Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 654 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREERough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #9796
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post
Does anyone have some old hinges not needed?
Door or hood don't matter
If you are still looking for hinges I have door, hood and window hinges off my 98. They are a bit rusty and would need blasted to be perfect, but you would be saving them from the scrap bin if you want them.

rda616 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 08:49 AM   #9797
PaulisTJ
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Hey magnetman is there anyway you could post a picture of a thinned and filtered ML? I'm looking to do something similar to what Viencent did. Well I can't really tell just from pictures but I'm looking for a texture more like link below(the small square is a chip of monsta, while the rest is herc). I'm not looking for a "smoother" finish rather a tighter with less big bulges I guess. Hard to explain but I assume this is obtained through filtering which is why I ask. I realize Monsta, Herc and other products are comparing apples to oranges. But from my research Monsta has a better track record and would rather stick with it, just trying to see if I can achieve different textures.
PaulisTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:02 AM   #9798
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaleski View Post
i would say i used i used between 1/4-1/3 of a gallon for the first coat. im all ears! should i be going lighter on the first and heavier on second? there was 3 spots where i can see runs, and they were on corners, i think i failed to inspect it closely enough. Im still happy with how it turned out though.
Basically yes, you want to work it out more on the 1st coat so it's thinner. No heavy buildup. Roll it out so you see some of the primed surface still showing through.

When 1st mixed, the coating is much thinner than after it sits waiting to roll the 2nd coat so it's much easier to spread thin during 1st coat. This also works in you favor because it's harder to cause runs in the 2nd coat when it's thick and gooey

EVERYONE: This is normal for what the 1st coat should look like. You should never try to get full coverage on 1st coat. The object is to conserve as much coating for 2nd coat as possible
1st-coat-black.jpg   1st-coat-green.jpg  
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #9799
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616 View Post
If you are still looking for hinges I have door, hood and window hinges off my 98. They are a bit rusty and would need blasted to be perfect, but you would be saving them from the scrap bin if you want them.
Yes I would like them. Someone else also has set for me but more is better for what I'm doing

Do you want me to send you a UPS ship label and you drop it at a UPS store?
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #9800
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrows View Post
That is the COOLEST thing I have ever seen. Avid Zombie Slayer myself, going on 12 years of obsession now! Absolutely love it! I wish I was gutsy enough to do something like that myself!

You ever find yourself in Boise, beers are on me!

Cheers
The guy is in OK city and is going to be doing another vehicle like that. I'm getting him some foam blocks to do a zombie face stamp for the front end

image_1365208119424308.jpg  
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #9801
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Yes I would like them. Someone else also has set for me but more is better for what I'm doing

Do you want me to send you a UPS ship label and you drop it at a UPS store?
That would be great. I would rather them go to a good cause then wind up a kia fender. I'll pm you my email!
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:19 AM   #9802
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulisTJ View Post
Hey magnetman is there anyway you could post a picture of a thinned and filtered ML? I'm looking to do something similar to what Viencent did. Well I can't really tell just from pictures but I'm looking for a texture more like link below(the small square is a chip of monsta, while the rest is herc). I'm not looking for a "smoother" finish rather a tighter with less big bulges I guess. Hard to explain but I assume this is obtained through filtering which is why I ask. I realize Monsta, Herc and other products are comparing apples to oranges. But from my research Monsta has a better track record and would rather stick with it, just trying to see if I can achieve different textures.
Sorry to tell you this but I do not think you can get that look with Monstaliner

Tightest texture is not achieved by thinning but by re-rolling when it is very sticky
Unread 04-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #9803
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Here's rescue7's project.
Not everyone has the time and resources to get it done like he has with almost complete disassembly... but this is the absolute right way to do this
This looks absolutely amazing.. Great job rescue7!
Unread 04-07-2013, 01:05 PM   #9804
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rda616

This looks absolutely amazing.. Great job rescue7!
Thanks a lot man! I appreciate it.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 01:16 PM   #9805
platym
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Magnetman, the green monstaliner above, is that Johnny Popper?
platym is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #9806
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by platym View Post
Magnetman, the green monstaliner above, is that Johnny Popper?
I believe so
Unread 04-07-2013, 03:54 PM   #9807
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anybody have an idea on how to remove the center console out of early tj's with the auto? The shift bezel thing is in the way of the console lifting up
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #9808
rda616
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hboy828 View Post
Anybody have an idea on how to remove the center console out of early tj's with the auto? The shift bezel thing is in the way of the console lifting up
IIRC the t handle just presses on. All you need to do is pull really hard upward and it should come off. I have managed to fish the console around the handle and selector cover but it's a pita. Puting it in 1st gear doesn't hurt either.
Unread 04-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #9809
Sparrows
It's coming...

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Hey Eric,
I think I'm changing my plan. I'm thinking of going with one of the tan colors now to give my jeep a more "Post-Apocalyptic" feel. Can you tell me what Pass the Bubbly, Yank My Doodle, and Killer Beej are similar too? I'm assuming they are champaign, cooked pasta, and, uh, ???. But it seems like most of your colors are based on a similar "factory" paint color, and being able to look into those may give me a better idea of how they turn out finished. I haven't been able to find any pics of those colors used, and I can't remember where the pic of the Cherokee was that was done in Desert Sand. You mind digging it up?

Thanks man!

Cheers
Sparrows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #9810
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Hood Shots!!

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.