Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 640 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-27-2013, 10:10 AM   #9586
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetman View Post

Nuclear Winter was a name I really liked and I thought about just a very pale gray, white + touch of black

Should it be something different?

Not sure if you an stretch 1 gallon. May depend on the color you pick and what color you will be covering on jeep now. You don't want to run out in the middle
Its a pretty cool name and sounds like a cool color.!

As for the ml
I want to put smurfadelic or ourbrake on the exterior and doors. The jeep is green my doors are currently red. Im planning on two toneing the doors with the white hardtop.
Might do the grill white too. If i use the gallon and come up a little short in small spots could i order a quart kit or somethin?
Because ill do the grill, windshield frame, and tailgate last.

rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 02:45 PM   #9587
magnetman
Caveman Chemist
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
Its a pretty cool name and sounds like a cool color.!

As for the ml
I want to put smurfadelic or ourbrake on the exterior and doors. The jeep is green my doors are currently red. Im planning on two toneing the doors with the white hardtop.
Might do the grill white too. If i use the gallon and come up a little short in small spots could i order a quart kit or somethin?
Because ill do the grill, windshield frame, and tailgate last.
YEs, you will be able to get quarts. Try not to get stuck running out with only one coat on some area or you'll have to scuff before recoating
magnetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-27-2013, 04:27 PM   #9588
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Going to be selling extra scuff pads online next week.
These are brown/extra coarse and we like them much better than the commonly available maroon pads
6x9-extra-coarse-brown-scuff-pads.jpg  
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #9589
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

YEs, you will be able to get quarts. Try not to get stuck running out with only one coat on some area or you'll have to scuff before recoating
Thanks!! Iv decided on smurfadelic will it have a problem going over the sage green it is now?
Also i need NON etcheing primer for the places im repairing rust right?
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #9590
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Thanks!! Iv decided on smurfadelic will it have a problem going over the sage green it is now?
Also i need NON etcheing primer for the places im repairing rust right?
I have a few ideas to save you some money

How bad and deep is the rust?
Are you needing to replace metal, do bondo, etc?
Unread 02-27-2013, 05:57 PM   #9591
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Ill post a few pics tommorw but the passenger fender just needs to be smothed out with bondo. And a crack welded.
My drivers side rocker under the jeep logo Is the only place im putting new metal. it has a hole the size of a 12oz can.
Unread 02-27-2013, 07:28 PM   #9592
Ravensane
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

I have some bad rust spots I am going to have to re-metal, please impart some money tricks on me!

Just ordered my Monsta kit: that's a great promo you guys got going on!

Ravensane is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2013, 02:23 PM   #9593
zaleski
1979 CJ7 

Just got my order today! was really impressed how fast it came, ordered monday midday and it was on my doorstep Thurs. morning., still have to do some prep work, but will definiteltly post some pics when finished!
zaleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 03:19 PM   #9594
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Any word on the new promo?
Should I order now or in a month?
Unread 03-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #9595
magnetman
Caveman Chemist

2011 JK Wrangler 

Price increase scheduled for tomorrow has been moved to Monday March 18th

New Promo will still include free Chassis Saver. Considering charging a small flat shipping charge on orders to be announced
Unread 03-04-2013, 02:54 PM   #9596
JeepComanche89
1989 MJ Comanche 

Hey, just wondring if anyone has actually used this for a truck bedliner lol. Im looking to coat my MJ bed, and wondering if anyone has any expieriences with it as bedliner. To me the texture looks so smooth compared to other liners, that it almost looks slippery. Im looking to roll on, not spray.
JeepComanche89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 03:52 PM   #9597
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I am looking to do this on the exterior of my '92 Wrangler but I have a question about applying it. I am looking to replace the hardware on the hood including the hinges, should I install them and then paint or paint over my old ones, remove them, and then install new? Same thing with a new windshield frame, paint it separately and install install and then paint it all together?? I wonder specifically about the thickness of the paint and would it make installation a PITA more so on the windshield frame than hood hinges.

Also, one or two gallons to do the whole thing; tub, hood, fenders, and grill??

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 04:34 PM   #9598
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flcracker View Post
I am looking to do this on the exterior of my '92 Wrangler but I have a question about applying it. I am looking to replace the hardware on the hood including the hinges, should I install them and then paint or paint over my old ones, remove them, and then install new? Same thing with a new windshield frame, paint it separately and install install and then paint it all together?? I wonder specifically about the thickness of the paint and would it make installation a PITA more so on the windshield frame than hood hinges.

Also, one or two gallons to do the whole thing; tub, hood, fenders, and grill??
From what magnet man has told me you should get 2 if plan on doing the whole rig.
Im only buying one gallon
but the hardtop will be white spray paint as will the grill and the full doors. but even with this i might have to buy a little more to touch up a few places if i run out....
Unread 03-04-2013, 05:52 PM   #9599
zookeeper93
1965 FSJ Wagoneer 

Finally carving out the time when we can have the jeep down for service (daily driver for student) and want to tackle this project the first part of June. Going black for the interior tub. Carpet has been out for 6 months and there is only a little surface rust.
This is what we are considering so correct me please where needed.
After prepping tub and under carriage, chassis saver tub and under carriage, including wheel wells.
Monsta-Liner tub
Monsta-Liner wheel wells
Also will be prepping front grill and Monsta-lining it (pulled behind camper prior to our purchase and lots of little rock pock mark damage to paint).
Might do a 3" band on tip of hood
Replacing stock fender flares with tube flares.
Will the 1 gallon kit be enough?
It is a 2004 Wrangler Light Khaki Metallic
Came with a new set 31's and new rims so those are staying for awhile.
TIA
Laura
zookeeper93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2013, 04:16 PM   #9600
flcracker
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
From what magnet man has told me you should get 2 if plan on doing the whole rig.
Im only buying one gallon
but the hardtop will be white spray paint as will the grill and the full doors. but even with this i might have to buy a little more to touch up a few places if i run out....
I figured I would be looking at two gallons so now the question is to do it all after I have it put together or paint it first. How is the fit and finish if you try to assemble the hood hinges and windshield frame after its painted?? Would it be hard to align properly??

My Jeep is possessed with the goal of making me lose my religion....
flcracker is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.