Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 641 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #9601
mike_breaker_5
Web Wheeler

1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
Hey, just wondring if anyone has actually used this for a truck bedliner lol. Im looking to coat my MJ bed, and wondering if anyone has any expieriences with it as bedliner. To me the texture looks so smooth compared to other liners, that it almost looks slippery. Im looking to roll on, not spray.
i will be doing the bed of my 05 dakota i just purchased this summer. from my experience with the liner inside my jeep it is plenty good for a light duty bed liner. it will chip if you start tossing sharp heavy stuff in there, but then again what won't. i have hauled transmissions, engines, firewood, and a million other things in the back of my yj and have only had a few scrapes appear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flcracker View Post
I am looking to do this on the exterior of my '92 Wrangler but I have a question about applying it. I am looking to replace the hardware on the hood including the hinges, should I install them and then paint or paint over my old ones, remove them, and then install new? Same thing with a new windshield frame, paint it separately and install install and then paint it all together?? I wonder specifically about the thickness of the paint and would it make installation a PITA more so on the windshield frame than hood hinges.

Also, one or two gallons to do the whole thing; tub, hood, fenders, and grill??
yes paint the hardware separately. use anti seize to put your bolts back in. the antiseize that gets under the countersunk part of the head keeps the liner from sticking to the bolt heads if you ever remove them. my 94 yj was among the first to be completely coated in ML and was the first to be coated in colored ML. in the few years it has been on there i have taken the hood hinges, stock mirror mounts, and the door hinges have all been removed a couple times. i have never had an issue with the liner peeling.

EDIT: 2 gallons for the entire exterior.

it's not much to look at... but it's mine.
5.2lswap, metalcloaks, bedliner, tucked belly, d60's, soon to be nv4500 and d300.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/m...r-junk-990191/
mike_breaker_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #9602
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

^^ good to know, i just havent seen anyone actually use it as a bedliner yet, and was wondering of its durability. Its more of a permanent type of thing, so i just would like sone re assurance.
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #9603
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepComanche89 View Post
^^ good to know, i just havent seen anyone actually use it as a bedliner yet, and was wondering of its durability. Its more of a permanent type of thing, so i just would like sone re assurance.
I believe Monstaliner is a vendor on several of the truck forums, and has been longer than they've been around JeepForum. If you read some of magnetman's early posts you'll see where he mentions the whole Jeep thing being more of an afterthought. If you search there I'm sure you'll find plenty of reassurance.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:44 AM   #9604
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by geiman

I believe Monstaliner is a vendor on several of the truck forums, and has been longer than they've been around JeepForum. If you read some of magnetman's early posts you'll see where he mentions the whole Jeep thing being more of an afterthought. If you search there I'm sure you'll find plenty of reassurance.
Good to know, ill defiantly check that out
JeepComanche89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 05:54 PM   #9605
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just placed order!
Invoice 4994
Unread 03-07-2013, 09:04 PM   #9606
A1A-LJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I'm sure someone has asked this ready but with 641 pages that's a lot of reading.

I am Interested in spraying this product but wonder about final thickness with spraying something you have to thin first? Will you still get 40mil thick from spraying the whole kit? What about rolling the first coat and spraying the second?
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:30 PM   #9607
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm no longer a vendor on any truck forums, they all bored me talking truck beds and diesels

I like you guys much better, more excitement and diversity here and the truck people find us easily in search.

mike_breaker_5 summed up the truck bed thing pretty well and the most important thing is not to try comparing Monstaliner with spray-in liners. When I say spray-in I mean NON DIY products, anything you must bring to an installation shop. DIY liners will not hold up to what spray polyurea (line-x types) will withstand. If you repeatedly dump gravel, throw 2x4's with protruding nails, bricks, etc. ML will get scratched and gouged easier than a spray-in. ML is a weekend warrior pickup bed liner, jeep tub liner, awesome exterior DIY coating. There are many pickup beds out there with ML in them but this market has evolved for us much faster and has been much mure fun.

That said... this thread is approaching 10,000 replies

We're going to need to celebrate soon
new-monsta1-jf-bkgd.jpg  
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 10:40 PM   #9608
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1A-LJ View Post
I'm sure someone has asked this ready but with 641 pages that's a lot of reading.

I am Interested in spraying this product but wonder about final thickness with spraying something you have to thin first? Will you still get 40mil thick from spraying the whole kit? What about rolling the first coat and spraying the second?
The amount of reducer added to ML for spray is appx 3% (4 oz MEK to 128 oz of liner)

40 mils is achieved by not pushing the gallon past 60 total sq ft in 2 coats

It's my opinion, more material is wasted by rolling (lost in the roller and in the roller pan)

If you're set up to spray I would not bother rolling first coat just watch your coverage for maximum thickness.
If doing a 2 door tub, you only have 60 sq ft so you want to spray 1 light coat so you still see a little of the surface showing and then use remaining material on 2nd coat
Unread 03-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #9609
92blazn
2010 JK Wrangler 

PM sent thanks
Ed
I'm not actually going for the wheeling, I just want to watch Ed drive his Jeep. :o
92blazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #9610
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92blazn View Post
PM sent thanks
Ed
PM returned
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #9611
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Well, I finally replaced the Sandy scuba van
20130228_161927.jpg  
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #9612
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman
Well, I finally replaced the Sandy scuba van
Nice! What year?
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #9613
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7 View Post
Nice! What year?
It's an 11, had 16K on it from the dealer
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #9614
rescue7
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman

It's an 11, had 16K on it from the dealer
That's awesome.
rescue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #9615
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue7 View Post
That's awesome.
Thx

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.