Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 651 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 04-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #9751
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaleski View Post
quick question magnet man, just primed my fiberglass tub, hood, fenders, windshield with your universal primer. how long should i wait to monstaline it? and do i use m.e.k. on the primer before i monstaline or will it eat through it?

You can put ML over that as soon as you can put your hand on it and not stick to it, few hrs at the most. And there's no recoat window so even days from now just ML over it, no scuffing needed. Just keep dust/dirt off it

If you wipe that with strong solvent like MEK it will start to dissolve and get a bit sticky.

Additionally, in a situation where this project sat and got dusty before ML, you can wipe it down with mild solvent like mineral spirits to get the dust off, let it dry and then ML.

More: in a situation where you were painting (not bedlining) this exterior... you could run a scotchbrite pad over it to remove nubs and junk that fell in the primer while wet, then mild solvent clean or grease/wax remover to clean dust before painting. Obviously this process is not needed at all with liner texture covering any imperfections.

Did you roll or spray that??

magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #9752
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Does anyone have some old door or hood hinges not needed?
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:42 AM   #9753
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

The delayed price increase will take effect on tax day, Monday April 15th

Here's a PDF of the complete new list

Tintable quarts with 2 ounce color bottles will go live for sale on line, Monday April 22nd

Unread 04-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #9754
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman
Does anyone have some old door or hood hinges not needed?
Hey Eric. I will be replacing all of my hinges on my yj. Still prepping this is Bobby in Al going with the white exterior. Waiting on the new hinges to show up ups. Also I have a question. I am going black ML in the tub. My tub is already bedlined with some brand have no clue it looks like crap faded and just a bad job by whoever done the job. When I scuff it up or sand it down. If there is any of the old still on there do you think that MEK might eat up the old or make it soft to where it would not stick??? For the exterior it's tan spray paint by previous owner. Should I sand to the original paint and MEK wipe down and lay down the ML white or should I prime 1st with a 2k primer. Thanks for your help.
bedwards24676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:37 AM   #9755
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwards24676 View Post
Hey Eric. I will be replacing all of my hinges on my yj. Still prepping this is Bobby in Al going with the white exterior. Waiting on the new hinges to show up ups. Also I have a question. I am going black ML in the tub. My tub is already bedlined with some brand have no clue it looks like crap faded and just a bad job by whoever done the job. When I scuff it up or sand it down. If there is any of the old still on there do you think that MEK might eat up the old or make it soft to where it would not stick??? For the exterior it's tan spray paint by previous owner. Should I sand to the original paint and MEK wipe down and lay down the ML white or should I prime 1st with a 2k primer. Thanks for your help.
Is the liner inside rough like sandpaper?

On the exterior.. before scuffing, take some MEK on clean white rag and wipe a small spot with med pressure over the old spray paint and let me know what happens
Unread 04-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #9756
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Monstaliner Sans Panties next to Jeep Commando on the left
sans-ext-1.jpg  
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #9757
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Monstaliner Sans Panties next to Jeep Commando on the left
Haha! Sweet. Cool to see my pic on here. I'll get you some more pics when I get outside.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:42 AM   #9758
yj_loomis
1990 YJ Wrangler 

damn, thats a sharp looking yj!
yj_loomis is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:55 AM   #9759
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by yj_loomis
damn, thats a sharp looking yj!
Thanks man.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:04 AM   #9760
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Is the liner inside rough like sandpaper?

On the exterior.. before scuffing, take some MEK on clean white rag and wipe a small spot with med pressure over the old spray paint and let me know what happens
Yes the inner liner is rough like sandpaper. Way more rough texture than your liner. Ill wipe a small spot on the outside and let you know.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #9761
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7

Thanks man.
How did you apply your ML. Spray or roll?
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #9762
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwards24676

How did you apply your ML. Spray or roll?
Rolled everything. Inside and out. My interior is a different color. Once I get the picks to Eric, you will see the two colors together.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:17 AM   #9763
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Sweet job
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #9764
bedwards24676
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7

Rolled everything. Inside and out. My interior is a different color. Once I get the picks to Eric, you will see the two colors together.
Sweet job I am about to Do my exterior white and interior black still prepping. You know how that is. I bought a shutz gun and extra rollers. I wanted to ask someone who has done a good roll on job. How was it rolling the vents on the grill and around the windshield on the frame. Did you just tape off the windshield and channel seals? I would rather roll mine if I can get good results like yours. Those were the only two areas of concern for me. Thanks for any tips you can throw my way.
Unread 04-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #9765
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwards24676

Sweet job I am about to Do my exterior white and interior black still prepping. You know how that is. I bought a shutz gun and extra rollers. I wanted to ask someone who has done a good roll on job. How was it rolling the vents on the grill and around the windshield on the frame. Did you just tape off the windshield and channel seals? I would rather roll mine if I can get good results like yours. Those were the only two areas of concern for me. Thanks for any tips you can throw my way.
My entire Jeep was stripped down. My windshield, doors, tailgate; everything removed. Windshield was removed, and I put in all new seals. I taped off all door stickers and all. I don't know how to post pics from my phone, or I would put some up.

Grill is easy. You the little sponge pads included. My texture is very smooth.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.