Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 67 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Oconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andUSA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #991
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I think he is trying to figure out how to get the thickest coat. I would just say working lightly (slopping it on and just smoothing it out rather than spreading it out).

Like said, the second coat should be thinner so that you actually get the texture.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #992
FlynG
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckRider View Post
Yep, I have tons in my writeup thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/mo...ite-up-901675/

Great thanks for the pix and the link.

Do you notice a lot more engine heat now?

Flyn G
FlynG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #993
burlyq

Thanks,
So best procedure is to go thick first and get some texture with later coats? Sounds like a plan.
burlyq is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 08:08 PM   #994
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I haven't noticed more engine heat. I have driven with the carpet in and out (after the install). The trans tunnel never really go warm either. I think the trans tunnel is the only part of a TJ floor that gets hot (because it is the only part that has the waning sticker). There is a heat shield protecting the tub from the exhaust.

I am pretty sure my tanny ran cool for an auto though. I could touch the tunnel with no problem before the liner. It only felt luke warm through the carpet, and barely warmer on just the metal.
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Unread 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #995
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I think he is trying to figure out how to get the thickest coat. I would just say working lightly (slopping it on and just smoothing it out rather than spreading it out).

Like said, the second coat should be thinner so that you actually get the texture.
He is doing inside a Bronco like the orange 72 Jimmy on the Monstaliner site. I spoke with him by phone yesterday.

Yes, slopping it on without leaving puddles will work.
magnetman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #996
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
DaleII, are wanting to roll or spray silver?
I would go either way. Rolling would probably be easier, but I want to be able to get a really thick finally thickness. I want it for the heat and sound deadening. I'm willing to try either or as long as one isn't really expensive then the other. Silver will be more interesting to put on since I have a silver Jeep. I won't have the contrast of color. It would be like putting normal Monsta on a black Jeep.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #997
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

MagnetMan, will it shine like the facotry paint? I know the black comes out like a satin if not duller.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #998
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
MagnetMan, will it shine like the facotry paint? I know the black comes out like a satin if not duller.
No, colors will be slightly higher sheen than black but only a high satin.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #999
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool. I don't think it would be right if it was an all out gloss or semi gloss.

On a different note, I love how your sig changes colors
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:13 PM   #1000
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Cool. I don't think it would be right if it was an all out gloss or semi gloss.

On a different note, I love how your sig changes colors
How's the new banner look?
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #1001
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

It dances more. It is a little catchier. It did take me a moment to realize "Bride of" also switched colors, but I think that is part of what draws you in. It is always that thing that you don't notice that catches your attention the best.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #1002
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Well, my 1 gallon kit has been sitting in the garage long enough. I have finally found the time and motivation to take on this project. I removed all the interior today and got the back half of the tub sanded down. Tomorrow I will finish all the sanding, cleaning, and taping off. I plan to roll the liner Monday.

I have a question. The kit came with 2 rollers. I have read where many people have used two for the first coat and one for the second. Can I pick up one of these locally? I don't recall see these types of rollers at home depot or lowes. What has everyone else been using? If I would have known ahead of time I would have just ordered an extra.

Thanks, David M
David_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #1003
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_M View Post
Well, my 1 gallon kit has been sitting in the garage long enough. I have finally found the time and motivation to take on this project. I removed all the interior today and got the back half of the tub sanded down. Tomorrow I will finish all the sanding, cleaning, and taping off. I plan to roll the liner Monday.

I have a question. The kit came with 2 rollers. I have read where many people have used two for the first coat and one for the second. Can I pick up one of these locally? I don't recall see these types of rollers at home depot or lowes. What has everyone else been using? If I would have known ahead of time I would have just ordered an extra.

Thanks, David M
If you aren't going to use the rollers from the kit (or you are going to use a mix), I would suggest using a different roller for the first coat. You want to use the provided roller for the final coat to get the texture.

I do wonder if other type rollers would hold up. The Monstaliner is pretty mean stuff, and it can probably eat through it.
Unread 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #1004
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
If you aren't going to use the rollers from the kit (or you are going to use a mix), I would suggest using a different roller for the first coat. You want to use the provided roller for the final coat to get the texture.

I do wonder if other type rollers would hold up. The Monstaliner is pretty mean stuff, and it can probably eat through it.
You raise a good piont. I agree with your suggestion about saving at least one of the supplied rollers for the second coat. I'll have to go out and see what I can find in the line of rollers tomorrow. I'd still like to hear from anyone else who ran into this problem, and what they used. Am I the only one who didn't think ahead?
David_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:36 PM   #1005
burlyq

On a hot day, how long will it take for the first coat to dry enough to put a second coat on?
burlyq is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.