Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner - Page 634 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Vendor Display > Vendor Display > Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Liner

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 02-06-2013, 04:54 PM   #9496
martymars

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
We are also the manufacturers of Chassis Saverô Rust Preventive Truck & Auto Underbody Coating.
Chassis Saver is a high performance alternate to POR-15 at 45% lower cost.
this was on the first page in this thread.
Yes, I plan to use the CS on my underbody, but I'm looking for something to use on my doors and rocker panels to protect them from salt and moisture. Mean while looking good too.

martymars is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #9497
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Call and ask for eric. If you are ordering alot like that im sure he would give a deal
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #9498
shaman1204
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have a XJ and was looking to use ML to do the entire exterior. It is currently patriot blue, but has some hail damage from a couple of summers ago. Nothing too serious, but you can tell when you catch the hood in certain light. I also have some surface rust on the roof. Questions:

1: What color would best hide the dents? Black, a blue color close to factory patriot blue, or desert tan?

2: Do I need to sand the surface rust all the way down to bare metal, prime that then use the ML? Or can I sand off the surface rust and just use the ML on the entire roof, no primer?

3: I have Napier fender flares which are abs plastic. Will ML adhere to this?
shaman1204 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2013, 09:46 PM   #9499
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by martymars View Post

Yes, I plan to use the CS on my underbody, but I'm looking for something to use on my doors and rocker panels to protect them from salt and moisture. Mean while looking good too.
from my understanding of the product and its durability it could be used on your doors and rocker panels then painted or ml over it.
if I am wrong about this someone let me know?
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2013, 02:44 PM   #9500
BAMFpullin719
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman1204 View Post
1: What color would best hide the dents? Black, a blue color close to factory patriot blue, or desert tan?

2: Do I need to sand the surface rust all the way down to bare metal, prime that then use the ML? Or can I sand off the surface rust and just use the ML on the entire roof, no primer?

1.) any color should hide them. their is so much texture you cant tell the difference. i only say this because my whole front clip got left out in a hailstorm and i had the same kinda damage, could see it in the right light, and i lined it with urine trouble (yellow) which is pretty bright and you cant tell it was every damaged

2.) when you get the monsta, get the silver chassis saver with it. wire brush the rush spots, paint with CS, and then monsta over it.

3.) you NEED to use ADHESION PROMOTER on plastics before you line with monsta or it will peel right off. i cap locked this cu apparantly someone didnt know before they lined even tho its been said several times. just by a tall spray can of it, hit it with 2 coats and line em up!
BAMFpullin719 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-08-2013, 07:28 AM   #9501
jdougn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
We've not checked to see how ML reacts with the fender flares. If it's got any type of solvent like acetone or M.E.K. it may dissolve them. Put a dab on the back side of the fender flare and see what happens over a half an hour.
Then I agree with the post on using adhesion promoter. Dupli-color has it in spray cans. Also, as odd as this sounds, it is real important to follow the instructions. In our experience, the adhesion promoter temporarily softens the surface of the ABS plastic which allows paint to completely bond with the plastic. If it's too long before the paint is applied then the surface of the ABS is no longer soft and the paint won't bond as well. hth.
dn
Unread 02-10-2013, 06:12 PM   #9502
Dyn0mitemat
1998 ZJ 

Just bought a kit, plain ol black to recoat my bumpers, rockers, axles, and fender flares hopefully here in the coming weeks as it warms up.

I have a coat of Ace hardwares rust stop paint over everything ( http://images.jmcatalog.com/prdimgs/...EGPAPHS1FB.JPG ). It dried like it should, but its soft enough that i can scrape it off with my fingernails. Normal daily driving and road salt has had rust start to bleed through areas I've used it on, and I was hoping I could use monsta to cover everything up. I coating everything with that paint when it was new (when I built the bumpers/sliders/etc), and there was no rust on them at the time.
Only thing I'm worried about is taking a scuff pad doesn't really seem to do much to the paint. Wire brushing, or using flap disc/grinding wheel on the grinders just seems to chunk it off or clog the wheels up in 10 seconds. Its almost like a hard candle wax coating (which I didn't want to begin with).

So where do I go from here? I hate to just go over it, but then have the monstaliner crack/flake off or something if the paint underneath comes off. On the other hand, I dont really have a way of stripping everything either...

And I tried searching, but I ordered fiberglass fender flares (notch customs, similar to the iceland offroad ones that used-to-be), I assume just hit them with adhesion promoter and go to town?

No rush on this stuff as it'll be awhile before I get everything in line to get it coating, thanks in advance for the help!
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #9503
rodgers3
1992 YJ Wrangler 

holy jesus batman is there something i missed? i didnt think it would be this expensive!!!!
i realy want to use monstaliner but its a bit expensive...
still plan on buying sometime soon but is there a discount code or something?
https://www.shop.monstaliner.com/che...upon-submit.sc
rodgers3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 07:25 PM   #9504
moses21
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgers3 View Post
holy jesus batman is there something i missed? i didnt think it would be this expensive!!!!
i realy want to use monstaliner but its a bit expensive...
You know that old saying you get what you pay for. If you wanna go out and buy cheap paint its gonna be cheap.if you wanna go buy quality paint its gonna be expensive.
moses21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 05:57 AM   #9505
bobthecatkiller
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyn0mitemat
Just bought a kit, plain ol black to recoat my bumpers, rockers, axles, and fender flares hopefully here in the coming weeks as it warms up.

