Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 635 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 02-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #9511
wghayes
1997 TJ Wrangler 

wghayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #9512
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Looks sweet!!
How do you like those general grabbers. Im looking at em...little cheeper than bfg
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:30 PM   #9513
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wghayes
not sure about the complaints with this stuff , it is an awesome product . i think the problems probably stem from three things. 1. obviously prep 2. the amount of time actually mixng the components as they should be ....maybe people cut corners on mixing time ? 3. flash times , this can play a big part in sticking not sticking etc. also spraying too thick of coats could be problematic ...i sprayed thin and even and built up layers when i sprayed so i would spray one side thin then go back over it on another pass building it up and repeated this until full coverage, waited the flashtime then hit it again the same way. i have had zero issues
Good idea, that's what I did with rustoleum. But I rolled monstaliner on. Rustoleum may not be as thick or have a big texture effect but it is hands down way tougher. In my experience. Also very little goes into the rustoleum. No mixing crap or priming. No steps needed. You spray on and go and it sticks. All there is to it, I really wish I had good luck with monstaliner like everyone else. It really looks good on all your rigs but I'd rather have it stay on for me then look good or be colorful.
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #9514
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4 View Post

Good idea, that's what I did with rustoleum. But I rolled monstaliner on. Rustoleum may not be as thick or have a big texture effect but it is hands down way tougher. In my experience. Also very little goes into the rustoleum. No mixing crap or priming. No steps needed. You spray on and go and it sticks. All there is to it, I really wish I had good luck with monstaliner like everyone else. It really looks good on all your rigs but I'd rather have it stay on for me then look good or be colorful.
I think your jeep has some sort of monstaliner phobia all kidding aside
I understand you had problems with it but just because you did doesnt mean you can keep beating the dead horse.
We get it...
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:40 PM   #9515
00grandhero

how much do you think it would take to do the cladding on a wj?
00grandhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:48 PM   #9516
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post

I think your jeep has some sort of monstaliner phobia all kidding aside
I understand you had problems with it but just because you did doesnt mean you can keep beating the dead horse.
We get it...
X2 I think you have complained enough about it. You don't need to post about your rustouelum paint job here.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:03 AM   #9517
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses21

X2 I think you have complained enough about it. You don't need to post about your rustouelum paint job here.
Yes sir
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #9518
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Has anyone heard anything about touch up kits for tintable monstaliner? I could really use a desert sand touch up kit.,
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 08:38 AM   #9519
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller
Has anyone heard anything about touch up kits for tintable monstaliner? I could really use a desert sand touch up kit.,
Yes, you just buy more of that color I believe.
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:16 AM   #9520
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4

Yes, you just buy more of that color I believe.
There's black kits but not colored. i don't want to spend 100+ on a gallon I'm not going to use. Hell I probably won't even use a pint. monstaliner doesn't chip easy but I do have quite a few little spots.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #9521
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller View Post

There's black kits but not colored. i don't want to spend 100+ on a gallon I'm not going to use. Hell I probably won't even use a pint. monstaliner doesn't chip easy but I do have quite a few little spots.
Email or call them I'm sure they can throw something together for you.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #9522
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthecatkiller

The touch up kit is not any special batch it's just a quart with small rollers that's all. Get a quart of the tintable color and get some small rollers and that'll be the kit. I haven't tried touching up but I've redone my stuff. So I don't know how good it'll look after you touch it up. But if it looks bad cover it with rustoleum truck bed coating, it covers it without taking away the texture and you can hardly tell you ever needed to cover up a chip.
Unread 02-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #9523
shaman1204
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719 View Post
1.) any color should hide them. their is so much texture you cant tell the difference. i only say this because my whole front clip got left out in a hailstorm and i had the same kinda damage, could see it in the right light, and i lined it with urine trouble (yellow) which is pretty bright and you cant tell it was every damaged

2.) when you get the monsta, get the silver chassis saver with it. wire brush the rush spots, paint with CS, and then monsta over it.

3.) you NEED to use ADHESION PROMOTER on plastics before you line with monsta or it will peel right off. i cap locked this cu apparantly someone didnt know before they lined even tho its been said several times. just by a tall spray can of it, hit it with 2 coats and line em up!
Cool thanks!
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 04:30 PM   #9524
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZCherokee4x4

If i had to take a guess, i bet that rustoleum has some sort of adhesion promoter mixed in with it since its made to bond to multiple surfaces. Wonder if that helped to bond.
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #9525
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMFpullin719

If i had to take a guess, i bet that rustoleum has some sort of adhesion promoter mixed in with it since its made to bond to multiple surfaces. Wonder if that helped to bond.
Beats me, I can run and go get the can and see what it says lol. You wouldn't believe how well it blended in with monstaliner. Covered up where it chipped and the only way you'd be able to tell is if you got really close, I was surprised and surprised I could wheel it the next day.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.