what I wanted out of this, can't wait to see the grey on the sides and get a picture out in the driveway to get the full view.

pods8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:07 PM   #10210
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pods8 View Post
White monsta top done, light grey sides will overlap in the transition and raise the white color an inch or so. So the final cap will be a little less pronounced but this is the general look. Some thoughts:

1) On really flat featureless surfaces its hard to lay down 1gal/60sqft in two coats. For the 98sqft top I ended up mixing up a bit over 1-1/2gal total for the day. When we put down the second coat with full coverage we had 2/5 of the gallon full still. Ended up rolling out a "third" coat right away perpendicular to the second coat to use up the product which leads into item 2 & 3.
2) Doing the above started to tack up and work the roller near the end and I didn't notice the tiny tiny flecks of it coming off, I was expecting it to fall apart in larger chunks based on the impression I got from reading here. The reality is with the roller being translucent blue you have to get pretty close to pick them out and when this is on my truck the top is 7' in the air so live and learn there.
3) Rolling on more coating along the edges trying to use it up once things were getting tacky lead to a bit different texture that currently catches the light a tad so noticeable a bit (I presume it'll dull out more when it dries). Again 7' up normally, never going to see it.

So for my needs I can see I should start with a little less coating mixed up, can always mix more if needed, can't go the other way!

All that said it looks really nice for what I wanted out of this, can't wait to see the grey on the sides and get a picture out in the driveway to get the full view.
Sorry if you said it already but what is this and what is it going on. It looks awesome what ever it is lol.
ashland82391 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM   #10211
pods8

The top half of a hard sided pop-up truck camper I'm building for a truck with an aluminum flatbed. (Cabover walls will flip up into place).

P.S. See you're from Saginaw, I'm originally out of Bay City.

Here's a quick/crappy video of testing out the actuator roof lift (I rolled the camper part way thinking it'd auto rotate the video but it didn't so sorry about that, I'll get a better one eventually). http://s532.photobucket.com/user/pod...73603.mp4.html

Going on this (it will fit tigher to the cab verse my old camper, the flatbed is 3-4" higher than the factory bed but I took that into account when setting up the front wall height on this build):
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #10212
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The top half of a hard sided pop-up truck camper I'm building for a truck with an aluminum flatbed. (Cabover walls will flip up into place).

P.S. See you're from Saginaw, I'm originally out of Bay City.

Going on this (it will fit tigher to the cab verse my old camper, the flatbed is 3-4" higher than the factory bed but I took that into account when setting up the front wall height on this build):
Awesome man! You still around here?
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #10213
BigDub
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Just placed my order, can't wait to roll it in.

I spent more than a few days removing the old, poorly applied, faded bedliner and prepping the tub. This will go a long way towards finishing my project.
BigDub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:47 PM   #10214
pods8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashland82391 View Post
Awesome man! You still around here?
No, been over a decade. I was out in WA state for a number of years and relocated over to Colorado last fall. My folks are still there.
Unread 04-30-2013, 04:57 PM   #10215
ashland82391
Out of money yet...Yup!

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No, been over a decade. I was out in WA state for a number of years and relocated over to Colorado last fall. My folks are still there.
haha good choice on Colorado. I'm moving back to Arizona at the end of this year. Keep up the good work!

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.