I have a coat of Ace hardwares rust stop paint over everything ( http://images.jmcatalog.com/prdimgs/...EGPAPHS1FB.JPG ). It dried like it should, but its soft enough that i can scrape it off with my fingernails. Normal daily driving and road salt has had rust start to bleed through areas I've used it on, and I was hoping I could use monsta to cover everything up. I coating everything with that paint when it was new (when I built the bumpers/sliders/etc), and there was no rust on them at the time.
Only thing I'm worried about is taking a scuff pad doesn't really seem to do much to the paint. Wire brushing, or using flap disc/grinding wheel on the grinders just seems to chunk it off or clog the wheels up in 10 seconds. Its almost like a hard candle wax coating (which I didn't want to begin with).

So where do I go from here? I hate to just go over it, but then have the monstaliner crack/flake off or something if the paint underneath comes off. On the other hand, I dont really have a way of stripping everything either...

And I tried searching, but I ordered fiberglass fender flares (notch customs, similar to the iceland offroad ones that used-to-be), I assume just hit them with adhesion promoter and go to town?

No rush on this stuff as it'll be awhile before I get everything in line to get it coating, thanks in advance for the help!
Have you tried air craft stripper on it? I didn't have any soft paint but my roof was rusty in spots and after 3 days of sanding I slapped myself for being a idiot and not using air craft stripper, after I went out and bought some it took me a whole 10 mins to strip my whole roof.
If rust is bleeding through any paint don't paint over it with monstaliner. Hell if you can peel that stuff up with your finger nail I wouldn't paint anything over it, you HAVE to remove it for monstaliner to properly adhere.
me: yaaaaa.
bobthecatkiller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 02:28 PM   #9506
domer1
1968 CJ7 

How do you put pictured in this thread. I want to show what I did and how my Monstaliner came out.
domer1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #9507
ZCherokee4x4
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Can monstaliner be covered by another Bedliner? I've found rust oleum spray can Bedliner that's only 9 bucks is way better. I'm done thinking it was my prep work that made monstaliner fail. I wiped down an area where I trimmed my fenders with MEK which black spray paint was there. Well I abbraised it first but then sprayed on. Next day I took my jeep wheeling and keep in mind I put the Bedliner on my fenders where everything hits it. It wasn't even dry and it withstood mud and rocks and trees. Then just today I washed it when it still needs a day to cure and its awesome. While I have monstaliner coming off after I even wash it. Weird..I did same prep work for everything. And every thing that I've covered in Bedliner has stayed on except monstaliner. Anyways I was just gonna cover what's already on there now with rusteolum and was wondering if I could. Btw Eric your armor all idea did worked great on cleaning it!! Shines like a champ where it's still on lol
ZCherokee4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #9508
wghayes
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I have a XJ and was looking to use ML to do the entire exterior. It is currently patriot blue, but has some hail damage from a couple of summers ago. Nothing too serious, but you can tell when you catch the hood in certain light. I also have some surface rust on the roof. Questions:

i believe i can answer your question regarding dents as my yukon had some when i sprayed it . this does not spray thick enough to cover dents. i did some bondo on the bigger stuff and those areas covered PERFECT even though the bondo job was not feather sanded over and over like it would be for a traditional paint job , smaller dings and dents however if they are bigger than a quarter will show.
wghayes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #9509
wghayes
1997 TJ Wrangler 

not sure about the complaints with this stuff , it is an awesome product. also to defend eric and his customer service he gave me his cell number to call the weekend i sprayed if i needed help or had questions . i dont know too many company owners to do that. . i think the problems probably stem from three things. 1. obviously prep 2. the amount of time actually mixng the components as they should be ....maybe people cut corners on mixing time ? 3. flash times , this can play a big part in sticking not sticking etc. also spraying too thick of coats could be problematic ...i sprayed thin and even and built up layers when i sprayed so i would spray one side thin then go back over it on another pass building it up and repeated this until full coverage, waited the flashtime then hit it again the same way. i have had zero issues. the fact that cherokee is bragging about abusing his "awesome" 9 dollar rustoleum spray and not following the cure time or even allowing it to dry before he abuses it raises serious doubt if his claims to ML failing are true or just self inflicted from lack of attention to details such as cure time mixing times prep or anything else since hes willing to spend money on a different product and then flog on it without following their directions either......

Last edited by wghayes; 02-11-2013 at 09:41 PM..
Unread 02-11-2013, 09:17 PM   #9510
wghayes
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Tags
bed liner , Bedliner , diy , herc , herculiner , liner , monstaliner , POR 15 , protection , raptor , rust , upol , vendor

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.