Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 672 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #10066
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DYontheForum View Post
One of those stickers would look real good on my tool box.
There are endless possibilities for this

Probably going to buy a cutter so we can do them in house and make other designs as needed

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:11 AM   #10067
lynskynbnd
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
This is probably going to depend on the quality of the adhesive on the vinyl we choose which is a main concern

We're going to test some samples shortly before we commit to any specific vinyl.

Agreed, #1 or #2 sizes

Should we include the www address?
It does not have to be used once someone gets it and can just be cut off if desired
I like the #1 small size
lynskynbnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #10068
AstroGuy

I have some unorthodox questions about ML.

Tried sending them via email to the website, but my email gets marked as spam a lot I think...Not a jeep guy anymore (sold mine a few years back) but I am a 4x4 van guy, I am the guy you ask to take your jeep tire to town when you trash it , I am the guy who brings the keg lol

Anyway I digress, ML guy seems to be very active here, so thought I would stop in and pop off some weird questions.

------
I am considering this for inside my van, however I would like to have some form of audio sound deadening as well. Since the purpouse of the liner is for easy clean up, I wand the sound stuff under the liner.

What product (if any) can you or any Jeepers here, suggest for under the liner? and how would you prep for the liner?...so far best I can come up with is a false floor over the deadening.

Second and here is where it gets really wierd
I think I want to ML my home basement, cinder block walls, and concrete floor. Anyone ever do anything like this? good idea bad idea?

I saw on myth busters where a rino lined cinder block wall could stand up to a c4 explosive blast, while I don't expect my basement to blow up..seems like it would make a rather water proof (possibly radon proof?) layer, and would be easy to clean up after my muddy dogs.

However the guy at the paint store says if the concrete cant breath, enough to let moisture escape. the concrete will begin to crack from static pressure. As I have very nice un-cracked walls, that would be disastrous.

So maybe not the best of ideas? whats do you pros think?

Last edited by AstroGuy; 04-19-2013 at 11:17 AM..
AstroGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #10069
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGuy
I have some unorthodox questions about ML.

Tried sending them via email to the website, but my email gets marked as spam a lot I think...Not a jeep guy anymore (sold mine a few years back) but I am a 4x4 van guy, I am the guy you ask to take your jeep tire to town when you trash it , I am the guy who brings the keg lol

Anyway I digress, ML guy seems to be very active here, so thought I would stop in and pop off some weird questions.

------
I am considering this for inside my van, however I would like to have some form of audio sound deadening as well. Since the purpouse of the liner is for easy clean up, I wand the sound stuff under the liner.

What product (if any) can you or any Jeepers here, suggest for under the liner? and how would you prep for the liner?...so far best I can come up with is a false floor over the deadening.

I think I want to ML my home basement, cinder block walls, and concrete floor. Anyone ever do anything like this? good idea bad idea?

I saw on myth busters where a rino lined cinder block wall could stand up to a c4 explosive blast, while I don't expect my basement to blow up..seems like it would make a rather water proof (possibly radon proof?) layer, and would be easy to clean up after my muddy dogs.

However the guy at the paint store says if the concrete cant breath, enough to let moisture escape. the concrete will begin to crack from static pressure. As I have very nice un-cracked walls, that would be disastrous.

So maybe not the best of ideas? whats do you pros think?
That's rhino liner that withstood blasts. Monstaliner would have no chance against any type of that. Monstaliner isn't the real tough stuff. It's just a DIY thing for people on budgets who can't afford to get it professionally done. But I'm not sure what liner would deaden sound the best, probably not ml not thick enough. I also don't know if it can be applied to concrete. I'm sure you could always try! Lol I wouldn't do it but its your basement. I don't think it would hold up too well.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #10070
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4

That's rhino liner that withstood blasts. Monstaliner would have no chance against any type of that. Monstaliner isn't the real tough stuff. It's just a DIY thing for people on budgets who can't afford to get it professionally done. But I'm not sure what liner would deaden sound the best, probably not ml not thick enough. I also don't know if it can be applied to concrete. I'm sure you could always try! Lol I wouldn't do it but its your basement. I don't think it would hold up too well.
What!!! How do you mean ML isn't tough stuff? I'm sure Eric is going to love this, along with the 10,000 other users that have used this stuff! I personally think this stuff is just as tough as rhino liner or line x and any other bedliner out there! I don't know about concrete! But to say ML isn't tough, that's just harsh! I beat the crap put of my last jeep that had ML and it withstood all the abuse plus a lot of guys are doing the exteriors on their jeeps which is next on my list!
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #10071
pods8

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55 View Post
What!!! How do you mean ML isn't tough stuff? I'm sure Eric is going to love this, along with the 10,000 other users that have used this stuff! I personally think this stuff is just as tough as rhino liner or line x and any other bedliner out there!
No it is not and Eric himself has clarified it. This is a urethane paint (a thick one at that!). For a paint it is quite tough. Linex and such are polyurea which is an entirely different beast and has some decent structural properties to it (ie tensile strength and often % elongation is what I mean here, depending on the formulation/application method).

Last edited by pods8; 04-19-2013 at 01:49 PM..
pods8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #10072
Eron
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Why would you use in your house. There are many products made to do this. Besides im sure as good as Monstaliner is. Its not mold resistant.

@ZCherokee4x4 , Before you pass judgement n a product. You should try it. You lose all credibility just opening your neck like that.
Eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #10073
pods8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroGuy View Post

If you want a liner type product and have such a large surface to cover in this case it may make sense to have a polyurea sprayer come out. The raw materials themselves I believe are quite a bit cheaper than urethane based paint. Most of the cost is in the equipment and prep/markup. If you're having large easy to spray areas covered I've "heard" its not nearly as costly (they spray in pond liners and such for instance).

However I don't know that I'd be wanting to spend so much on a wall coating myself.

Also for reference magnet paints (ie makers of monstaliner) also have a concrete coating, not sure if something of that nature would fit your needs at all: http://magnetpaints.com/garagefloorpaint.asp
pods8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #10074
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eron
Why would you use in your house. There are many products made to do this. Besides im sure as good as Monstaliner is. Its not mold resistant.

@ZCherokee4x4 , Before you pass judgement n a product. You should try it. You lose all credibility just opening your neck like that.
Wanna see my ml? After the second try? Compared to my other stuff I've used?
Unread 04-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #10075
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ospreyfe55

What!!! How do you mean ML isn't tough stuff? I'm sure Eric is going to love this, along with the 10,000 other users that have used this stuff! I personally think this stuff is just as tough as rhino liner or line x and any other bedliner out there! I don't know about concrete! But to say ML isn't tough, that's just harsh! I beat the crap put of my last jeep that had ML and it withstood all the abuse plus a lot of guys are doing the exteriors on their jeeps which is next on my list!
Glad you had better luck.
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #10076
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post

Oh God the cry baby is back about the crappy job he did with his ml....
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM   #10077
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21 View Post
Oh God the cry baby is back about the crappy job he did with his ml....
I was just about to say that....

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:02 PM   #10078
ospreyfe55
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4

Not sure how it worked out for you but I myself and a handful of guys I personally know have had amazing results and as an occasional auto painter the final product results are a result of prep work and what condition the surface was in to start with. It takes a lot to have a bad product in the end. But I'm sorry that you had a bad job with ML.
ospreyfe55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 04:56 PM   #10079
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Did my rear bumper today, dont know why i cant post pics in this thread but i posted one in the what did u do to your xj/mj today thread
JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #10080
lynskynbnd
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hood Shot.....

Finished the CS base coat today

Doing in and out with DBTO
lynskynbnd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.